Widnes game

Well. to say I wasnt expecting that result and performance is an understatement. 

Regardless of the game changing injuries to Smith and Burke and the sin binnings and sending off it was a very poor effort. We were on the back foot most of the game and never really created pressure. 

The end decisions never cost us the match but obviously did influence the final score. 

Very very disappointed  .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, red square said:

Haven't seen any footage of the game but once again (as seems to be the case every season) lack of discipline appears to be a factor.

It's a constant over last few years. We mouth off more than anyone else in league, numerous players at it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, red square said:

Haven't seen any footage of the game but once again (as seems to be the case every season) lack of discipline appears to be a factor.

Agree with this ,as much as I was surprised it was brad this weekend their are certain players who just can't keep their mouths shut during a game , particularly stacky and johnno,fab players and servants to the club but their always in the officials ears and tbh I think that kind of behaviour can spread within the players , unfortunately it's a highly physical game that plays on the emotions especially if you think your getting a bum deal from officials ,live and learn I suppose and hope cresta reads the riot act because all it does is affect their team mates 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

Agree with this ,as much as I was surprised it was brad this weekend their are certain players who just can't keep their mouths shut during a game , particularly stacky and johnno,fab players and servants to the club but their always in the officials ears and tbh I think that kind of behaviour can spread within the players , unfortunately it's a highly physical game that plays on the emotions especially if you think your getting a bum deal from officials ,live and learn I suppose and hope cresta reads the riot act because all it does is affect their team mates 

Once that tag sticks refs are on the look out for it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

Seems it spilled out into the crowd after reports of the fans abusing the match officials, I imagine it must of been a frustrating game for everyone

I wonder if this is anything to do with the applications of the new tackling rules? The inconsistent interpretation of these is causing a lot of frustration with players and supporters. 

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, blue forever said:

It's a constant over last few years. We mouth off more than anyone else in league, numerous players at it.

It spreads like a cancer and grows...can steal hard earned victories and lead to unnecessary defeats.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Seems it spilled out into the crowd after reports of the fans abusing the match officials, I imagine it must of been a frustrating game for everyone

Yeah not really a great look for the club when certain individuals are calling a female official a "blind b#tch" among several other names ,wasn't just one person either,think the ref just lost control of the game at one point,even their fans thought the ref was shocking ,wouldn't be so bad but some fan reactions were ridiculous particularly when shawy got judged to have a foot in touch (and he was) but the liner got pelters,think with some people saw it as a banker win after the clubs respective pre seasons and just came off second best ,is what it is ,move on to the next 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't think we could have got off to a worse start. 3 key players sent off/in the bin. 2 key players burke and Smith injured likely long term. So a minimum of 5 key players potentially out for a period of time is an absolute disaster. The players need to take accountability for this quick without being too dramatic this could have a huge effect on our season and with the recent changes in structure it could be detrimental.

• Like 1

No idea what's going on with Tee Ritson and Saints. He hasn't been selected this season and now with Tommy Makinson injured and centre Percival banned, Paul Wellens said he'll likely stick with the same team v Leeds on Friday - ie: centre Blake on the wing and forward Whitley in the centre. For whatever reason flying winger Tee is totally out of favour and can't get a game in the 1st team. Wonder if he regrets leaving Barrow - maybe we could get him loaned back?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

No idea what's going on with Tee Ritson and Saints. He hasn't been selected this season and now with Tommy Makinson injured and centre Percival banned, Paul Wellens said he'll likely stick with the same team v Leeds on Friday - ie: centre Blake on the wing and forward Whitley in the centre. For whatever reason flying winger Tee is totally out of favour and can't get a game in the 1st team. Wonder if he regrets leaving Barrow - maybe we could get him loaned back?

I was wondering where he was the other day. Sky used him as one of the pictures on a advert. If he's not getting a game at Saints then surely he can play SL with London, Cas, Hull FC etc and show his worth? It seems a total waste. 

• Like 1

Totally understand how you Barrow fans feel . We at Town are crippled with injuries compounded by Refs who are inconsistent at best , it seems like you are getting pinged for things the other side get away with , and this frustrates the crowd and players alike .......As for Tee Ritson we are down to the same old argument , do you pick a class lightning quick winger , or a big lump to fill a gap , it`s all down to size these days unfortunately .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 18/03/2024 at 22:49, blue forever said:

Not sure where you get your facts figures from to come to that conclusion,however we do have some vocal players just like any other team.

Dissent towards the referee is not acceptable and will only cost the team on the pitch and in their pockets.

Players need to control their emotions a little better and take some decisions on the chin,I believe the standard of officiating has decreased which can become very frustrating for players.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Masters 13 said:

Apparently Brad Walker has been given a grade E charge for questioning the official!! 

Grade E is 3 - 5 match ban plus a fine from the very 1st game of the Season.

Shooting ourselves in the foot from the get-go.

Let this be a lesson for everyone else (Stack & Johnson particularly) for the rest of the season.

Fortunately Adam Jackson is a competent replacement.

• Like 2