NRL Round 13 Thread

Sorry chaps been out at Canterbury for the Cricket.

Edgy Contests

South Sydney v Canberra Raiders - Not a lot of Origin absentees in either side

Newcastle Knights v Manly Sea Eagles - Not a lot of love for the Knights on this boards and, maybe after last week justified, but they can score points, are at home and face a silvertails side shorn of key players

Good luck with your tips , and if you hafe a gut feeling about a contest, then go with it and don't be like me write about it, but then tip the other way.😳

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

The Dolphins and St. George Illawarra Dragons get round 13 underway very shortly in what is an interesting matchup.

Dolphins have struggled for consistency and will be keen to put a winning run together. 

The Dragons on the other hand ended a six-game losing streak as they prevailed in dramatic fashion against Sydney Roosters.

The absence of Ben Hunt could be key here.

I've tipped Dolphins to win but this is a bit of a coin toss.

What do you reckon?

Given yesterday's sad news, this is The Tina Turner Round.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 all now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Three Dolphins tries in quick succession and it's looking worrying for the 12-man Dragons.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dolphins 26:12 up with three minutes left, and Te Whare comes on for a short cameo.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

That was the full time score.

Score Summary

J. Isaako 22, M. Nicholls 25, A. Milford 28, J. Isaako 50 Tries J. Bird 5, T. Couchman 40
J. Isaako 24, J. Isaako 27, J. Isaako 30, J. Isaako 52 Conversions Z. Lomax 40
J. Isaako 77 Penalty Goals Z. Lomax 5
  Sin Bin J. De Belin 28

Friday's R13 match:

Parramatta Eels produced their best performance of the season to beat South Sydney Rabbitohs and their challenge will be to back that up as they take on North Queensland Cowboys.

Eels were very good in that win while for the Cowboys, they were dreadful being dismantled by Wests Tigers. They are also missing a handful of key men owing to Origin duty and it is hard to see the visitors bouncing back here so it's likely the Eels will make it back-to-back victories.

I find it a bit strange and annoying how we get the Fox League commentators calling a Warriors game remotely from Sydney rather than having NZ commentators.

I used to enjoy the change-up of McIvor, Betham, Bluey and the others from Sky NZ.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I find it a bit strange and annoying how we get the Fox League commentators calling a Warriors game remotely from Sydney rather than having NZ commentators.

I used to enjoy the change-up of McIvor, Betham, Bluey and the others from Sky NZ.

Surely SKY doesn't give them a massive discount for video-only?