Sat 16th Mar: SL: Hull FC v Leigh Leopards KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/03/24 at 15:30

On 18/03/2024 at 08:50, meast said:

Why would it upset me?

It's a great win for Leigh I just hope we don't get some sort of backlash next week.

What a strange comment to make.

Apologies meast, I thought you had wrote both posts I quoted, till I have just seen the reply from Daz.

There is no possible way you can lose to Hull next week, is there?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MZH said:

I can genuinely see us becoming the next Bradford

That is down to Mr Pearson, he got rid of Radford then Last because he believed they were not performing from the outside I think that Smith is every bit as bad, where should he turn if he does part company with Smith? His choices over the last few seasons have not been very fruitful.

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thought exactly the same re "Too many cooks" Moylan did look more at home given the extra (sole) responsibility  it will be interesting when Lachy is back how Dad will see it, and even moreso when Asiata returns or Adrian may well use his "it will take time".

As for Dwyer do you recall last year when he became available I said on these pages he would be the perfect interchange to utilise along with Ipape and from what I have seen there is no reason for me to change my mind, albeit our Friends who support Leeds put me straight with "he is not very good, not a team player and bad ball distributor" just maybe in a different environment with a different coach he does produce, it does happen look at all the cast off's from other clubs now plying their trade at Salford.

I would ask Wire what do they want for him and make the signing permanent .

To be fair, there were good signs in the first 50 minutes against Leeds that Moylan and Lam can link up well. What is clear is that Moylan needs to control the kicking game. While there might be halves out there with better kicking games, Moylan's is far superior to Lam's. But when Asiata is back, he'll need to play as an extra ball playing forward, rather than an extra half. Looked a mess against Huddersfield with Asiata to Lam to Moylan to O'Brien.

Agree on Dwyer, the club need to try and get him signed up. Suspect his salary is too high for a third hooker at Warrington, but we have release Smith and Mellor since the squad numbers were announced, and he'd play every week at Leigh.

• Like 1

Hi Rob ( @Old Frightful ), can't ever recall you not commenting on any other Hull FC game before, I believe you always take a considered approach with your comments and don't just fly of the handle, there have been a few posts which I believe are of genuine concern what is happening at Hull, non are gloating, I would like to hear your take on matters as a long standing loyal supporter of the club.

4 minutes ago, phiggins said:

To be fair, there were good signs in the first 50 minutes against Leeds that Moylan and Lam can link up well. What is clear is that Moylan needs to control the kicking game. While there might be halves out there with better kicking games, Moylan's is far superior to Lam's. But when Asiata is back, he'll need to play as an extra ball playing forward, rather than an extra half. Looked a mess against Huddersfield with Asiata to Lam to Moylan to O'Brien.

Agree on Dwyer, the club need to try and get him signed up. Suspect his salary is too high for a third hooker at Warrington, but we have release Smith and Mellor since the squad numbers were announced, and he'd play every week at Leigh.

Totally agree with all that, the Huddersfield game was a shambles on attack so far away from what we are good at, and I said at the time It was the worst game in a Leigh jumper that Asiata had played in, even allowing for his time away.

Pre game Adrian said, "Teams will know what to expect from us this season" he changed the way we play so much I will put that loss fairly and squarely on his shoulders, he seems to have reverted back from the game at Saints to what really suits us, I honestly believe albeit post match thoughts that we should be 3 from 4 now, at Saints the injuries didn't give us a fair stab, and the less said about the Leeds game the better.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree with all that, the Huddersfield game was a shambles on attack so far away from what we are good at, and I said at the time It was the worst game in a Leigh jumper that Asiata had played in, even allowing for his time away.

Pre game Adrian said, "Teams will know what to expect from us this season" he changed the way we play so much I will put that loss fairly and squarely on his shoulders, he seems to have reverted back from the game at Saints to what really suits us, I honestly believe albeit post match thoughts that we should be 3 from 4 now, at Saints the injuries didn't give us a fair stab, and the less said about the Leeds game the better.

I think the big weakness in the Leeds game, was the defence on the right edge, and that was still evident against Hull who made a few breaks down that channel, but didn't bother to support the ball carrier.

Hughes has now moved inside from that right edge, where he can be ineffective in the middle it seems, but am yet to be convinced by Halton, and Moylan, Halton, and Hardaker seem a bit out of sync in the defensive line. 

48 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I think the big weakness in the Leeds game, was the defence on the right edge, and that was still evident against Hull who made a few breaks down that channel, but didn't bother to support the ball carrier.

Hughes has now moved inside from that right edge, where he can be ineffective in the middle it seems, but am yet to be convinced by Halton, and Moylan, Halton, and Hardaker seem a bit out of sync in the defensive line. 

