Six games left

spanishknight

3 hours ago, spanishknight said:

We have 6 games left, 2 at home and 4 away, think we should win 3 or even 4 of those games, we would have to win all 6 to stand a chance of getting in the play offs,I would rather we just finish the season well and move on to next year.

playoffs wellgone now , love to see levi and pauli play a few games now, and as said get ready for a good tilt at next year , will be very interesting this close season with arrivals and departures

16 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

playoffs wellgone now , love to see levi and pauli play a few games now, and as said get ready for a good tilt at next year , will be very interesting this close season with arrivals and departures

Levi did his ACL at Swinton in March, he won't play again this year. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

Levi did his ACL at Swinton in March, he won't play again this year. 

Understand why some supporters get fed up with the lack of information that comes out of the club,surely the knights could have told the supporters that Levi was out for the rest of the season a couple of months ago!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Puk said:

Understand why some supporters get fed up with the lack of information that comes out of the club,surely the knights could have told the supporters that Levi was out for the rest of the season a couple of months ago!

totally agree , The club say we don,t need to know everything , thats fair enough but an injury that took place over 5 months ago , come on , whats to hide

• Like 1

Can’t really muster much enthusiasm for the last few games. The season has been pretty dire, with a few exceptions. Bizarre how players like Ben Garcia can be ever present this season for Catalan, while some of our players have been absent for so long I’ve almost forgotten they are on our books. The communication re: injuries are a disgrace. We pay out our hard-earned, but are treated with distain.  The club needs to do so much better next year. 

Lost my way this year. My 6th decade of watching York RL through thick and thin, week in week out. 

Always went with my dad and, in recent years, with my other half. But my dad's been in hospital for a few months now and my love of the club, and to a degree rugby league, is slowly slipping away. 

Looking back, i can remember coming away from then LNER after our opener against Widnes and discussing with my dad how we were just a little bit away from being a competitive, entertaining team. And that's how it seems to have stayed all season long. Key players are always just a couple of weeks away. The club's off-pitch development is close to delivering real, concrete returns. The PR team always have exciting match themes and community link-ups that never materialise. And so it has gone on.

Can't see myself attending another match this season unfortunately. Yet, like a love affair that you just can't give up on, I sincerely hope something pulls me back next season as this has been such a big part of my life for too long to give up now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, JonT said:

Lost my way this year. My 6th decade of watching York RL through thick and thin, week in week out. 

Always went with my dad and, in recent years, with my other half. But my dad's been in hospital for a few months now and my love of the club, and to a degree rugby league, is slowly slipping away. 

Looking back, i can remember coming away from then LNER after our opener against Widnes and discussing with my dad how we were just a little bit away from being a competitive, entertaining team. And that's how it seems to have stayed all season long. Key players are always just a couple of weeks away. The club's off-pitch development is close to delivering real, concrete returns. The PR team always have exciting match themes and community link-ups that never materialise. And so it has gone on.

Can't see myself attending another match this season unfortunately. Yet, like a love affair that you just can't give up on, I sincerely hope something pulls me back next season as this has been such a big part of my life for too long to give up now.

It is sad you feel like that, I too have supported York through all its various guises since the early 70’s, home and away , my dad and I drove to  virtually every game including going down to London, he is long gone now but my other half comes now when she can. This season was always going to be a strange one, new coach, newish owner and a team at the start of the season on the treatment table,  we have been very unlucky re injuries for some reason but that is sport. We have had some very good performances on the pitch and I like Hendos brand of football when we have had the players in the right positions to put it into practice. As for keeping the fans updated, we were spoilt in the Flatman years, but in the club’s defence how many other clubs in RL or any other sport for that matter keep fans updated re injuries etc? in my experience they don’t. One thing that hasn’t changed is the approachability of the players, they are all willing to interact with the fans, be it a handshake ,a photo, autograph or whatever. I agree the club is changing and things are being done differently but lets give this new group a chance, next season is the one on which they should be judged, not this one.

• Like 11

can understand where some fans are coming from reguarding getting motivated for the last few games , in the last few seasons weve won the league, got promoted , been to wembley and made the playoffs , this season is the first for a while where were not going to get relegated or make the playoffs , as said above injuries have been horrendous hendo is adapting a new style of play with both loan players and what fit bodies he has that have to play out of position , so realistically i see this season as a success so will continue to support and hope for better fortune next season , up the kneets.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, JonT said:

I appreciate everyone has their own thing going on, but following this club for six decades and deciding that the 2023 version is the straw that broke the camel's back is absolutely wild to me. You followed the club through near bankruptcy at Clarence Street, actual bankruptcy of the Wasps, and the basket case of the latter Guildford years.

We've had a torrid run of injuries (that the club 100% need better comms) yet we've made a Challenge Cup quarter-final, a league cup semi-final, and we're closer to the Championship play offs than we are the drop zone after a disrupted pre-season.

