Fri 25th Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Wakefield Trinity KO 19:45

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Wakefield Trinity

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/23 at 19:15

11 hours ago, north yorks trinity said:

Looks like I need to be better at managing my giddy expectations.

Only from Radio Manchester, but I think you got the "complete commitment". The "basic competence" I will leave for others who were there to comment. 20-0 sounds like a big win, but was it? One try came from a crazy short drop out (brain fart?) and another was right at the end of the game. Take those two away and it was a close run thing. Not a great game by the sounds of it but I'll take the win.

Personally, I'd like to see Trinity survive. You are actually trying to improve Belle Vue, which is more than a certain other West Yorkshire club are doing with their ground, so "Come on, Trinity!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

To be fair I'll take the commitment as the main (albeit minimum) requirement so happy if that was evident. If the ability or RL nous isn't there you can't really blame the individuals.  

I like your reasoning that it was quite a close game "if only", but that's becoming a tired argument for Trinity fans this year especially when another nilling is involved. 

Yes it would be a shame to go down just as we get the stadium sorted but don't want to engage in ######-for-tat by scoring points at Castleford's expense. The common factors as to how good a team's ground is are rarely willingness and effort and mostly money and circumstances. 

Edited by north yorks trinity
  • Like 2

Same old same old I’m afraid. A number of Trinity players are not performing but the coach appears unwilling to drop them, even though the team has played better when those playing were out injured. New signing’s & injuries meant the coach, albeit probably not by design, dropped on a more competitive line up which he has now stopped selecting. What with the ongoing saga of the on/off takeover & this garbage coach, it’s a frustrating way for our SL stay to end. 

• Like 1

Regarding the takeover it seems like our Chairman needs to satisfy himself that Matt Ellis is capable of running the club. Well all I can say to Mr Minards is that if Matt Ellis has followed developments this last six months or so, he will have certainly learnt how NOT to run a club.

10 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

Only from Radio Manchester, but I think you got the "complete commitment". The "basic competence" I will leave for others who were there to comment. 20-0 sounds like a big win, but was it? One try came from a crazy short drop out (brain fart?) and another was right at the end of the game. Take those two away and it was a close run thing. Not a great game by the sounds of it but I'll take the win.

Personally, I'd like to see Trinity survive. You are actually trying to improve Belle Vue, which is more than a certain other West Yorkshire club are doing with their ground, so "Come on, Trinity!"

Tony, the girls and myself were there and , whilst your deconstruction makes it seem close, in hindsight it wasn't so and on other occasions the score would have been greater.

First pleasing matter is that the game wasn't decided by (coughs) a "curious" refereeing decision. Hurrah!

Second the play-got so frantic in the second half it almost felt like a sevens game or nines if you prefer. 

And those pitch side LED ad screens might gather Scooby snack points with IMG, but they glare harshly on yer eyes. At one time, a brilliant incandescent white turned the players into shadows.

Sort of like an artsy Hebden Bridgesque physical theatre in silhouette. Yup.

The attendance was shocking. 4000 were missing, but be honest so was Wakefield sadly.

And yup, I too would rather Wakey stay up as at least that new stand shows some (albeit belated) desire to live in the 1990s at least. Unlike some others eh! Plus their supporters seem a fine bunch.

Now for us Reds, that win was essential.

The thrills, spills and belly aches carry on.

Next up. Back to yer Wigan. Fun n' games, erm.

As Curtis says "Move on Up!"

✋😉👍

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Tony, the girls and myself were there and , whilst your deconstruction makes it seem close, in hindsight it wasn't so and on other occasions the score would have been greater.

First pleasing matter is that the game wasn't decided by (coughs) a "curious" refereeing decision. Hurrah!

Second the play-got so frantic in the second half it almost felt like a sevens game or nines if you prefer. 

And those pitch side LED ad screens might gather Scooby snack points with IMG, but they glare harshly on yer eyes. At one time, a brilliant incandescent white turned the players into shadows.

Sort of like an artsy Hebden Bridgesque physical theatre in silhouette. Yup.

The attendance was shocking. 4000 were missing, but be honest so was Wakefield sadly.

And yup, I too would rather Wakey stay up as at least that new stand shows some (albeit belated) desire to live in the 1990s at least. Unlike some others eh! Plus their supporters seem a fine bunch.

Now for us Reds, that win was essential.

The thrills, spills and belly aches carry on.

Next up. Back to yer Wigan. Fun n' games, erm.

As Curtis says "Move on Up!"

✋😉👍

Wow! A Curtis Mayfield reference. You must be almost as old as me! 😉

I didn't make it clear in my post that I was relying on Jack Deardon's call on the game. I got the distinct impression that both teams were poor, hence the "game was close" view. I bow to your better knowledge of what actually happened.

Here's hoping for another W before the end of the season. 👍

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

You were one of the missing 4000 then? Albeit Tony you have a very good reason to be away.  The warmth of the sun or shivering next to the ship canal?

Ah so Jack Deardon. There was a sense of end of the summer , if not end of the season at times last night. Certainly Jack can add a end of the pier sense on occasion. 😆 Good man.

At least yer man can count, which seemingly the RFL can't. 

I am hoping for more than one win.  

Edited by idrewthehaggis