NRL Grand Final Thread

Seen it on tape today after the Jags-Falcons, certainly a classic stoush, Penrith should have put the Broncos away in the first half, then Broncos failed to kill the game off before the l;ast 20 minutes. The Panthers won due to superior nous when it comes to finals footy. A RL materpiece befitting a grand final.

• Like 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

On 02/10/2023 at 02:20, Anita Bath said:

There would have been no opportunity for the late fightback if Reynolds hadnt presented Panthers with 8 first half points from those damned short drops.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more focus on him tbh . There’s no way at 24-8 after three quarters that Brisbane should be losing that game . Reynolds is there to manage it and get them home . Yes he tried clever short drop outs which yes can be a good play but really are way overused now . But in that last quarter as Cleary rose to the challenge Reynolds came up with some errors which were costly and had no real grip on the team . 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DavidM said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more focus on him tbh . There’s no way at 24-8 after three quarters that Brisbane should be losing that game . Reynolds is there to manage it and get them home . Yes he tried clever short drop outs which yes can be a good play but really are way overused now . But in that last quarter as Cleary rose to the challenge Reynolds came up with some errors which were costly and had no real grip on the team . 

Farnworth cost the Broncos 6 of those first half points, when he should have just caught the short drop out. 

However, when it came to the crux, Cleary stood up and Reynolds went missing. As much as i dislike Cleary, he showed his quality, after being cut open defensively. Reynolds should have seen out the game, but the blame should be shouldered on other Broncos players too - they seemed to stop playing and let the Panthers back in the game.