North Wales Crusaders - On the move again!

https://www.northwalescrusadersrlfc.co.uk/post/club-statement-1

North Wales Crusaders will be playing their next 3 home League 1 fixtures at

Chester RUFC, Hare Lane, Guilden Sutton, Chester CH3 7DB

Due to the incompetence of Eirias Park not ensuring work on the ground was completed in time and signed off for insurance purposes.

Many thanks are extended to Chester RUFC for accomodating us.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not officially announced yet, but we were told yesterday that our next two home games, against Cornwall and Doncaster, will be played at Rhyl RUFC.

This is our fifth home venue of the season and our recovery plans in the post central funding age are essentially in tatters. This is costing the club a lot of money.

As for what is happening at Colwyn Bay, there have been rumours that the wrong type of pitch surface has been laid, but we will have to wait until next month to find out if there is any truth in this. The union team, RGC, have a pre-season friendly against Sale on 12th August, so we will have to wait and see if this game goes ahead or not.

It does appear that the work has still not been signed off, and there is huge controversy over the way it has been paid for. The council have been accused of spending the money on the pitch without proper authorisation, and the matter has now been referred to the Auditor General for Wales.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/councillors-say-620k-spent-3g-27249315?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=NorthWalesLive%2Fmagazine%2FNorth+Wales+News

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

16 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

Not officially announced yet, but we were told yesterday that our next two home games, against Cornwall and Doncaster, will be played at Rhyl RUFC.

This is our fifth home venue of the season and our recovery plans in the post central funding age are essentially in tatters. This is costing the club a lot of money.

As for what is happening at Colwyn Bay, there have been rumours that the wrong type of pitch surface has been laid, but we will have to wait until next month to find out if there is any truth in this. The union team, RGC, have a pre-season friendly against Sale on 12th August, so we will have to wait and see if this game goes ahead or not.

It does appear that the work has still not been signed off, and there is huge controversy over the way it has been paid for. The council have been accused of spending the money on the pitch without proper authorisation, and the matter has now been referred to the Auditor General for Wales.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/councillors-say-620k-spent-3g-27249315?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=NorthWalesLive%2Fmagazine%2FNorth+Wales+News

Tough times for you at the moment.

Have you only had one league match and one cup match at Eirias so far this year?

14 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

Tough times for you at the moment.

Have you only had one league match and one cup match at Eirias so far this year?

Yes only the two games.

The guys running the club are like magicians. It really is a matter of survival at the moment, hoping for the stability we thought we were going to get this year.

Edited by fearnowt
  • Like 6

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

Just a word of caution, I only found out yesterday afternoon that the club are awaiting approval from the RFL to play the game in Rhyl, which is why there has been no official announcement yet.

6 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Just a word of caution, I only found out yesterday afternoon that the club are awaiting approval from the RFL to play the game in Rhyl, which is why there has been no official announcement yet.

On Google looks like just a club house and a field, no seating or terracing so may be below minimum L1 standards, hopefully something gets sorted. I plan on attending the Cornwall game, wherever it is played.

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

On Google looks like just a club house and a field, no seating or terracing so may be below minimum L1 standards, hopefully something gets sorted. I plan on attending the Cornwall game, wherever it is played.

They let us play Hunslet in the Cup at Caldy RUFC last season and that ground wasn't much better.

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Here? https://www.rhylfc.co.uk/clubinfo/ground

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

They let us play Hunslet in the Cup at Caldy RUFC last season and that ground wasn't much better.

Googled it and looks similar, although Caldy looks to have the luxury of raised banking down one side. I wonder if there is different stadium criteria between League and Cup, given a lot of CC games are going to be played at amateur grounds.

3 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Googled it and looks similar, although Caldy looks to have the luxury of raised banking down one side. I wonder if there is different stadium criteria between League and Cup, given a lot of CC games are going to be played at amateur grounds.

Yes, the SL/championship/L1 ground requirements don't apply for the cup - London Broncos will take advantage of this again this week when they play another cup match at Rosslyn Park.

Some type of check does happen for the cups though because Hunslet Amateurs weren't able to play at home against Dewsbury in the cup earlier this year.

