1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I’d expect in that situation the club in question would either be decline promotion or be blocked by the RFL letting Cas or Wakey off the hook

Huddersfield were saved from relegation in similar circumstances way back when 

I don't think any of those clubs are going to decline an extra 1.5m or whatever it is in their coffers. 

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Super League playing contracts are full time contracts. They may make an exception if a club really wants the cleaners ran through them for a season, but right now that is the reality of the situation.

How is full time defined?

Using Fev as an example, there are several players who don't have other employment, yet until recently they've not been training on a "full time" basis. Some are employed by the club foundation, undertaking work in the community. Meanwhile, there are several current SL players who run businesses on the side,especially things such as personal training.

Is it simply the number of hours per week they're contracted for? Something else?

• Like 3

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

13 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Using Fev as an example, there are several players who don't have other employment, yet until recently they've not been training on a "full time" basis. Some are employed by the club foundation, undertaking work in the community. Meanwhile, there are several current SL players who run businesses on the side,especially things such as personal training.

Is it simply the number of hours per week they're contracted for? Something else?

I’m not 100% sure but it’s probably insurance related

There are also salary cap implications- but I believe there are some mechanisms in place to mitigate that 

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

There are also salary cap implications- but I believe there are some mechanisms in place to mitigate that 

In which case Huddersfield and Wigan, to name just two, along with probably ever other club in SL have broken the “full time” contract rule as ignoring the foundation/ schools work etc they have players who have other jobs or businesses which is a pretty good definition of part time. A job away from RL & not with a sponsor etc has no impact on the salary cap.

The bye laws make no mention of “full time” whatever that may be so a hybrid or part time option is clearly available should Fev, Fax or anyone choose.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gazza77 said:

For Toulouse, it's contract related. Although the 4 Elite players have only just recently signed contracts as they are no longer students. All contracts are CDD, Contrat à Durée Determinée,    normally for 2 years, although I think OAB got a 4 year deal, even the staff are on CDD. The holy grail in France is having a CDI, Contrat à Durée Indéterminée. You can get a mortgage with that. The state pays something towards the young guys not on contracts but I think it's only as much as the minimum wage. Even TO don't train all the time, it's not good for them. Playing away games they only train the Tuesday and Thursday anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LeeF said:

In which case Huddersfield and Wigan, to name just two, along with probably ever other club in SL have broken the “full time” contract rule as ignoring the foundation/ schools work etc they have players who have other jobs or businesses which is a pretty good definition of part time. A job away from RL & not with a sponsor etc has no impact on the salary cap.

The bye laws make no mention of “full time” whatever that may be so a hybrid or part time option is clearly available should Fev, Fax or anyone choose.

Full Time / Part Time are just familiar terms. I believe the contracts the players sign are split between “Professional” & “Terms & Conditions”.  The amount of hours actually worked is a red herring in this regard

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Full Time / Part Time are just familiar terms. I believe the contracts the players sign are split between “Professional” & “Terms & Conditions”.  The amount of hours actually worked is a red herring in this regard

Yep, there are insurance provisions etc that apply to FT playing contracts but not PT and  I'm pretty sure there's also such as a minimum salary for a FT contract, which was I believe £15k pa a few years ago. Even with FT contracts players at a club could effectively be PT in terms of hours and have a second job outside the game allowing a hybrid system to operate in all but name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2