As was McNamara, it was noticeable he missed a few one - on - ones.

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hi Rob ( @Old Frightful ), can't ever recall you not commenting on any other Hull FC game before, I believe you always take a considered approach with your comments and don't just fly of the handle, there have been a few posts which I believe are of genuine concern what is happening at Hull, non are gloating, I would like to hear your take on matters as a long standing loyal supporter of the club.

Hi mate, well, the down time of the forum couldn't have come at a better time for us Black and Whites. I see absolutely no reason to be optimistic at the moment, as a team we are simply garbage. And we have seen two accidental head clashes that have resulted in a sending off and a sin bin and multiple match bans for both. Also we seem to have signed a player who doesn't appear to have any idea about the clamp down on discipline meaning the team are playing with 12 men for periods of the only two games in which he's featured.

There are so many rumours flying around it's getting pretty desperate. We need Adam Pearson to tell the fans what's really going on as these rumours are severely damaging what little credibility the club has right now.

Not sure what else to add to be brutally honest. The only two games where we've seen a bit of fight are the games at Catalans and Wire, which I could have predicted anyway as playing at the soul less ground that Hull FC call home seems to do little for either the players or the fans. To put it simply, I hate the place.

I'm becoming disillusioned, not just with Hull FC, but with the sport of RL in general. This clamp down by the officials and the RFL disciplinary, in my opinion, has seen the game change dramatically and not for the better. If it is indeed, as the rumours suggest, as a result of legal action being taken by Bobby Goulding and other former players then I feel there may be no going back to the sport of RL that I used to love so much. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a return to the old stiff arm brigade and the like but just common sense across the board where players don't get sent from the field for accidents.

And I'd dearly love to see the "six again" rule removed from the laws, it only ever seems to benefit the teams who don't need a leg up anyway.

Sorry but that's how I feel right now.

• Like 6
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Hi mate, well, the down time of the forum couldn't have come at a better time for us Black and Whites. I see absolutely no reason to be optimistic at the moment, as a team we are simply garbage. And we have seen two accidental head clashes that have resulted in a sending off and a sin bin and multiple match bans for both. Also we seem to have signed a player who doesn't appear to have any idea about the clamp down on discipline meaning the team are playing with 12 men for periods of the only two games in which he's featured.

There are so many rumours flying around it's getting pretty desperate. We need Adam Pearson to tell the fans what's really going on as these rumours are severely damaging what little credibility the club has right now.

Not sure what else to add to be brutally honest. The only two games where we've seen a bit of fight are the games at Catalans and Wire, which I could have predicted anyway as playing at the soul less ground that Hull FC call home seems to do little for either the players or the fans. To put it simply, I hate the place.

I'm becoming disillusioned, not just with Hull FC, but with the sport of RL in general. This clamp down by the officials and the RFL disciplinary, in my opinion, has seen the game change dramatically and not for the better. If it is indeed, as the rumours suggest, as a result of legal action being taken by Bobby Goulding and other former players then I feel there may be no going back to the sport of RL that I used to love so much. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a return to the old stiff arm brigade and the like but just common sense across the board where players don't get sent from the field for accidents.

And I'd dearly love to see the "six again" rule removed from the laws, it only ever seems to benefit the teams who don't need a leg up anyway.

Totally agree with you regarding the ground, it definitely lacks atmosphere apart from the odd game. No comparison to the Boulevard, especially in the 80s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gooleboy said:

Totally agree with you regarding the ground, it definitely lacks atmosphere apart from the odd game. No comparison to the Boulevard, especially in the 80s.

In the 50's when we had a really great team and coach it was even better!

Edited by George Watt
  • Like 2

On 18/03/2024 at 17:47, meast said:

Genuinely, what are the issues?

I've alluded to there appearing to be issues at Hull as they just seem to lurch from being bad to utter dross no matter who coaches them or plays for them.

Is the senior management an issue?

The problem is, we don't really know, because the club don't tell us anything. The only time you hear from Pearson is when there are memberships or new shirts to flog. The club are either tone deaf to the views of the fans, or they simply don't care. Either way supporters are becoming disillusioned in huge numbers, certainly worse than anything I've experienced in the time I've followed the club. 

We are clearly struggling financially, but again we don't really know the extent of this because we never get told anything. The squad and coaching staff is poor and done on the cheap, the training facilities are, by all accounts, pathetic. We are still tied into a poor deal at the stadium, and we have fairly substantial debts. There is just a general feeling that the club is slowly but surely being run into the ground. 