We play in a brilliant new stadium and I agree that the club need to strike a better balance between their corporate and fanbase relationships, but a little perspective here is needed I think.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I appreciate everyone has their own thing going on, but following this club for six decades and deciding that the 2023 version is the straw that broke the camel's back is absolutely wild to me. You followed the club through near bankruptcy at Clarence Street, actual bankruptcy of the Wasps, and the basket case of the latter Guildford years.

We've had a torrid run of injuries (that the club 100% need better comms) yet we've made a Challenge Cup quarter-final, a league cup semi-final, and we're closer to the Championship play offs than we are the drop zone after a disrupted pre-season.

We play in a brilliant new stadium and I agree that the club need to strike a better balance between their corporate and fanbase relationships, but a little perspective here is needed I think.

Fair play, can't disagree with that 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Aye you're right Gav. I was there when we were getting 200 through the gate and almost having as many put past on the pitch.

But I can't help how I feel. And right now i don't feel in love with the game as much as i used to. And I appreciate that's not the club's doing. 

I probably just aint got used to having an empty seat next to me yet.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, JonT said:

Aye you're right Gav. I was there when we were getting 200 through the gate and almost having as many put past on the pitch.

But I can't help how I feel. And right now i don't feel in love with the game as much as i used to. And I appreciate that's not the club's doing. 

I probably just aint got used to having an empty seat next to me yet.

Hope you're ok mate. Much love to you!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Expatknight said:

It is sad you feel like that, I too have supported York through all its various guises since the early 70’s, home and away , my dad and I drove to  virtually every game including going down to London, he is long gone now but my other half comes now when she can. This season was always going to be a strange one, new coach, newish owner and a team at the start of the season on the treatment table,  we have been very unlucky re injuries for some reason but that is sport. We have had some very good performances on the pitch and I like Hendos brand of football when we have had the players in the right positions to put it into practice. As for keeping the fans updated, we were spoilt in the Flatman years, but in the club’s defence how many other clubs in RL or any other sport for that matter keep fans updated re injuries etc? in my experience they don’t. One thing that hasn’t changed is the approachability of the players, they are all willing to interact with the fans, be it a handshake ,a photo, autograph or whatever. I agree the club is changing and things are being done differently but lets give this new group a chance, next season is the one on which they should be judged, not this one.

Absolutely you're right that next year is the one that counts. I've always been an admirer of Hendo and his approach to how the game should be played so it'll be a whole new ball game when there are more of his choice in the squad. 

• Like 1

For me this season has been frustrating, but overall I've really enjoyed it. It's the first season where my son and wife have really got into it and we've only missed one game ( Whitehaven away) all season.

The injuries have been unprecedented and its been 1 step forward 2 back, but on a positive note its been great to see the younger players progress and they'll be a lot better for the experience. I also think the rugby we play now is more exciting and if we'd ever managed to get a full strength side out we would undoubtedly have been right up there.

I actually believe there are a lot of good things going on behind the scenes, the foundation, social media, marketing, merchandise, the rebrand etc and the interaction between players and fans is excellent. A highlight for me was Liam Harris grabbing my son to play his drum on the pitch after the game at keighley. He's was buzzing for weeks after that. They also always have time for photos and a chat after the game. My son also got to go to a training session and meet the players which was organised by Clint.

The only real downside in my opinion is the match day experience at home games. We really lack a proper fan zone and half time entertainment. It just feels very corporate and often lacks atmosphere. This is a lot to do with the layout of the stadium and I have sympathy with the club but after listening to Clint before the season started I expected a bit more.  In a strange way the older grounds tend to have better setups and more going on.

So overall, I feel pretty positive about where we are and think the club are moving forward on and off the pitch. Yes communication could improve but I'm sure they know this as well.

I always thought this season would be one of transition on and off the pitch and so it's proved, but I'll enjoy the last few games and will be very much looking forward to what could potentially be a very exciting and successful 2024.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

One win down, how many more from this team, wasn't expecting a win like that, well done everyone.

Well, that was a mad one!, don’t know what Hendo said at half time but whatever he said it worked, hope Hingano not bad but Jesse Dee stepped up AGAIN, what a find that guy has been. Looks like Pemberton  is very useful but took a late knock , hopefully nothing serious. Just think what might have been if we had started the season with a settled team and these guys, the future is looking better than ever. Still need to watch the game management but hey, it’s a win and a good win.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Expatknight said:

Well, that was a mad one!, don’t know what Hendo said at half time but whatever he said it worked, hope Hingano not bad but Jesse Dee stepped up AGAIN, what a find that guy has been. Looks like Pemberton  is very useful but took a late knock , hopefully nothing serious. Just think what might have been if we had started the season with a settled team and these guys, the future is looking better than ever. Still need to watch the game management but hey, it’s a win and a good win.

Certainly turned that around second half after sounding like a poor first half ,just a shame we picked up more injuries and with a short turnaround we might be struggling with numbers for Friday night.