Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Im flying home for Christmas to East Midlands on the 24th and driving up to picturesque Fev to treat the better half to a wonderful YOrkshire Christmas.

Headline grabbing rhetoric apart, am I likely to encounter problems M1, M18, A1? Or do I really need to pack snow chains for the tyres? Or stay in Las Palmas (74

To be honest I have spent couple of days travelling over the M62 to york and skelton, and once I got past Oldham it was no problem at all.

Was listening to some god awful local yorkshire radio station (pulse or some such drivel)

and they were claiming 10cms of snow would fall immediately! dont leave the house etc etc

It was as sunny as you like at the time.

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

I am currently in the Alps and can tell you the reason why the snow causes road chaos in the UK: nobody has snow tyres.

plus we don't get taught how to drive in it. i learnt so much from a norwegian mate at the start of the year. i'm really looking forward to getting on the roads in jan when it'll be 4/5 feet deep. of course i'll die!

foxes or poor people?

Headline grabbing rhetoric apart, am I likely to encounter problems M1, M18, A1? Or do I really need to pack snow chains for the tyres?.

I've still managed to get to work on me pushbike if that helps.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Mash tells you how it is in Basingstoke

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society...?-200912222329/

minus 9 in the car this morning - hardly any chuffer in work

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

36C (97F) in Melbourne at the moment... and it's just gone 9pm :O

Heading up to Brisbane tomorrow for Xmas... gonna be a cool 30C on Xmas Day B)

Now don;t take this the wrong way but..................................

......###### off!!!!

:D

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Im flying home for Christmas to East Midlands on the 24th and driving up to picturesque Fev to treat the better half to a wonderful YOrkshire Christmas.

Headline grabbing rhetoric apart, am I likely to encounter problems M1, M18, A1? Or do I really need to pack snow chains for the tyres? Or stay in Las Palmas (74

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

What time are you arriving? Could be a bit of snow overnight tonight but motorways should be OK

About 6pm. You know what happens, you read a couple of websites and it sounds like the whole country is in an impassable gridlock of ice.

My dad said we should be fine till the bottom of our drive, which is an icy death trap. Ill just leave it on the kerb, it's only a hire car.

All this is assuming the airport's open.

minus 9 in the car this morning - hardly any chuffer in work

Same here in Farnborough (Hampshire). Think lots of people have said stuff it after the last couple of days. Thing is both last week & this I have managed to get here from home (Formby (Merseyside)) & back (though not back yet, that is to come this afternoon, but I'm sure those nice people at Virgin Trains are coping OK) no problem, it's the ones who live close by who seem to struggle.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Same here in Farnborough (Hampshire). Think lots of people have said stuff it after the last couple of days. Thing is both last week & this I have managed to get here from home (Formby (Merseyside)) & back (though not back yet, that is to come this afternoon, but I'm sure those nice people at Virgin Trains are coping OK) no problem, it's the ones who live close by who seem to struggle.

TO be fair I nearly didn;t come in today. My estate in Hook (Hampshire) hasn't been adopted by the council yet so the roads (downhill roads) are absolutely ridiculous. Getting home tonight will be fun if it doesn;t get above freezing today.

However, the walk down to the Crooked Billet was fine last night!

I am a snow god! Returned home to Formby (Merseyside) tonight from snow bound Hampshire, only for it to start snowing here within an hour of arriving like it's not done for years. Had about 2 inches in the last hour.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I am a snow god! Returned home to Formby (Merseyside) tonight from snow bound Hampshire, only for it to start snowing here within an hour of arriving like it's not done for years. Had about 2 inches in the last hour.

Crikey, it really did come down last night!

The good news is I get to build a snowman with the kids.... the bad news is the bloody in-laws are snowed in here with us. They've been here 5 days and were due to go home this morning but have decided they can't drive home, even though they only live in Bolton.

Not happy. :dry:

As you left beautiful Hampshire the snow was visibly melting - you really are a snow god

plus we don't get taught how to drive in it. i learnt so much from a norwegian mate at the start of the year. i'm really looking forward to getting on the roads in jan when it'll be 4/5 feet deep. of course i'll die!

:O That glass still half empty then Sam? :D

Bad here overnight. Main roads clear on way to Warrington this morning. Worst part of the journey was getting my car off the drive passing my neighbours car & praying not to hit it.

Came home from work to find my neighbour clearing the drive including my half.....think I need to pop round with a bottle of wine later :D

Edited by saintsbird

As you left beautiful Hampshire the snow was visibly melting - you really are a snow god

Does that mean the people in Hook (Hampshire) know their snow god?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.