IRL Annual Report

On 27/02/2024 at 09:34, Dave T said:

IRL Chair Troy Grant said: “It is no secret that the Achilles heel for international rugby league for far too long has been the absence of an International Calendar. “The ad hoc nature of tournaments and international matches, and the absence of any clarity for nations, players and fans to plan their seasons, is over.

Sure Troy, sure.

I just want to return to this.

I don't support a pro team but do want to watch England. And with all due respect to SL, England is what gets us eyeballs. Has anything at all been confirmed for 2024? It's a genuine shambles at this late stage.

• Like 4

On 27/02/2024 at 09:34, Dave T said:

IRL Chair Troy Grant said: “It is no secret that the Achilles heel for international rugby league for far too long has been the absence of an International Calendar. “The ad hoc nature of tournaments and international matches, and the absence of any clarity for nations, players and fans to plan their seasons, is over.

Sure Troy, sure.

There are so many things wrong with this statement, like all of it. I suppose if he keeps spouting it someone may believe it. Those people probably believe all of the previous Chairs that said exactly the same thing too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Damien said:

There are so many things wrong with this statement, like all of it. I suppose if he keeps spouting it someone may believe it. Those people probably believe all of the previous Chairs that said exactly the same thing too.

It really is gaslighting. 

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

England is what gets us eyeballs. Has anything at all been confirmed for 2024? It's a genuine shambles at this late stage.

Is the match in France confirmed confirmed?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Think it's just pre-confirmed. So two steps away from confirmed confirmed yet. 

*deep joy*

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Think it's just pre-confirmed. So two steps away from confirmed confirmed yet. 

Just 2? By my reckoning we have confirmation under discussion, post pre confirmed, confirmed subject to confirmation, confirmed (terms to be agreed), and finally confirmed not in stone but with a very thick pencil.

15 hours ago, sam4731 said:

Just 2? By my reckoning we have confirmation under discussion, post pre confirmed, confirmed subject to confirmation, confirmed (terms to be agreed), and finally confirmed not in stone but with a very thick pencil.

Has that been confirmed, though? 🙂👍

Edited by JohnM
  • Haha 1

On 01/03/2024 at 00:19, Damien said:

Troy Grant is entirely untrustworthy. I've been saying this for years. First a Cop, then a politician and now a sports administrator. 

The sooner he leaves the better.

new rise.jpg