The NRL Round 7 Thread

Stunning win for the Dragons. Warriors looked strong from the off and it felt like they could win the game handily, but huge credit to St George. How good was that Lomax kick and chase and high leap catch try? That was phenomenal. Dragons defended superbly too as the game went on and especially in the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, JimBronco said:

Stunning win for the Dragons. Warriors looked strong from the off and it felt like they could win the game handily, but huge credit to St George. How good was that Lomax kick and chase and high leap catch try? That was phenomenal. Dragons defended superbly too as the game went on and especially in the 2nd half.

I’m not sure there is anything more that the recent drastically improved performances can be put down to other than getting a glowingly evident, fantastic coach.

What do you reckon @The Rocket?

I only just got all the images assembled and Manly already have 2 tries.

Saab and T-Turbo

Manly 10 - 0 after 10 minutes

20min: Khan Pereira gets another off a clean break by Brian Kelly

Tanah Boyd kicks the goal

Tights  12 - 10

26min: Olakau'atu breaks through about half the Titans to score. Bunker has a look at the grounding. Looks a bit iffy but TRY

Garrick goal

Manly 16 - 12

37min: Inside banana kick from Foran sees Brimstone fly through the air to catch and score.

Boyd kicks another goal

Titans 24 - 16

This is a lot more entertaining than I was expecting.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

40min: T-Turbo finishes a 60m move. Was there an obstruction in the leadup? Ref standing in front of the kicker to ensure it gets looked at. Bunker says TRY

Garrick goal

HT:  Gold Coast  24  Manly  22

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

I’m not sure there is anything more that the recent drastically improved performances can be put down to other than getting a glowingly evident, fantastic coach.

What do you reckon @The Rocket?

I think it was in response to @DavidM before the season started when he said he saw no improvement in St. George this year that I stated that Flanagan was a winner and this would be reflected in our results, I recall you agreeing, notwithstanding the obvious bias a Sharks fan would have. Not much I have seen or heard so far changes my view on this, it seems that the players really want to perform for him. Btw, great to see Kyle Flanagan probably playing the best football of his career.

53min: Tanah Boyd try finishes off a move from 50m out that started with a Brimson break

Boyd goal

Tightens 30 - 28

55min: now Bullymore goes under the posts

Garrick goal

Manly 34 - 30

I think they're going for the Highest Scoring Game record

Broncos team: 1. Reece Walsh 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Selwyn Cobbo 5. Jesse Arthars 6. Ezra Mam 7. Jock Madden 8. Corey Jensen 9. Billy Walters 10. Fletcher Baker 11. Jaiyden Hunt 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Xavier Willison 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Tristan Sailor

18. Martin Taupau 

Raiders team: 1. Chevy Stewart 2. James Schiller 3. Matthew Timoko 4. Sebastian Kris 5. Xavier Savage 6. Ethan Strange 7. Jamal Fogarty 8. Josh Papali’i 9. Danny Levi 10. Joseph Tapine 11. Hudson Young 12. Ata Mariota 13. Morgan Smithies

14. Tom Starling 15. Simi Sasagi 16. Trey Mooney 17. Pasami Saulo

18. Kaeo Weekes 

The Raiders are wobbling!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The Raiders are wobbling!

Not wobbling - imploding.

Ralph Waldo Emerson