We might moan a lot, but the Hull FC fan base is one of the biggest and most loyal in the game. If we are struggling then just be honest about it and the fans will stick by you. We can cope with being poor on the pitch, but it almost feels like the club are taking the mick at the minute and supporters won't stand for that. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, MZH said:

The problem is, we don't really know, because the club don't tell us anything. The only time you hear from Pearson is when there are memberships or new shirts to flog. The club are either tone deaf to the views of the fans, or they simply don't care. Either way supporters are becoming disillusioned in huge numbers, certainly worse than anything I've experienced in the time I've followed the club. 

We are clearly struggling financially, but again we don't really know the extent of this because we never get told anything. The squad and coaching staff is poor and done on the cheap, the training facilities are, by all accounts, pathetic. We are still tied into a poor deal at the stadium, and we have fairly substantial debts. There is just a general feeling that the club is slowly but surely being run into the ground. 

We might moan a lot, but the Hull FC fan base is one of the biggest and most loyal in the game. If we are struggling then just be honest about it and the fans will stick by you. We can cope with being poor on the pitch, but it almost feels like the club are taking the mick at the minute and supporters won't stand for that. 

I don't understand:-

"There is just a general feeling that the club is slowly but surely being run into the ground"

Wasn't it not to long ago we heard that Mr Pearson would welcome offers to take the club of his hands if so why would he want to purposefully devalue the thing he wants to offload, I don't believe he is that rich that he could write off the difference between the best and worst price he could hope to get if he is still after selling his asset.

Has Mr Pearson just been seemingly/persistently unlucky in his choice of coach, he has hired them in good faith and put up the money for them to formulate their own squads, who advises him or is the choice of coach his own fruition if so then the buck stops with him.

As you say as fans you don't hear much from him, being a fan of the club I am we probably hear more from our owner than any other club in the sport, he gets a lot of adverse publicity but we know where his heart is, would you prefer it that way.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I don't understand:-

"There is just a general feeling that the club is slowly but surely being run into the ground"

Wasn't it not to long ago we heard that Mr Pearson would welcome offers to take the club of his hands if so why would he want to purposefully devalue the thing he wants to offload, I don't believe he is that rich that he could write off the difference between the best and worst price he could hope to get if he is still after selling his asset.

Has Mr Pearson just been seemingly/persistently unlucky in his choice of coach, he has hired them in good faith and put up the money for them to formulate their own squads, who advises him or is the choice of coach his own fruition if so then the buck stops with him.

As you say as fans you don't hear much from him, being a fan of the club I am we probably hear more from our owner than any other club in the sport, he gets a lot of adverse publicity but we know where his heart is, would you prefer it that way.

I don't mean that it's intentionally being run into the ground necessarily. But we are all very concerned about the direction the club is going. 

I think the general consensus is that he probably would like to sell the club, but no one has as yet met his valuation. We don't own the stadium, or any other physical asset really. Our value is in the brand, and the players, both of which are highly subjective, we can't even point to being a profit making business in recent years. It looks to me as though, in the meantime, he's trying to keep his costs down whilst continuing to take his salary from the club (he does pay himself a salary). The amount of corners being cut is just not good enough for a supposed elite sports club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MZH said:

I don't mean that it's intentionally being run into the ground necessarily. But we are all very concerned about the direction the club is going. 

I think the general consensus is that he probably would like to sell the club, but no one has as yet met his valuation. We don't own the stadium, or any other physical asset really. Our value is in the brand, and the players, both of which are highly subjective, we can't even point to being a profit making business in recent years. It looks to me as though, in the meantime, he's trying to keep his costs down whilst continuing to take his salary from the club (he does pay himself a salary). The amount of corners being cut is just not good enough for a supposed elite sports club.

Thanks for your considered answer, that all seems very feasible.

22 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Just on your more general points about RL in general.   

Having just watched an excellent game between Leeds and Saints I am not sure that the increased focus on high tackles is damaging the game, particularly with the nuances following Nu Brown incident.  I can understand how your frustration with Hull FC could also translate into loss of regard for the sport but I personally don't think its damaging the game that much.  Plus the focus around PTB is a marked improvement from the officials.

I would agree though with your comment on the six again.

On 18/03/2024 at 20:31, Snowys Backside said:

Leigh will be in the 12 Col. 

If it went to 10 though 🤔

Well Toulouse and wakey are nailed on, London are done I make it between us and Cas 

1 hour ago, ColD said:

Well Toulouse and wakey are nailed on, London are done I make it between us and Cas 

Mr Beaumont is confident of a near 'A' grade when the proper financials are taken into account, Leigh do their returns year ending in December, the provisional gradings were issued in October when Leigh were not producing good figures in the Championship in '22, he is also going to play the system with the money the club owes him, in that it will appear to be in the club, you'd think an organisation as clever as people keep saying IMG are would have closed any loop holes!