Bradford (H)

11 minutes ago, RugbyPowelly said:

Which are? 

Apologies I miss read your question. You were asking me to name the five which I thought were capable of playing at this level. If you don’t mind I would rather not on an open forum. I just don’t think it’s the right thing to do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ramification said:

You've given a much more positive review than I would there. I thought we were shocking from start to finish. If we play like that every week then we won't win a game all season. I could not be more disappointed in that performance.

The first offence gets the penalty, not the most serious.

So if the first offence is a ball steal and the player retaliates by punching you penalise the punch. 

43 minutes ago, RugbyPowelly said:

All of them from the half backs to the props. As I said, be good to ‘experiment’. My point was let’s keep an open approach.

With a young squad like ours and lots of prospects it would be good to try some. Nothing to lose after performances we’re getting so far.

Not sure there's many options to experiment with short of Ferguson putting his boots on again. 

• Haha 1

Couldn't go yesterday because off illness but enjoying the reviews on here.   I reckon we all knew before a ball was kicked that we were 5 or 6 players short of being able to compete in the Championship.  We did well to retain the bulk of the squad if you ask me, but had we the brass we all know we'd have been trying to beef up the pack and bring in a number 6 to replace Paul, but we haven't the brass and we didn't.   And frankly it doesn't matter as we all know.   With the b******s that is IMG coming we were doomed from the start.   Unless we sell our great little ground for housing and hire a footy pitch that has electronic advertising around the ground perimeter then we were gunna struggle to stay up.   Up to 5 IMG points available for where you finish on the field and 3 for having a better ground.   Why bother winning games when you can get promotion by renting a footy pitch (or better still getting your Council to help put you in one..LOL).  Doncaster have 3 IMG points on us before the season starts😁🤣😛

• Like 1

Not much to say about the performance. We were never going to get near them and didn’t disappoint in that. Whiteley’s try came from a good break by Graham and the winger nearly scored again in the second half, but was taken into touch. Perhaps the pass to him was a little late, the defence having time to get across.

Generally we were poor on defence, both wings left open at times. The passing was slow and rarely accurate, either too high, or towards the ground. The forwards lack beef and don’t seem to want to charge at an opponent, instead  leaving that to a winger, or passing the ball to another player, who was easily tackled. Much work to do.

I am not convinced that Taufua got the ball down for his try, but perhaps the highlights might reveal.

• Like 2
Legs, Dews, Legs.

17 hours ago, STEVE P said:

Certainly Bradford took their foot off the pedal in the second half, but Dewsbury only came to life after the big punch up. Although still outplayed in all departments, in themselves they looked a different side. For the first time all afternoon they looked interested in being involved in a match after earlier on looking like a beaten side even as they walked onto the pitch.

Lack of motivation was a key factor in today's performance. If we don't care about the Challenge Cup as much as we obviously don't care about the 1895 Cup can somebody please let us know before next week and save us all wasting our twenty quid again 

It is being broadcast on the Sportsman channel, hence the 2.00pm kick off, if you are desperate to save some cash.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Couldn't go yesterday because off illness but enjoying the reviews on here.   I reckon we all knew before a ball was kicked that we were 5 or 6 players short of being able to compete in the Championship.  We did well to retain the bulk of the squad if you ask me, but had we the brass we all know we'd have been trying to beef up the pack and bring in a number 6 to replace Paul, but we haven't the brass and we didn't.   And frankly it doesn't matter as we all know.   With the b******s that is IMG coming we were doomed from the start.   Unless we sell our great little ground for housing and hire a footy pitch that has electronic advertising around the ground perimeter then we were gunna struggle to stay up.   Up to 5 IMG points available for where you finish on the field and 3 for having a better ground.   Why bother winning games when you can get promotion by renting a footy pitch (or better still getting your Council to help put you in one..LOL).  Doncaster have 3 IMG points on us before the season starts😁🤣😛

Don't worry Nick, we don't own the ground so can't sell it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

26 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Not much to say about the performance. We were never going to get near them and didn’t disappoint in that. Whiteley’s try came from a good break by Graham and the winger nearly scored again in the second half, but was taken into touch. Perhaps the pass to him was a little late, the defence having time to get across.

Generally we were poor on defence, both wings left open at times. The passing was slow and rarely accurate, either too high, or towards the ground. The forwards lack beef and don’t seem to want to charge at an opponent, instead  leaving that to a winger, or passing the ball to another player, who was easily tackled. Much work to do.

I am not convinced that Taufua got the ball down for his try, but perhaps the highlights might reveal.

We have "middles" who think they are stand offs.

• Haha 1

Ronan Dixon (Dewsbury Rams) – Grade C Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice, for the tackle on Blackmore, nothing for flanagan for the incident in which he was sin-binned.

Dixon will be banned for the Sheffield match ( should we win on sunday) or the Halifax match

• Sad 1

On 05/02/2024 at 15:09, Blind side johnny said:

Don't worry Nick, we don't own the ground so can't sell it.

Who owns the ground BSJ?

Is it not MS and the other Directors?

Edited by Rambo
rambo.gif

35 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Who owns the ground BSJ?

Carlsberg / tetley I believe....

Can't believe they'd be against selling to property developers if the need arose but only BSJ will know...

Edited by NickD

14 hours ago, Rambo said:

Who owns the ground BSJ?

I believe that we have a very long lease but Kirklees retain the actual ownership.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, NickD said:

Carlsberg / tetley I believe....

Can't believe they'd be against selling to property developers if the need arose but only BSJ will know...

I believe that, as the site of the old Shaw Cross pit-head, the site couldn't be used for housing. I also seem to recall that there was a sporting covenant placed upon the site when it was originally built, but covenants aren't that difficult to get around. (See Odsal for one example.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I believe that, as the site of the old Shaw Cross pit-head, the site couldn't be used for housing. I also seem to recall that there was a sporting covenant placed upon the site when it was originally built, but covenants aren't that difficult to get around. (See Odsal for one example.)

Ta.  Guess that that doesn’t really alter my point mind.  In these high energy cost,  IMG days clubs who are renting footy grounds might the fortunate ones 😦

2 hours ago, NickD said:

Ta.  Guess that that doesn’t really alter my point mind.  In these high energy cost,  IMG days clubs who are renting footy grounds might the fortunate ones 😦

They certainly benefitted during the Covid lockdown. Having your own ground isn't always the panacea it is made out to be.

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

And Batley when they decide to sell to the relentless tide of Mount Pleasant 🤔