Sat 27th-Sun 28th Apr: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

22 hours ago, Fevrover said:

You must be right because a Widnes supporter has a letter in League Express saying they were robbed at Featherstone last week. 😃 

On a different matter I see Whitehaven announced 521 as the gate for the Fev game, what would have been the numbers Fev took?

Tough times for the good people of Whitehaven 

22 minutes ago, RS said:

On a different matter I see Whitehaven announced 521 as the gate for the Fev game, what would have been the numbers Fev took?

Didn't go this season but i should imagine 150 ish.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RS said:

Doesn't help how we've had 4 home games to start the season, times are tough for lots of people and they're having to now choose wisely how to spend their money, no one would of expected us to get close to Fev so that will of put a few off from attending. Also, no way Fev brought 150, I'd say 50 maximum.

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Doesn't help how we've had 4 home games to start the season, times are tough for lots of people and they're having to now choose wisely how to spend their money, no one would of expected us to get close to Fev so that will of put a few off from attending. Also, no way Fev brought 150, I'd say 50 maximum.

It was a guess of 150 the 50 who did go want are diehards and still added to an extremely poor attendance. 

• Like 1

I am afraid the days of Fev away support of 700 to 800 are gone for good with no chance of promotion.Plenty will go to Batley as it is usually a good day out and match atmosphere.And Wakey away we will have good away support as it is a local derby.But i fear other Championship clubs will be worse off from less travelling support and i can't see it improving over time.          

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

It was a guess of 150 the 50 who did go want are diehards and still added to an extremely poor attendance. 

That's true... At least we still publish our attendance unlike other clubs nowadays I guess đŸ€Ł

• Like 2

On 30/04/2024 at 11:12, SUPERSTUD said:

Just for clarity I am not the individual who you are thinking I am. This is just so any future comments I make on this site are not attributed to that player’s dad as I feel that this would be very unfair. I know the person in question and I can understand your initial way of thinking. Regarding the youth aspect I apologise and accept my ignorance kicked in. I will do some research to hopefully get up to speed.

Thanks for the clarification, duly noted.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

1 hour ago, Moonshine said:

Thanks for the clarification, duly noted.

No problem and thanks for having the decency to reply. I thought it was only right to point it out in the interests of fairness. Apologies if I came across a bit moody the other. From now on I must remember not to post straight after a game. It’s been a tough frustrating season so far!

• Like 2

On 01/05/2024 at 09:32, sentoffagain2 said:

I am afraid the days of Fev away support of 700 to 800 are gone for good with no chance of promotion.Plenty will go to Batley as it is usually a good day out and match atmosphere.And Wakey away we will have good away support as it is a local derby.But i fear other Championship clubs will be worse off from less travelling support and i can't see it improving over time.          

Dewsbury is usually popular as well. 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2024 at 10:31, Neutralfan7 said:

That's true... At least we still publish our attendance unlike other clubs nowadays I guess đŸ€Ł

Nearly all clubs gave attendances this week,more then normal this week.