Hunslet

jroyales

Probably one of the biggest games of the season  this weekend. 

We are both on the same points and the same points difference. Win this one and promotion is there for the taking.

I just hope the Hornets softened them up a bit.

• Like 1

We thought about it, but then we remembered Good Friday and said “bug**r it, we’ll teach them for embarrassing us”.

Seriously, I hope you do to them what they did to us…even if it means we get left as the sole Lancastrian outpost in the sea of mediocrity called league 1.  For those who argue about the M62 corridor holding back the games development they should come and watch cosmopolitan league 1.

14 hours ago, jroyales said:

Probably one of the biggest games of the season  this weekend. 

We are both on the same points and the same points difference. Win this one and promotion is there for the taking.

I just hope the Hornets softened them up a bit.

Hunslet are a good strong robust side but I think you might manage this one. Hornets young team missed too many early chances and silly mistakes during the game, but by the end of the second half Hunslet were blown and hanging on ! Good Luck !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Think Dewsbury and Doncaster will have something to say about that don’t you? Roll on 23rd of June 😉

I think it will two out of Dewsbury (favourites), Doncaster and Oldham. Hunslet will be a tough game and we've also got Doncaster at home before the trip to Dewsbury. The next 4 games will be critical.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

I think it will two out of Dewsbury (favourites), Doncaster and Oldham. Hunslet will be a tough game and we've also got Doncaster at home before the trip to Dewsbury. The next 4 games will be critical.

I totally agree. I’ve said it all season that it’s between us,Oldham and Doncaster,hopefully we can go up automatically 🤞I’ve seen both Doncaster and Oldham now over the last month and you are the best team we’ve played without a doubt. It would be nice to see us both go up 👍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Less of the cross Pennine love in please....have we all forgotten the Battle of Bosworth Field. 

Check your history. There is a big difference between the House of York and Yorkshiremen.

<Veering off topic rapidly>

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Check your history. There is a big difference between the House of York and Yorkshiremen.

There's an even bigger difference between the House of Tudor and Lancastrians. 😉

Edited by Barley Mow

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Guaranteed to get the tykes up in arms…always works.

And here’s me thinking Bosworth Field was Bramleys home ground.

Come on Oldham!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Come on Oldham!

Anita, what would they say in the Hornets Nest, hearing you whisper these words ???????     🙂

On 31/05/2023 at 20:50, Anita Bath said:

Come on Oldham!

It might if I were one, but I'm not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.