Sun 10th Sept: SL: Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves KO 12:45 (Channel 4)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/23 at 12:15

Had there been a better camera angle I have a feeling that try might have been allowed, didn't look like he had hold of his ankle and he slipped out of the tackle.

Tough call I think.

• Like 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Thunderstorms forecast in Salford, possibly during the match. I'm sweltering enviously in London.

You're just a storm chaser aren't you?

Big error early in the Wire tackle count there, Salford were rocking.

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Had there been a better camera angle I have a feeling that try might have been allowed, didn't look like he had hold of his ankle and he slipped out of the tackle.

Tough call I think.

I do worry about video ref at every game. We have a relatively low number of cameras at the live games, and those don’t seem to give a particularly good quality close up view.  Not seen any stats, but I imagine the % of decisions actually overturned is very low.

• Like 2

Just now, phiggins said:

I do worry about video ref at every game. We have a relatively low number of cameras at the live games, and those don’t seem to give a particularly good quality close up view.  Not seen any stats, but I imagine the % of decisions actually overturned is very low.

I’ve said before that I think the VR cameras are lower quality now than a few years ago. You can see it more when a game is under lights.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Might be a bit more airborne balls going Burgess's way this afty.

10 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Tough call I think.

It looked (to me) like there was contact with his trailing leg, but not a solid grip. So you could argue the ref's case on a technicality. The tackler certainly wasn't holding him back by that point, as the touchdown proved.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another tough call for Salford with an alleged ball steal then a Wire try crossed out for a marginal knock on/forward pass call, wouldn't mind seeing that again.

Great try for Helliwell, I think the game needed that for the neutral.

Pretty ordinary Wire defence.

• Like 1

What was that he just said about Sneyd?

The rucks nowadays are a bit of a mess. I understand not wanting to blow up every 2 minutes, but we have messed up the tackle area with the clear instruction to not bother penalising tacklers. 

There is absolute clear interference where all the advantage is with the defence. I think this is an area the game needs to be careful with. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

The rucks nowadays are a bit of a mess. I understand not wanting to blow up every 2 minutes, but we have messed up the tackle area with the clear instruction to not bother penalising tacklers. 

There is absolute clear interference where all the advantage is with the defence. I think this is an area the game needs to be careful with. 

Yep, and the whole game becomes a mess on the back of it.

• Like 3

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Justice there, clear forrerd pass in the build up.

5 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's awful, the game almost has to stop and restart every tackle with the wrestling and gamesmanship, not to mention the arm flapping and appealing.

Just get up and get on with the game FFS.

Salford forward pass goes unpunished so calls fairly even.

Wire error sees Reds hit the front.

Ratchford the culprit, his concentration sometimes needs attention.

Even though Salford are 12-6 to the good, I think Wire will prevail by a score or two.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Salford forward pass goes unpunished so calls fairly even.

Wire error sees Reds hit the front.

Ratchford the culprit, his concentration sometimes needs attention.

Worst attempt ever at the old Lee Jackson up the jumper trick.

• Haha 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just now, meast said:

It's awful, the game almost has to stop and restart every tackle with the wrestling and gamesmanship, not to mention the arm flapping and appealing.

Just get up and get on with the game FFS.

I think it's clear that it's frustrating the players. We are giving too much leeway, and the 6 again is hardly sufficient punishment on a first tackle so there is a clear incentive for tacklers to interfere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Jeez Ratch, he dropped that before the contact

As I intimated, he sometimes has that in him. Shame as he's a great player otherwise.