Heavy woollen - Match Thread

Not a bad hit out yesterday, despite the awful conditions. More an opposed training session, under regulated/reffed game conditions, than a competitive fixture. A few injuries were picked-up I believe, but hopefully nothing too serious. Great to see a good crowd to celebrate Manu in his testimonial - if the weather had been better there would have been more. So a win/win for all I think. Also good to see JC running out against us!

Carl Gibson's lad, I believe he has been under the eye before. Thought one of their 2nd rowers was handy, Joe Mitchell.

Did a stint with Hunslet. Prefers playing with his mates I reckon 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Not every players wants to play at a semi professional club as you say they prefer to play with mates.

On 22/01/2024 at 13:53, dgt said:

We ought to approach there no 7 he looked dangerous and lively 

I'm pleased that you noticed his ability. I suggested him on Nov 10th as a possible replacement for James Meadows on his departure.

On 22/01/2024 at 13:53, dgt said:

We ought to approach there no 7 he looked dangerous and lively 

I'm pleased you noticed his ability. I suggested on Nov10th that he may be a suitable replacement on James Meadow's departure.

2 hours ago, IanA said:

I'm pleased you noticed his ability. I suggested on Nov10th that he may be a suitable replacement on James Meadow's departure.

At 32 no chance we sign him, I actually thought woods looked decent with his kicking game a few 40/20s and his short kicking game was decent 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

At 32 no chance we sign him, I actually thought woods looked decent with his kicking game a few 40/20s and his short kicking game was decent 

I agree, Woods looked more confident.

22 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Let's hope he can replicate it when season starts.