Netherlands Mens’ International Calendar 2024

The developing European nations leading the way again. Its amazing how the likes of Netherlands, Greece and Serbia can get games on with homegrown  domestic players yet nations with far more resources at their disposal come out with excuses.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Damien said:

The developing European nations leading the way again. Its amazing how the likes of Netherlands, Greece and Serbia can get games on with homegrown  domestic players yet nations with far more resources at their disposal come out with excuses.

Yep, and it's slowly growing there - Sweden currently have a junior and a youth team on tour in the Czech Republic for example.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Yep, and it's slowly growing there - Sweden currently have a junior and a youth team on tour in the Czech Republic for example.

You had me excited there thinking there was another country I wasn't aware of, then I realised you meant Norway 🤣

Edited by Damien
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, 2blackrooks said:

Great to hear and I’m assuming Scotland will utilise local players as was suggested last year by the new coaching staff 

I hope so. The same with Ireland. I don’t see the point of playing heritage players against this standard of opposition. Utilise players from the domestic league to gauge where you are from a development perspective and reward the local players who are playing regularly.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Hopefully @yanto will answer that one for you.

Last year Norway  Albania Germany Serbia and Czech in a five week stint.

Year before only two internationals. 

2021 three in October. 

The regular season is over. Looking at the international results of the Dutch over the past few years playing a block of games over a short period of time seems to make the national side more like a club side

All selected players can commit to "in camp" like training .

Play a game, meet up ,discuss, train  prepare for the next weekend.

No distractions. 

Seems to be paying dividends. 

Question about union. (Not sure why it's always brought up)

October September is deep into union season.

All boys selected are committed to League.

Union to some of them is now becoming their 2nd choice.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 19/03/2024 at 14:07, Damien said:

You had me excited there thinking there was another country I wasn't aware of, then I realised you meant Norway 🤣

Always thought the Norwegians would of been perfect for both codes of Rugby esp League as it could be a perfect calender sport in summer.