Toulouse or London

6 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

While I agree with you on upping their game, SL clubs voted for this system to stay on the gravy train, thinking sky money would keep them infront of the chasing pack not because they ever thought they were in danger of losing their place, If they thought that they wouldn’t of voted it in. 

Well unfortunately that's tough then isn't it, if stronger teams replace them it will be a good thing

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Well unfortunately that's tough then isn't it, if stronger teams replace them it will be a good thing

This is my point though stronger teams won’t replace them because they haven’t the money to catch them up. Potential teams will replace them not stronger ones. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

While I agree with you on upping their game, SL clubs voted for this system to stay on the gravy train, thinking sky money would keep them infront of the chasing pack not because they ever thought they were in danger of losing their place, If they thought that they wouldn’t of voted it in. 

I think P&R suited as many clubs as this new system. The clubs that were most vulnerable under P&R are the clubs that are all vulnerable under this system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

But this is based on what? Have y read the grading system?

Of course and if they stick to it which I doubt they will then the 12 clubs next season will always be the 12 clubs. Because they’re the strongest and clubs outside top flight haven’t the cash to change it especially when the 12 get sky money too. 

14 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If a multimillionaire decided to invest in say Rochdale or Oldham, developed an academy pathway for their area, invested in the playing squad, marketed their brand to the locals etc, performed well on the field in a good facility then they'd be in. It's not closed. It just needs investment.

Good post, but very surprised that @Tommygilf liked it.

Nothing here any different from what Mr Beaumont is doing at Leigh  with exception for the 'Academy Pathway' but that is not down to him or his club, Mr Rimmer decided that Wigan, Saints and Warrington like shopping in Leigh and so he refused Leigh's application.

But I have heard that there are things going on to reverse Mr Rimmers rulings, and quite rightly so.

13 hours ago, Rovers13 said:

That’s all well and good saying that. But where will this investment come from barring a multimillionaire? And if I was a one I wouldn’t invest in a rugby club out of the top flight as I would have no guarantees my money would get the end goal. 

Not with IMG's system it won't, P&R would provide the pathway.

13 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Exactly, its moving towards a stage where you actually have to be able to afford to be a super league club, not just be able to afford to get to Super League (two very different things).

Havn't we discussed Mr Beaumont's method, he is not a multimillionaire but his system is working - for the time being.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good post, but very surprised that @Tommygilf liked it.

Nothing here any different from what Mr Beaumont is doing at Leigh  with exception for the 'Academy Pathway' but that is not down to him or his club, Mr Rimmer decided that Wigan, Saints and Warrington like shopping in Leigh and so he refused Leigh's application.

But I have heard that there are things going on to reverse Mr Rimmers rulings, and quite rightly so.

I'm surprised you have said its a good post because it seems to totally contradict what your thoughts are on IMG's system.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

They were put in there on a different basis from every other team in the first place, it was only right that after being invited to join SL that they were given a chance to grow rather than punting them out in their first season as a Club and in a totally different league in a different country.

Its called strategy and planning and for once the game stuck with it and it's paid off. 

Firstly were they invited or did they approach the RFL? 

But I will never ever agree where ever a team comes from or who they are if they are playing in the same league system they play by the same rules re P&R, before IMG came in, there were those on this site saying that 16.6 % of SL i.e. the two French clubs should be in SL and excempt from relegation, a few years ago when Leeds were in bother at the wrong end if the table sone were suggesting if they finish in a relegation position the rule should be changed for them, what a load of bolux in both accounts.

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Firstly were they invited or did they approach the RFL? 

But I will never ever agree where ever a team comes from or who they are if they are playing in the same league system they play by the same rules re P&R, before IMG came in, there were those on this site saying that 16.6 % of SL i.e. the two French clubs should be in SL and excempt from relegation, a few years ago when Leeds were in bother at the wrong end if the table sone were suggesting if they finish in a relegation position the rule should be changed for them, what a load of bolux in both accounts.

Invited or approached the RFL put them in without promotion.

58 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Im thinking more long term than just what games they pick during a season Harry.

Did the jeopardy games get big viewing figures (in reality that was only one though wasn't there)

Yes this past season there was really only one jeapordy game, but not to long ago with 4 clubs any of which could have been relegated there was quite a lot of interest from Sky, and even on these pages there were those who bemoaned that the bottom of the division was getting more comments than the race to Old Trafford was.

Jeopardy will be missed and the reality of on the field of play, never mind we can discuss IMG's spreadsheet points system and the meaningless fixtures that will no doubt come about.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

And so what? if those teams replacing them are in a better place than them to thrive in SL isn't that a good thing?

Again, the big shout on these pages last year was, What will Leigh bring to SL, well we now all know, we cannot say who is going to be good or bad or how teams will fare.

I am lost Chris, what is long term as far as broadcasting games are concerned, we want the games of interest don't we being those at different ends of the table.

Long term is the full broadcasting deal not just what games they put on during the year, that would change whatever system you have in place

Again, the big shout on these pages last year was, What will Leigh bring to SL, well we now all know, we cannot say who is going to be good or bad or how teams will fare.

Of course you can never guarantee anything, Leigh might be routed to the bottom next year, who knows

• Like 1

Right now there is no point for any sport apart from Football, looking more than 5 years ahead.  In the UK there is a lot less money around and all sports are suffering with one exception (again looking at UK only).

I really think more clubs will go bust next 2-3 years regardless of what IMG do

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Not really you just unsurprisingly talked about Mr Beaumont and Leigh.

Tbf to Harry though lots of fans do it about their clubs and this is where the problem lies imo. It’s not about one club it’s about all clubs and until RFL or IMG get that fact then we will just be having this debate over and over again about what’s best for my club not the game.