Dupree hands in Transfer request

35 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Yeah really good signing for Wigan if true good player who’s only going to get better and better. If Wigan keep him for 10 years that £200k will be a snip. 

I wonder if he'll have an NRL ' get out clause ' ? 😉

29 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I wonder if he'll have an NRL ' get out clause ' ? 😉

Even if he does Wigan will at least recoup the fee in any transfer. Paying that sort of money Wigan will surely insist on at least a 4 or 5 year contract. 

On 23/05/2023 at 18:07, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I'm fine with the balance, but that wasn't in any way related to my point.

Unlike other clubs reliant on owner funding Rovers didn't spend anywhere near up to the cap, for over 16 years in Super League, and whilst not spending near the cap still spent money on long term stuff. A new pitch, that cost over £500k, just to enable a style of play to even get promoted. An extension to the East Stand before the first season. A brand new North Stand to cope with rising demand when in Super League. More recently buying the freehold, and options for land around the ground.

You might well wish Neil had also put extra money up to spend on even more youth development, fine, but that's his choice to make with his money and in no way can anyone characterize Rovers as "buying success" given the reality of that mix of investment. This has been a very long term plan.

I'm sure we could have had a much stronger team many years earlier if we'd just spent all that money on players, as other low-mid-table sides chose to do. 

A friendly council had a fair bit to do with things

7 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

A friendly council had a fair bit to do with things

Yup. And? 

Rugby League has lots of very friendly councils, it’s rarely a success factor alone.

Hull KR sits in the centre of one of the most deprived areas of Western Europe, and the club is an effective catalyst for change. Having leadership capable of seeing that, selling it to stakeholders, and then delivering outcomes enabling further pitches to be made to those and other stakeholders is to Rovers’ credit, rather than being some sort of lucky free ride. 

The North Stand Enterprise Centre in particular was a work of multi-agency-influencing genius. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Yup. And? 

Rugby League has lots of very friendly councils, it’s rarely a success factor alone.

Hull KR sits in the centre of one of the most deprived areas of Western Europe, and the club is an effective catalyst for change. Having leadership capable of seeing that, selling it to stakeholders, and then delivering outcomes enabling further pitches to be made to those and other stakeholders is to Rovers’ credit, rather than being some sort of lucky free ride. 

The North Stand Enterprise Centre in particular was a work of multi-agency-influencing genius. 

Is that the corner office block ? 

• Like 1

On 23/05/2023 at 16:55, idrewthehaggis said:

There's no loyalty in sport, and a rugby league career is a short one. Tyler's agent is just trying to get the best deal possible for himself, and the recent England call up will have increased  Tyler's worth significantly.

I'm sure no contributors on this forum would change jobs if merely offered a large pay rise with greater financial security and better chance of winning some awards.......

39 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

I'm sure no contributors on this forum would change jobs if merely offered a large pay rise with greater financial security and better chance of winning some awards.......

If you signed an agreement for a set time it is different. Bit like having a fixed mortgage and then the Mortgagee saying sorry I can charge more. 

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

If you signed an agreement for a set time it is different. Bit like having a fixed mortgage and then the Mortgagee saying sorry I can charge more. 

Both parties (player and club) signed that agreement for a set time. Both of those parties also have to agree to it being cancelled, so it isn't a unilateral change like your example.

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

And it played a huge part, as ownership is crucial to income streams

The land’s commercial value was close to zero - if you’ve any doubt, look at all the empty brownfield sites around it. The club is buying it, and will be doing the Council’s regenerating work for them. They’re an incubator, a catalyst for redevelopment. 

Again, what you see as “good fortune” is actually constructive creativity on the part of the club. None of that comes for free - even the idea to do it came from the club. 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Is that the corner office block ? 

Yes, in the NE corner, and also the whole new North Stand. All of it (including the exec boxes on non-match days) is an enterprise and training centre. Mix of low-cost office space for small businesses, and a centre skills and employability training for people in East Hull.

The grant funding from multiple sources (including ironically the EU) enabled the 2,000 seater stand and corporate hospitality to be built.