Sat 3rd Jun-Sun 4th Jun: The Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

45 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Well well well, half way through the year and the much maligned Bulls find themselves sitting only 2 points off second place and above the highly praised much fancied Blue Sox. Who would have thought it?

In all fairness, 4 teams could be second. 

Edited by Wolfey Rovers
  • Like 1

Easy win for Fev today and Ford is getting better game by game.The half back partnership with Lacans is gelling and can get better.If we don't get too many injuries it will be very difficult for Longy to pick our best 17 as we can improve.Barrow tried hard and don't look as bad as the score indicates they will win a few more games this season and stay up.

4 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

A few shocks in the Championship today, didn't see London, Haven or Swinton winning at all!

Whitehaven were excellent today but were given a far bit of help by Sheffield's defending. Haven hardly made an error in the second half.

• Like 3

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

49 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Whitehaven were excellent today but were given a far bit of help by Sheffield's defending. Haven hardly made an error in the second half.

They only made one in the first half. They weren't quite so good in the second.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Ragingbull said:

Well well well, half way through the year and the much maligned Bulls find themselves sitting only 2 points off second place and above the highly praised much fancied Blue Sox. Who would have thought it?

Well well well, half way through the year, the highly touted Bradford Rhinos find themselves languishing in 5th place, with a negative points difference, and no coach. With little hope of overtaking TO, who have a significant number of home games left, and out of the 1895 cup, it looks like this season will end up like all the last dozen or so... a disappointment to some with a BFD postcode.

Who would have thought it 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Griff said:

They only made one in the first half. They weren't quite so good in the second.

Maybe in the last 10-15 when they got tired, but even then they kept the Eagles out and even when they made errors Eagles had conceded penalties just before so they didnt count.

Either way, Haven were solid and Eagles were anything but.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

York Press gives an attendance figure of 2991 for the Bulldogs - Knights game.

It was free entry and on a nice day i would have expected over 3000.As a Fev supporter i nearly went as i thought it would be a much more competitive game than our home game v Barrow.But i made the right choice seeing a few things that pleased me in our game.

On 04/06/2023 at 22:15, tim2 said:

Maybe in the last 10-15 when they got tired, but even then they kept the Eagles out and even when they made errors Eagles had conceded penalties just before so they didnt count.

Either way, Haven were solid and Eagles were anything but.

Well, recollections may vary.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

On 05/06/2023 at 09:26, sentoffagain2 said:

It was free entry and on a nice day i would have expected over 3000.As a Fev supporter i nearly went as i thought it would be a much more competitive game than our home game v Barrow.But i made the right choice seeing a few things that pleased me in our game.

It was a great day, with a decent attendance and a good competitive game. I would have liked many more thousands there but not to be. Glad you also enjoyed your victory too. Everyone wins.

• Like 4