Sheffield A

HP Beans

It doesn’t get much tougher for the lads than this.Travelling to a red hot Eagles side that are unbeaten in 5 games.

Hopefully put up a good performance though,best of luck lads.

Up the Raiders!

• Thanks 1

Lost 54-0. 

Didn't expect much after Sheffield won 46-0 away at Halifax last week. 

Need to win next week badly. 

• Like 2

Always a tough place to go and Sheffield are in great form this season. Big game for you next week now, hopefully not picked up any more injuries with Johnson and T Walker missing 

Edited by Neutralfan7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BarraFan said:

Not good enough or fast enough! No idea! Another great game for B.Walker 🤣😒 he does nothing for the team! Poor again

Didn't go today so can't comment on walkers performance, but conceding 92 points in 2 games suggests the problems lie not with the stand off but with the defence. Also yet another game where we concede more in the 2nd period than the 1st... Quite clear that we aren't fit enough 

Edited by blue forever
  • Like 1

Never nice being on the wrong end of that kind of result,what I will say is right now Sheffield are only 2nd to Wakefield,both league wise and reality, personally believe their better than Fev,doesn't justify the scoreline but a little perspective is needed ,major major problems in the halves that desperately needs addressing 

• Like 1

We had a fantastic season 2 years ago and shouldve kicked on from that but we have gone catastrophically backwards and are heading for league 1 (again). We have no pace and our defensive line is way too slow to move up and the opposition get a roll on and steamroller us. 

• Like 1

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

10 minutes ago, morty said:

We had a fantastic season 2 years ago and shouldve kicked on from that but we have gone catastrophically backwards and are heading for league 1 (again). We have no pace and our defensive line is way too slow to move up and the opposition get a roll on and steamroller us. 

It's gone incredibly stale and quite predictable 

• Like 1

Although I wasn't at the game today but from what I have seen from the team the start of the season is poor line speed, poor attacking options, poor fitness which is evident in today's result.

This all boils down to the management.

I think I've only seen one good half played this season which was the first half against Dewsbury and we nearly threw that game away!

Drastic changes needed.... Possibly starting from the top.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

Wasn't there today but agree with last comments above. Sadly I think we need to freshen it up and quickly and unfortunately it might be time for a new coach. Controversial I know and first time I have thought this but it is just not good enough before today. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A heavy defeat was expected and it doesn't bother me that we lost 54 - 0 for a loss and no points, same difference if the score was 54 - 53. Ditto last week v Doncaster. We are level or above 6 other teams, because we beat the bottom 2 sides. So at this very early stage, beating other struggling teams like Batley at home next week is a MUST win, because playing like we are we've no chance of beating anyone else.

• Like 1

I've just seen that cresta said Johnson went off with a HIA today, given that he was suspended for next week but would now be unavailable due to the HIA what happens with the ban? Does it get carried to another week? I've never heard of this happening before so not sure what happens? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Raider91 said:

highlights there, not a great watch. 

We don't do well on 3G pitches - we have no speed in attack and unable to defend against speed.

Does Barrow not Video-tape homes game to show the high lights? Most every other clubs does.

Sheffield had 2 camera's, one from the Stand and the other from behind the posts.

• Like 1

Just watched that and have to say it's a horror show, Sheffield clearly attacked the 2ndrow/centre channel and vast majority of tries came via that ,the outcome isn't the coaches fault it's purely down to players clocking off,not doing the basics,not putting their body on the line ,some unforgivable,and yet again certain players making weak ###### efforts in contact ,some that we know that are targeted weekly through their inability to match their gobbing off efforts , personally feel for cresta because he's getting the flak for players just putting in ###### poor effort.

• Like 1

Think it’s safe to say we have a pack that can go forward but then there is nothing off the back of it. 1,6 and 7 all too slow and predictable. Walker seems to be getting a lot of the blame at the moment, he’s a cracking ball handling loose forward but is being played at 6. Cresswell is safe but all his pace is long gone and needs replacing. If Johnston plays it simple he can be effective but this happens very rarely. If he put as much effort into playing as he does gobbing off and waving his arms around he might be a more consistent player. 

• Like 4