Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

• Please log in to reply
881 replies to this topic

#1 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:19 AM

First heavy snow of the winter is forecast for Thursday and Friday here on the dark side of the Pennines...followed by sunshine and cold air all weekend. Could be a fantastic time to be off work with the kids.

Bring it on!

#2 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,723 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:12 AM

It's snowing very lightly in Ipswich just now.

It's just heavy enough that you can see a few flakes so I'm expecting a travel broadcast of disruption and region-wide chaos if it continues for more than 10 minutes.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#3 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,959 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:27 AM

Few flakes in Chesham this morning, few more forecast. It's not meant to be heavy though.

It is however brass monkey cold.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:32 AM

QUOTE (gingerjon @ Dec 16 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Few flakes in Chesham this morning, few more forecast. It's not meant to be heavy though.

It is however brass monkey cold.

Had a few flakes in Hook (in Hampshire) this morning and last night
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 voteronniegibbs

voteronniegibbs
  • Coach
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

nowt doing in Hoodtown, it's just cold and damp

I much prefer warm and damp

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,073 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:55 AM

Snowing in Waltham Abbey now.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:04 PM

Jonathan Agnew on test match special seems to be quite amused that its snowing in London.

Not surpised as he is sitting in the South African sunshine watching the cricket dry.gif

#8 voteronniegibbs

voteronniegibbs
  • Coach
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:05 PM

Daily mash and the cockernee snow terrors

http://www.thedailym...w-200912162316/

#9 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Dec 16 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had a few flakes in Hook (in Hampshire) this morning and last night

Same in Farnborough.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#10 Saint Rich

Saint Rich
  • Coach
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:17 PM

Heavy snow in central London. Well, people seem to think so. 10 minutes of the stuff and it's not settled.

Honestly Mr Weather, if you're going to do a job, do it properly and snow hard!

#11 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Saint Rich @ Dec 16 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heavy snow in central London. Well, people seem to think so. 10 minutes of the stuff and it's not settled.

Honestly Mr Weather, if you're going to do a job, do it properly and snow hard!

That will mean all the busses off the road again then. More detail here: biggrin.gif

QUOTE (voteronniegibbs)
Daily mash and the cockernee snow terrors

http://www.thedailym...w-200912162316/

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#12 Rubber Schnib

Rubber Schnib
  • Coach
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Griff9of13 @ Dec 16 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That will mean all the busses off the road again then. More detail here: biggrin.gif

I currently have about 6 inches of snow, and it's minus 3 Celsius. Rest of the week is around -5 to -7 Celsius, probably with more snow.

Awesome! laugh.gif
Posted Image

#13 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Rubber Schnib @ Dec 16 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I currently have about 6 inches of snow, and it's minus 3 Celsius. Rest of the week is around -5 to -7 Celsius, probably with more snow.

Awesome! laugh.gif

Not in Farnboroough surely - we've only had about 20 minutes of the stuff today in Hook (in Hampshire)
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#14 Rubber Schnib

Rubber Schnib
  • Coach
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Dec 16 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not in Farnboroough surely

No no no, sorry. I'm a little further afield than that, my apologies for the misunderstanding!
Posted Image

#15 paley

paley
  • Coach
  • 18,197 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

Nowt in Queensbury yet. Honestly, what's the point in living 1200ft up if you don't get snow in December. Come on weather, sort it out
Join team TRL to help cure cancer http://vspx27.stanfo...e&teamnum=43780 Team number 43780

Team summary: http://folding.extre....php?s=&t=43780

#16 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (paley @ Dec 16 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nowt in Queensbury yet. Honestly, what's the point in living 1200ft up if you don't get snow in December. Come on weather, sort it out

you're too close to the sun up there - that's why Queensbury is know as being in the tropics - East anglia, that's where you want to be!

Posted Image

#17 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:45 PM

Just raining in stoke at the min. I'd love to see some snow but I hope its not too heavy over Xmas in swinton, wibsey or northowram over the Xmas weekend

#18 paley

paley
  • Coach
  • 18,197 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

Nice bit of snow in Queensbury overnight - nowt down in Sowerby Bridge though so lots of pointing at the car* on the way in to work.

* The snow on the car, not the car itself, Sowerby Bridge has had cars since last year
Join team TRL to help cure cancer http://vspx27.stanfo...e&teamnum=43780 Team number 43780

Team summary: http://folding.extre....php?s=&t=43780

#19 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:43 AM

Getting quite panicky Darn Sarf at the moment as there COULD be UP TO 10cm of snow in London tonight/tomorrow morning. rolleyes.gif

Talk of sending people home early/working from home tomorrow for those who have to drive in. rolleyes.gif

No word however to those of us who face a 250 mile journey tomoorow though. dry.gif

#20 Saint Rich

Saint Rich
  • Coach
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (Griff9of13 @ Dec 17 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Getting quite panicky Darn Sarf at the moment as there COULD be UP TO 10cm of snow in London tonight/tomorrow morning. rolleyes.gif

Excellent. My work Christmas party tonight, so this is a useful coincidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users