• Please log in to reply
2751 replies to this topic

#2181 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Well done! Can you post it here?

Will do this evening if I get chance when I get home.... it's one I've not posted to Flickr.  

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#2182 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Will do this evening if I get chance when I get home.... it's one I've not posted to Flickr.  

Taken early morning on the way to work. Nearly froze my hands off in the 15 or so minutes I was up there taking a selection of shots.

8638421340_a853afb0ef_c.jpg
Ovenden Moor 128 by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#2183 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

8647441885_a994621933_c.jpg
Old Town Mill by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

#2184 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

8647441885_a994621933_c.jpg
Old Town Mill by 77gazza, on Flickr

Now that I do really like, excellent, good processing to.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#2185 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:33 PM

Now that I do really like, excellent, good processing to.

Cheers. I'm slowly getting to know my way around Photoshop for basic editing, not that I've tweaked that one very much. This one however is very much more about experimentation.

8649820364_07895fdffa_c.jpg
Hebden Bridge_0030 by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

#2186 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

The old pan tilt model village trickery.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#2187 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Some of you may fancy this, its a photography course being run by Practical Photography magazine. Its free to sign up and take part, you'll just need the magazine each month to read up on the topics.

Camera School

Edited by Padge, 15 April 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#2188 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

Some of you may fancy this, its a photography course being run by Practical Photography magazine. Its free to sign up and take part, you'll just need the magazine each month to read up on the topics.

Camera School

Some us think this "competition" is run by a photography school. Especially given the voting (I won't use the word bias), predictability.
It's nearly as predictable as Eurovision Song Contest.
Scenic picture of Cornwall/Devon/Yorkshire (moors)? Ah, another winner.
If someone took a photo of a dustbin, and called it Holmfirth it would probably get more votes than a picture of Windermere with a stunning sunset behind her.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#2189 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,374 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Some of you may fancy this, its a photography course being run by Practical Photography magazine. Its free to sign up and take part, you'll just need the magazine each month to read up on the topics.

Camera School

I have a lot of time for Practical Photography - I might give this the once over.  Could do with a refresher on most things.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#2190 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Some us think this "competition" is run by a photography school. Especially given the voting (I won't use the word bias), predictability.
If someone took a photo of a dustbin, and called it Holmfirth it would probably get more votes than a picture of Windermere with a stunning sunset behind her.

What a baby!!

this month, scene from the Dorset Coast is winning
Last month, a pic of some shadows taken by my missus won
the month before that a picture of a motorway won
the month before that a picture of Father Christmas in London won

No Cornwall, No Devon, No Moors and no Holmfirth

you've obviously got a bee in your bonnet about something and you're beginning to look like a spoilt baby
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2191 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

Had confirmation last night that i have a place as an official Photographer for this Sunday's London Marathon!
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2192 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Had confirmation last night that i have a place as an official Photographer for this Sunday's London Marathon!

nice one i will look forward to seeing some great pics.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2193 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,124 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

What a bag o ####
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#2194 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

I have a lot of time for Practical Photography - I might give this the once over.  Could do with a refresher on most things.

I subscribe to PP so I decide to sign up, as with yourself a bit of a refresher and something to force me to pick up the camera more often than I have been doing recently.

#2195 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:43 PM

Oh grow up, what is your problem?

#2196 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

Dorset/Devon whatever

Shadows taken in Yorkshite?

Motorway M62 in Yorkshite?
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#2197 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Dorset/Devon whatever

Shadows taken in Yorkshite?

Motorway M62 in Yorkshite?

Where people live? Brimham Rocks which you thought should win this month is where? I really can't see any conspiracy here.

Please view my photos.

#2198 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Camera School

Cheers, will give that a go. I've certainly plenty to learn! Might even subscribe to the mag.

In the meantime, here's a shot I took earlier this evening over looking my house, then a bit of a mess about with Photoshop. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to start with, but it seems to have ended up with a painting style effect to it, which I think quite suits the scene.

8655171027_35883265ff_c.jpg
Old Town_0039.JPG by 77gazza, on Flickr

Please view my photos.

#2199 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

Cheers, will give that a go. I've certainly plenty to learn! Might even subscribe to the mag.

In the meantime, here's a shot I took earlier this evening over looking my house, then a bit of a mess about with Photoshop. It wasn't a deliberate attempt to start with, but it seems to have ended up with a painting style effect to it, which I think quite suits the scene.

Old Town_0039.JPG by 77gazza, on Flickr

NIce shot.

PP usually has a subscription offer most months, this month its a free 5 in 1 reflector.

#2200 bulldog_paddy

bulldog_paddy
  • Coach
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

IMG_0025.jpg

Really pleased with this one, considering it was with a cheap point and shoot. Grainy I know but i just like the lighting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users