Beware the invasion from Yorvik

RogerT

Ours will be not bad after giving Trinity a decent run out. Get the pack on top, bit of good old Batley tackling and we'll edge it.

Just checked it out you are correct. The last 2 seasons you got a discount by buying in advance. 

• Thanks 1

The car to which I alluded a few weeks past is back in the building....or the car park!! I take us by 10.

As you approach the stadium you will a ticket office there I believe you can use your card there. Inside the ground the bars take cards.

A bit of a funny one today cruising for 60 mins, then squeaky bum time for the last 20,we had a reasonable first half controlling the game and without york really bothering us, then second half after going 22-0 we totally went to pieces and we ended up  scrambling to save the game,at 22-12   I wasnt really that worried but when it went  22-18 after mannings mad moment blocking the runner when no need! And leading to another york try to make it 22-18 it really was squeaky bum time for the last 10 mins but credit to the boys the defensive effort was outstanding and we managed to scrape the win from being in what was a  very comfortable position! Another few hairs lost off the old bonce👴 and a bit more grey to go with it but a wins a win! Congratulations to lucas walshaw on his 250th appearance a real milestone, and yet another great performance as always and a try to go with it. 

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 3

We really have to up our game when we're in front. 22-0 and York hadn't seriously worried us. Then we clocked off, we let them run at us with open ball-carrying arms yet stood back and let one man try to do all the work. Again we failed to deal effectively with kicks, Morton carries dead, 3 men looked at a bouncing ball which they had to frantically claim....we seem a bit scared of daring to win just like Fev match. Happy with Samy back, led the line well, looked more aggressive and ifvgexdrays any length of time someone needs to learn to be with him for the offloads.

Concerning to see Whitey in some discomfort yesterday, consecutive appearance record on the line maybe? Bit (lot) unfair to point out 1 man I think, more than 1 clocked off yesterday especially midfield when York's 13 strolled in by the posts. Burton IMO  doesn't let us down at all and is a young man who needs to play and get support. If people had done the basics (YET ANOTHER KICK OFF #### UP) for example then we mightn't have been under the defensive pressure we were well before the accused entered the witness box. 

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Concerning to see Whitey in some discomfort yesterday, consecutive appearance record on the line maybe? Bit (lot) unfair to point out 1 man I think, more than 1 clocked off yesterday especially midfield when York's 13 strolled in by the posts. Burton IMO  doesn't let us down at all and is a young man who needs to play and get support. If people had done the basics (YET ANOTHER KICK OFF #### UP) for example then we mightn't have been under the defensive pressure we were well before the accused entered the witness box. 

He was involved in the tackle under the posts and was bumped off and he didn’t fill the hole after Flynn moved across for them to score the 2nd try 

The kick off error didn’t lead to any tries 

Ward and burton was dragged off after either try so moxon wasn’t happy at all 

burton isn’t the answer at 9 

we won but he isn’t the best defender he’s targeted by the opposition in defence 

Whitey just rolled his ankle by all accounts so we shall see… 

next week will probably tough but we shall see 

York brought on Ata Hingano ( back from injury) on with 30 minutes to go he changed the game he started throwing the ball about and opening Batley up , pity Hendo didn’t bring him on for the start of the SH , Anyway you lads deserved the Win on the day we made to many silly errors and give to many six’s agains and penalties, we will get going and be ok for the season. Batley fans  all the best for the rest of the season, enjoy my day there 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2