Seems quiet on the signings front.

RawlinsonRaider

5 hours ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Unless it's quality then not point just putting bums in in a shirt

Halfback, unless it's a big catch from Super League all season loan (Salford/Leigh) or Penrith Res team club then it was pointless letting Archer go

Is Wells tied down for 1 more year & wouldn't it be good to somehow get Anton back 🤔 if he gets the ok from the wife 🤔 

Plenty of good half backs in the championship who have proved themselves over the years, personally I would rather have a proven championship player then a young lad on loan who you don’t know what your gonna get. Jack wells is no longer a Raiders player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rod77 said:

Plenty of good half backs in the championship who have proved themselves over the years, personally I would rather have a proven championship player then a young lad on loan who you don’t know what your gonna get. Jack wells is no longer a Raiders player.

Where has the news on Jack Wells been posted ?

9 hours ago, Pablo Escobar said:

Unless it's quality then not point just putting bums in in a shirt

Halfback, unless it's a big catch from Super League all season loan (Salford/Leigh) or Penrith Res team club then it was pointless letting Archer go

Is Wells tied down for 1 more year & wouldn't it be good to somehow get Anton back 🤔 if he gets the ok from the wife 🤔 

I think it was more Archer wanting to leave to get more game time than the club letting him go. 
Wells came in on a 1 year deal, would be good to keep but would imagine he’d get interest from other clubs. 
Can’t see Iaria’s Mrs wanting him to return to Barrow somehow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rod77 said:

It hasn’t I’m just telling you 

If it is true I'm not that bothered his injury record is poor and when he came back to us last year he looked like he'd lost shape/muscle mass and wasn't the same player we had on loan from Salford the year before. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RLDB said:

I think it was more Archer wanting to leave to get more game time than the club letting him go. 
Wells came in on a 1 year deal, would be good to keep but would imagine he’d get interest from other clubs. 
Can’t see Iaria’s Mrs wanting him to return to Barrow somehow!

Archer was badjered all season from local lads to try his hand at Whitehaven or Workington 

Knowing he wasn't getting into the Barrow team he didn't hesitate when offered after the season ended

He would have been ideal alongside Jonno imo

Broady proved that when given a good chance, Rio is the same as Archer just not given time on the field especially after a really bad buy in Greg Worthington the centre not Prop

Maybe we have an olive branch to anyone at Millom, B Island or the Furness academy team

I see young Anderson Moore is a possible target

• Like 1

Barrow can only pay players what they can offered, looks like the away players are getting  deals nearer home,a lot of furness area players up the coast who Barrow should be signing,make the squad local if they don't have the budget to sign players from away. Not throwing academy an local amuture lads in at the deep end at championship level.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Town utd said:

a lot of furness area players up the coast who Barrow should be signing

Who is there up there at the minute? Can only think of the lads who’ve left recently, Blain Marwood and Perry who for one reason or other it didn’t work out for at Barrow. 

I get your point but Cresta won’t sign players who he doesn’t think are up to the standard and he can’t promise the young lads game time every week if everyone is fit. It’s a tough call. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Town utd said:

O'brien Carter, singleton, haven,marwood, Stephenson town would be great in any squad. 

They'd all fill shirts in a squad but if they were all starting week in week out the side would be destined for bottom 2.

Last season we had Carter, Dawson and Hopkins all leave mid season due to lack of game time. It appears Corkill and Archer have left due to knowing they likely won't start and will be waiting for injuries. I'm guessing the club has realised managing a 28 man squad is difficult.

When the club had an injury crisis last year we signed Wilkinson and Jackson from amateur game to cover the spots. Wilkinson outperformed Dawson/Corkill/Hopkins and I didn't think Carter and Archer played much better than Jackson did. 

The question is going to be are any of the Furness raiders players going to be good enough to fill in? I'm unsure how good the standard of their league is so I can't comment. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RSN said:

They'd all fill shirts in a squad but if they were all starting week in week out the side would be destined for bottom 2.

Last season we had Carter, Dawson and Hopkins all leave mid season due to lack of game time. It appears Corkill and Archer have left due to knowing they likely won't start and will be waiting for injuries. I'm guessing the club has realised managing a 28 man squad is difficult.

When the club had an injury crisis last year we signed Wilkinson and Jackson from amateur game to cover the spots. Wilkinson outperformed Dawson/Corkill/Hopkins and I didn't think Carter and Archer played much better than Jackson did. 

The question is going to be are any of the Furness raiders players going to be good enough to fill in? I'm unsure how good the standard of their league is so I can't comment. 

I agree, you can’t expect a young lad from Furness Raiders to step up to the championship it isn’t like the lads are playing week in week out at a super league academy playing the best people there age in the country or even in the super league reserves. It takes young lads from the Furness Raiders time to develop into championship players look at emslie and johnstone it took them time to learn the trade and now look at them thriving. 

• Like 2