1895 Cup Connotations for Quarter Finals

2 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

This is very weird, but it sounds like two clubs are rumoured to be taken over by the same bloke! 😅

Obviously that won't happen so I guess we'll find out who soon enough... 

There's nothing new to report at Bradford, from what i were told this guy has been involved for a while but has no interest in been in the spotlight, just a fan who came in to a lot of cash.

6 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Defo the Bulls.

We couldn't afford to bid for the Odsal lease and then day before we put an expression of interest in. That money is coming from somewhere. I have heard a name who has plenty of funds.

I personally think it was a token gesture tbh. We'd have been ridiculed by our fans if we didn't show any interest.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

On 21/02/2024 at 15:38, Ovenden Grunt said:

Unfortunately, even if they did it would count for nowt. 🙄

Why would you say that when they play at what would be one of the best stadiums in SL and would have good crowds too? 

26 minutes ago, bigred said:

Why would you say that when they play at what would be one of the best stadiums in SL and would have good crowds too? 

I assume it is because Oldham's current IMG grade is 7.39, putting them in 25th place out of 35 clubs.

Even with playing at Boundary Park and having a few successful years in the Championship, without the advantages built into the system that are gained from being in Super League, it will be one helluva task to gain an A grade or make it into the top 12 places.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigred said:

There's more to it than that.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

22 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

I assume it is because Oldham's current IMG grade is 7.39, putting them in 25th place out of 35 clubs.

Even with playing at Boundary Park and having a few successful years in the Championship, without the advantages built into the system that are gained from being in Super League, it will be one helluva task to gain an A grade or make it into the top 12 places.

How many years did they have at the start of SL?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

2 hours ago, wilsontown said:

I'd give them a fighting chance at this point...

Bit of a wake-up call for anyone thinking Oldham are ready to compete at the top of the Championship.

• Like 3

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Thats 50/1 on York winning it aint looking too bad now. Obviously they are not going to win it but decent chance of making the final and then would certainly have been able to make some money on that in the final. Hard to see past Sheffield though but should be a decent game before the formality of the final.