Sat 20th Apr: SL: London Broncos v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/24 at 14:30

The attitude of commentary on London is like they are a new junior team entering an U12s league, talk about effort and losing by less than normal, ones for the future etc. I remember one of the Sky summarisers saying they are told not to criticise referees decisions in commentary, and it sounds like they have been told the same about London's level of performance. 

• Like 1

So much to say and if I am honest, it's getting tiring repeating myself for over 2 decades, so other than agreeing with Roosters comments earlier about their being no London Broncos future until Hughes walks away (nobody is going to give him a cent for what he has "created"), underlining that the lack of anything to purchase in the shop other than overpriced T-shirts with the manufacturers logo bigger than the clubs (£25????Really????) and the further reduction of any interest in attracting new fans and the associated fiscal sponsorship needed, I'd say that whilst you can't fault those players chosen to wear the shirt, you do question the benefit of them getting hammered week in week out.

That said, today wasn't a hammering, but it did expose another flaw in the 2024 season in that the other clubs can all have a mare when playing London and still comfortably win. Death & Taxes have a new bedfella in London Relegated as 3 things you can bet your house on.

On the topic of TV coverage (brilliant to see so much RL available live and in instant highlights packages), the chasm in standard of commentary between the NRL and SL still exists. The team calling the Wigan v Castleford game sounded bored whilst the team in London sounded embarrassed. Down here, no matter the result or standard of the game, the commentary teams all sound grateful to be witnessing/calling the games and that in turn adds 30%+ to the atmosphere and therefore raises the chances of fans attending games. I found myself (thoroughly depressed) watching the NZ Warriors getting beaten by an average dragons the other night, scrolling through my options for a flight/hotel to Auckland on Thursday for the Titans game, because regardless of it assuredly NOT BEING OUR YEAR, I still have FOMO! Fear of missing a game needs to be a reality, but at the moment there's not much in the way of trying to attract casual/new fans, just rinsing existing ones from what I can tell.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NRLandSL said:

Lighten up a little, London are in Super league, they will likely go down but they will better for it in the future. 

Like I have said since before the first game this season is likely to be VERY damaging for the Broncos brand 

Hate to say this for the very first time but Hughes needs to leave 

30 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

The question will then be who is going to replace him. If anyone?

To be fair, David Hughes has been looking for someone if not to take over then at least to share the burden for some considerable time, what he can't appreciate is that his tenure has so badly damaged the club's image that no-one will touch it with a bargepole.

On 21/04/2024 at 10:01, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

To be fair, David Hughes has been looking for someone if not to take over then at least to share the burden for some considerable time, what he can't appreciate is that his tenure has so badly damaged the club's image that no-one will touch it with a bargepole.

Looking at what has happened to every other club from outside Yorkshire and Lancashire since I have been following RL I don’t see how you can say it is all David Hughes’ fault that London are not what they could be.

i was at the match by the way.

Edited by westlondonfan