• Thanks 1

On 18/07/2023 at 10:26, fearnowt said:

To be honest, I'd be happy staying at Chester.

• Like 1

NWC supporters deserve a medal for sticking with the club.

How can the club expect to develop a fan base when they cannot confirm where games will be played and the programme of home games becomes a roadshow. Folks will be put off buying season tickets given the uncertainties over where games will be played.

I know its not only NWC fans who face this. 

Its a shame because NWC tend to have ‘fought above their weight’ for many seasons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

NWC supporters deserve a medal for sticking with the club.

How can the club expect to develop a fan base when they cannot confirm where games will be played and the programme of home games becomes a roadshow. Folks will be put off buying season tickets given the uncertainties over where games will be played.

I know its not only NWC fans who face this. 

Its a shame because NWC tend to have ‘fought above their weight’ for many seasons.

To be fair to the Club, our current nomadic status is not of their doing. Its all down to the stadium at Eirias Park and Conwy County Council - who have treated the club very shabbily. There are those of us who will travel to see North Wales Crusaders play anywhere but your point is valid, it puts people off buying season tickets for sure. 

• Like 2

The club have tonight  issued the following statement confirming the venues of the next two home games:

The club can now confirm that the next two home games will be played on the road as Stadiwm CSM is unavailable.

On Sunday 30th July Rhyl RFC will play host to Cornwall RLFC kicking off at 2:30pm.

A bumper day of rugby league is expected as pre-game will see the kids festival in association with the North Wales Crusaders foundation and with many participants staying in the Colwyn Bay area it was essential to find a venue nearby.

On Sunday 6th August we will return to Chester RFC as we host Doncaster with a 2:30pm kick off.

We very much hope we will be able to return to Colwyn Bay for our last regular fixture against London Skolars on Sunday 26th August.

We were informed last week that the next two games frustratingly were not able to be played in Colwyn Bay.

While we appreciate that this is frustrating for all involved, we have tried everything possible to make these games go ahead.

The club needs everyone's support at this time. The financial and logistical issues that this has caused is taking its toll at present.

We have a meeting this week with Conwy Council to discuss what happens going forward.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I've not been able to go this year due to other factors, but we've had no flamin' luck since moving to CB.. can't the board have a word with a certain couple of actors with view to getting back to the racecourse (they seem big on community, after all...)

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

3 hours ago, FearNothing said:

I've not been able to go this year due to other factors, but we've had no flamin' luck since moving to CB.. can't the board have a word with a certain couple of actors with view to getting back to the racecourse (they seem big on community, after all...)

We have tried approaching Wrexham FC and they are not interested.

I personally wrote to the executive director of Wrexham FC two months ago, both by email and recorded delivery post. I followed the club for 42 years before I stopped going 12 years ago and I have left my legacy there in the form of the Guinness World Record for the oldest international football ground in the world, which is still registered in my name.

I sent a three page cover letter, which I think was pretty convincing in my argument for rugby league at the ground, also all the details about the world record, and copies of stories from the local press in Oldham about their return to Boundary Park. 17 pages in total.

I have not had the courtesy of a reply.

The board at North Wales Crusaders followed up my approaches but have also been ignored.

I have heard a few tales from lifelong Wrexham fans who think the football club don't give a toss about them and only care about money. If we had the kind of money that would raise their eyebrows just one millimetre, we'd be stupid not to spend it on building our own ground.

• Like 5

On 27/07/2023 at 08:34, coolie said:

It was a pleasure on Sunday to host the fan's and directors of NWC at Dewsbury Rams. 

Think they enjoyed the experience of the day... Except the result 

Thank you for coming to Flair Stadium👏👏👏👏

At least we won the singing!

On 22/06/2023 at 17:26, gogledd said:

https://www.northwalescrusadersrlfc.co.uk/post/club-statement-1

North Wales Crusaders will be playing their next 3 home League 1 fixtures at

Chester RUFC, Hare Lane, Guilden Sutton, Chester CH3 7DB

Due to the incompetence of Eirias Park not ensuring work on the ground was completed in time and signed off for insurance purposes.

Many thanks are extended to Chester RUFC for accomodating us.

should re brand as Chester Crusaders and play there perminatly.  

Chief Crazy Eagle