Land

lingaro

2 hours ago, lingaro said:

What happened to our development company RVL and the land change of use any updates? 

Any one know is we have applies for any of the 2 million from WMDC? 

I skimmed through the latest Local Plan stuff on the council's website a few weeks ago but couldn't see any mention of the land - it could be in there as I didn't search particularly hard.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I skimmed through the latest Local Plan stuff on the council's website a few weeks ago but couldn't see any mention of the land - it could be in there as I didn't search particularly hard.

Someone in the club on Sunday after the game said we had acquired the Milennium House building next to the level crossing. They heard it was for a rehabilitation centre.

15 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

They seem to be progressing with those 4 houses on the car park, there’s a planning document currently on the planning portal for WMDC. All seems to have gone quiet on the other land though.

Had a quick look at the Local Plan, and there doesn’t appear to be any changes proposed for the land, from currently being Green Belt.

4 hours ago, lingaro said:

Didn't we take a charge on the land or pay someone £2000000 (development company) to move things along quite a few years ago?  

Someone loaned the Club £200k (against some of the land, at a fantastic interest rate for him) and was then 'appointed' to the Board. One of his remits was to get the proposed reclassification of the land into the next Local Plan, but I'm not sure he's succeeded. Since then he has been paid back and is still listed as an active officer of the Club.

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

They seem to be progressing with those 4 houses on the car park, there’s a planning document currently on the planning portal for WMDC. All seems to have gone quiet on the other land though.

We also have a new charge against the car park land with Yorkshire Choice Homes SPV7 Limited taken out in June this year. 

12 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Someone loaned the Club £200k (against some of the land, at a fantastic interest rate for him) and was then 'appointed' to the Board. One of his remits was to get the proposed reclassification of the land into the next Local Plan, but I'm not sure he's succeeded. Since then he has been paid back and is still listed as an active officer of the Club.

We also have a new charge against the car park land with Yorkshire Choice Homes SPV7 Limited taken out in June this year. 

Not being familiar with loans over a tenner,does this mean that the club has benefitted.Or have they lost out?

On 31/08/2023 at 16:54, lingaro said:

What happened to our development company RVL and the land change of use any updates? 

Any one know is we have applies for any of the 2 million from WMDC? 

They’ve applied for some of the money from WMDC 

Im Fev and im proud

11 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Not being familiar with loans over a tenner,does this mean that the club has benefitted.Or have they lost out?

The money was desperately needed back when it was taken out in 2016 and although the interest rate was high (the loan would have been viewed as high risk) it allowed the Club to continue as a going concern. So definitely a benefit, albeit at a cost.

I assume the new charge is for the cost of building the houses. Not sure if the plan is to sell or rent them once built?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wasginger said:

Some interesting comments on last weeks interview with George Riley, regarding the possibility of having a new exit from the ground built.

Think it’s path is going to be where the old bowling club was and millennium house, there’s yellow signs on the lampposts on station lane although I haven’t read them 

• Like 1

Im Fev and im proud

Just com across this  Featherstone Rovers have been given a huge boost with Wakefield Council validating plans for their stadium redevelopment:

The Millenium Stadium, Post Office Road, Featherstone, WF7 5EN: Discharge of conditions (bat box detail, highway verge/footway crossing detail, construction method statement and remediation strategy.)”

This comes as Martin Vikcers recently spoke about the stadium requirements We’ve been supported really well by Wakefield Council with the Rugby League Resilience Fund and so two things that are in the offing between now and December will be having the stadium fully kind of looked after by solar, which in these difficult times is going to be a massive help at the back end of the year, floodlights.

“We’ve already got the best stadium in the district so this will make it out and I won’t just be one stand, it’ll be the whole of the stadium. In terms of wider developments, again facilitated by the Resilience Fund, we’ve been fortunate to acquire the Millennium Building which is the building just near the crossings opposite the railway and the land that goes right from the crossings right to the stadium.

We’re currently working with interested parties at the moment, developers who will look to try and bring in a new improved access into the stadium. There’s 21 acres of land here  that actually we already put to really good use but this will kind of make that even better.

“One of those particular developers we’re talking to is talking about having a new training centre for the team, 4G pitch, a new state-of-the-art facility as part of that. You’re probably talking about 12-18 months time 

22 hours ago, POR said:

Just com across this  Featherstone Rovers have been given a huge boost with Wakefield Council validating plans for their stadium redevelopment:

The Millenium Stadium, Post Office Road, Featherstone, WF7 5EN: Discharge of conditions (bat box detail, highway verge/footway crossing detail, construction method statement and remediation strategy.)”

This comes as Martin Vikcers recently spoke about the stadium requirements We’ve been supported really well by Wakefield Council with the Rugby League Resilience Fund and so two things that are in the offing between now and December will be having the stadium fully kind of looked after by solar, which in these difficult times is going to be a massive help at the back end of the year, floodlights.

“We’ve already got the best stadium in the district so this will make it out and I won’t just be one stand, it’ll be the whole of the stadium. In terms of wider developments, again facilitated by the Resilience Fund, we’ve been fortunate to acquire the Millennium Building which is the building just near the crossings opposite the railway and the land that goes right from the crossings right to the stadium.

We’re currently working with interested parties at the moment, developers who will look to try and bring in a new improved access into the stadium. There’s 21 acres of land here  that actually we already put to really good use but this will kind of make that even better.

“One of those particular developers we’re talking to is talking about having a new training centre for the team, 4G pitch, a new state-of-the-art facility as part of that. You’re probably talking about 12-18 months time 

Great news but hopefully a new car park the present one is a disgrace.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

I don't know for sure, but I believe that the awful state of the car park has something to do with the fact that it will have to be dug up for new electric cabling for the new floodlights and other electrical improvements. That being the case, maybe it has been deemed a waste of money to relay the car park until the work has been done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

I think with building the houses on the edge of the car park it will probably get some heavy use with building materials and plant.I said last year it badly needed doing someone could do their ankle in those potholes and claim against the club.If the house building was on the agenda i can see why they have left it.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2023 at 09:24, lingaro said:

i’ve seen some info on the planning about this.

Not sure where as there's nothing on the WMDC planning portal.

On 04/09/2023 at 16:32, POR said:

That application has been withdrawn (and is in relation to the houses)

• 4 months later...
57 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

image.png.00232d65bdffe38369377d52e3e93488.png

Intriguing   improving the rugby league stadium with new stands where exactly  and an all singing and dancing all  weather pitch so is that  goodbye to our world famous slope

16 hours ago, POR said:

Intriguing   improving the rugby league stadium with new stands where exactly  and an all singing and dancing all  weather pitch so is that  goodbye to our world famous slope

I think it's a wish rather than something happening any time soon

45 minutes ago, jon said:

That's that then....

PS it's page 2078

Screenshot_2024-01-27-13-14-53-797.jpg

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep