London (Merged Threads)

Just now, Rovers13 said:

I don’t see what I have to explain I’ve said I want Toulouse Sheffield london Cornwall and north wales in SL I want what IMG want I don’t see the problem here at all. 

IMG haven't said they want any of those clubs in the SL. They highlighted London as a growth area. IMG also don't want big established SL clubs to drop back to Champ hence why some will getting an A licence.

Just now, The Blues Ox said:

Can you point out where we can read about this as I believe you are talking about something that does not exist.

Super League playing contracts are full time contracts. I told you this when you were arguing the point a few months ago. This is from a former CEO of a Super League club. 

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

Super League playing contracts are full time contracts. I told you this when you were arguing the point a few months ago. This is from a former CEO of a Super League club. 

That was as irrelevant then as it is now though. Its not like each contract is identical.

17 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Can you point out where we can read about this as I believe you are talking about something that does not exist.

The only answer we've ever had to that question is some anecdote from Gav - but as has being pointed out several times it's all semantics as FT in relation to RFL approved contracts doesn't mean working as a RL player for 40hrs/wk but to certain contract clauses and obligations (eg health/accident insurance).

We've had the polar opposite at Fev with several players in recent years ie they only worked as RL players but were on PT contracts.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

Just now, The Blues Ox said:

That was as irrelevant then as it is now though. Its not like each contract is identical.

Most SL contracts are of similar RFL approved templates with various options for RFL approved clauses. 

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

Pretty easy work round even if that were the case.

Aslong as the contract is FT it’s fine, it’s upto the club and player to agree hours and outside work commitments on days off etc l, they also need to meet minimum wage requirements. 

1 minute ago, Rovers13 said:

I’m sure fev have said in past (not this season) they would go up with an hybrid squad. 

Can’t do it, possibly one of the reasons they keep failing at the last hurdle. Of you know what I mean.

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

And if that’s the case why are posters on here saying we’re in financial ruin lol( I know we’re not btw lol) 

Featherstone won’t be in financial ruin as they own the ground etc but i think they will run with a much smaller squad next year, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them add 3/4 players around June/July as london did this year.

Edited by binosh

Just now, binosh said:

Featherstone won’t be in financial ruin but I think they will run as they own the ground etc but i think they will run with a much smaller squad next year, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them add 3/4 players around June/July as london did this year.

We are we’ve said we’re cutting back on the field to accommodate IMG. We will still be a top 4 champ club but no emphasis on footy on the pitch now so don’t blame them tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

We are we’ve said we’re cutting back on the field to accommodate IMG. We will still be a top 4 champ club but no emphasis on footy on the pitch now so don’t blame them tbh. 

IMG plans working beautifully already. Clubs wasting less money on wages and spending more on improving the club. You love to see it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

IMG plans working beautifully already. Clubs wasting less money on wages and spending more on improving the club. You love to see it!

Newcastle Thunder filled the template.Did them the world of good.

The product,' Super League ' is of a lower standard with the 30 yrs old + players doing the rounds of clubs.

Yet now the players are the least important...

Gonna be great in the future...

• Like 1

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.