Sheffield 1895 cup

I have a feeling that all 1895's have to be played same day. Was hoping that Legacy Park might be otherwise engaged so they'd have to cede ground advantage! Horrible space.

• 2 weeks later...

Had another engagement today, heard sporadic 1st half commentary and all second half and what I drew from it was that we had little incisiveness, coupled with the odd lazy touches and poor communication on passes and moves despite the amount of time, possession and pressure out of which the commentators were expecting better results. Then we pick up a new injury, if Butterworth isn't fit next week let's hope Mitsias is fit, he's played there on a couple of those snips we saw. Wonder why Morton didn't play again?

35 minutes ago, phildog said:

Had another engagement today, heard sporadic 1st half commentary and all second half and what I drew from it was that we had little incisiveness, coupled with the odd lazy touches and poor communication on passes and moves despite the amount of time, possession and pressure out of which the commentators were expecting better results. Then we pick up a new injury, if Butterworth isn't fit next week let's hope Mitsias is fit, he's played there on a couple of those snips we saw. Wonder why Morton didn't play again?

I listened on radio Leeds sounded to me that batley had more than their fair share of possession on the Sheffield line and all I heard  continually was the old story of  it's so and so trying to barge over! and Sheffield defending everything batley threw at them, and when Sheffield had the ball down our end  they where continually throwing the ball from side to side and breaking batley down I understand they had a couple lucky tries but sounds to me from what I heard our only option yet again near there line was hopeless one man rugby with no other attacking options which always seems to be an issue for us! 

15 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

I listened on radio Leeds sounded to me that batley had more than their fair share of possession on the Sheffield line and all I heard  continually was the old story of  it's so and so trying to barge over! and Sheffield defending everything batley threw at them, and when Sheffield had the ball down our end  they where continually throwing the ball from side to side and breaking batley down I understand they had a couple lucky tries but sounds to me from what I heard our only option yet again near there line was hopeless one man rugby with no other attacking options which always seems to be an issue for us! 

i was there and your spot on and a few mistakes didnt help

That's a non profit making competition out of the way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Referee wasn’t the best 

we didn’t play well but will improve 

that ground is worse than Chorley or Highfield 

i thought the ref was decent let the game flow 

I was there too. Sheffield played their usual spoiling tactics and were continually allowed to do so, by us and the ref! Our kicking game was varied today, proving successful. Our tries were through good skillful interplay. Theirs through luck. Our right side is looking a real threat in attack, White, Walshaw, Buchanan and Keir all linking up well. But, it's still a game lost!

5 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Not fussed at all about this one ,with no monies involved it's an expense we can ill afford.  Widnes means more on sunday.

It will mean more on Sunday if we get the result as we play Saturday it’s our best chance to get a big club at home or a massive payday 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2024 at 18:49, RogerT said:

That's a non profit making competition out of the way 

Just get the league and the CC out of the way as well then and you will be in clover.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.