Wakefield Trinity winger Tom Lineham set for new club following Super League relegation

Total Rugby League

12 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

No thanks, we're building a team of younger players and we're ok for three quarters.

He's only 31. If he's not up to it he won't get a look in.

Started his career here and if he plays how he can I'd be delighted to have him back, I imagine he's a great character to have around a club as well.

If we're getting lads who started their rugby at York back, I'd like to see Alex Foster sign. I'd say Greg Minikin as well but he's Fordy's love child so chances are he'll end up at Fev.

Get Gareth Ellis along to run the Excel stuff while we're at it.

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

2 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

He's only 31. If he's not up to it he won't get a look in.

Started his career here and if he plays how he can I'd be delighted to have him back, I imagine he's a great character to have around a club as well.

If we're getting lads who started their rugby at York back, I'd like to see Alex Foster sign. I'd say Greg Minikin as well but he's Fordy's love child so chances are he'll end up at Fev.

Get Gareth Ellis along to run the Excel stuff while we're at it.

Minikin is already at Fev for next season 

What’s happened to Butterworth? I know he’s been on loan at Doncaster. Anyone know how he’s got on?  Raw and seemed to be injury prone, but fantastic potential.  I’d rather look to the future rather than a bloke whose best days are behind him (but who was excellent in his prime). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

What’s happened to Butterworth? I know he’s been on loan at Doncaster. Anyone know how he’s got on?  Raw and seemed to be injury prone, but fantastic potential.  I’d rather look to the future rather than a bloke whose best days are behind him (but who was excellent in his prime). 

Its all a big con with the army, send personnel out as athletes. Butterworth had no intention of playing, apparently every time he got over an injury he invented another one, that's why hes played what? 4 games in 2 years.

7 minutes ago, only 2 weeks away said:

Its all a big con with the army, send personnel out as athletes. Butterworth had no intention of playing, apparently every time he got over an injury he invented another one, that's why hes played what? 4 games in 2 years.

Better than being shot at I suppose.

• Haha 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

7 hours ago, spanishknight said:

No thanks, we're building a team of younger players and we're ok for three quarters.

7 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Three quarters? How about forwards? Hendo may have another shrewd plan up his sleeve! He wouldn't be the first winger to end up in the pack and shine. Start by thinking Arnie Morgan, Mick Morgan and even one playing for Barrow yesterday, Greg Worthington. All handy players.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2023 at 19:29, Clarence Street said:

Three quarters? How about forwards? Hendo may have another shrewd plan up his sleeve! He wouldn't be the first winger to end up in the pack and shine. Start by thinking Arnie Morgan, Mick Morgan and even one playing for Barrow yesterday, Greg Worthington. All handy players.

And our very only legend, Geoff Pryce, started off as a winger before becoming a second rower 

Edited by Shadow45
  • Like 4

Not someone I'd have gone out of my way to get, but I've heard Bass isn't staying so as a replacement for him, he covers a lot of positions, I can see why Hendo would bring him in. It's all about versatility and options and Lineham fits the bill. He's experienced, can cover a few positions and at championship level has a good few years left in him.

• Like 1