you'd think someone had died looking at the bradford posts

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 965 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

they want to try relegation (twice) ang losing all the better playing assests you have.
rebuilding, yet still only being a yoyo club, until franchising.

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (snapski @ Jul 19 2010, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they want to try relegation (twice) ang losing all the better playing assests you have.
rebuilding, yet still only being a yoyo club, until franchising.

I think that's what they are trying
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, K√łbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

It's all doom and gloom at present for Bradford, but they have had many many happy seasons.
My club have always promised and never delivered, in my life time they have won a few cups, but i am proud of them.

Bradfords fall from grace is gaining momentum, they need to react now before they really do become a lesser club.

But remember bulls you have tasted success so have happy memories, most clubs would give their right arm for 1 SL trophy, never mind a trophy cabinet of all sorts.

#4 PC

PC
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

The issue is, if the Bulls keep going as they are they will die. They are not getting enough people through the turnstiles, and with the expense of the ground, that ain't good. On top of that, if the Bulls were to fail in a franchise bid, they would, I can almost guarantee, go out of business. No body has died, but the club is, at the moment, in a very real, terminal decline. As you can imagine, people are a little worried about this.

#5 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

You can't denude a team of all its best players - Fielden, Peacock, Lowes, Pryce, Vainokolo, Deacon, plus its best coach - Noble and expect the same perfomances. If anyone is to blame for Bradford's current plight it's Caisley - who's now long gone.
The Bulls have been in a decline since his departure. They are in a losing streak and to revive an argument from another thread, they don't look like top 8 contenders, so from the players' and fans' points of view what's the point?
Their season is effectively over. They should still be capable of beating the likes of Salford but it looks like they can't be bothered.
Was it only 2005 when they beat Leeds in the GF? With Lowes playing his last game, Pryce MOM. Peacock went to Leeds because Caisley told him he could F-off when he asked for more money. Noble and Fielden were allowed to go to Wigan without much of a fight. When you think of them in the early noughties, and look at them today - it's a case of how are the mighty fallen?
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

One thread "hahaha Bradford lose, excellent". Next thread "stop whining Bulls fans"... rolleyes.gif

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

Bradford probably need a little bit of a decline in order that the club as a whole gets a reality check.

A club is only as strong as its strength under adversity, when the silverware is coming in and with it supporters clubs get a false sense of security.

The potential at Bradford is there, the challenge for the club now is to attract supporters back without doing it on the back of trophies.

Both Warrington and Wigan have shown how a club can be resiliant and grow without silverware and in Yorkshire Huddersfield continue steady progress again without any pots to wave at the crowd.

A bit of a backroom clearout is probably needed to get people in with new ideas and with a different philosophy regarding what is success.

Settle for lean times and concentrate on a slow rebuild. Don't chase the fans you have recently lost they are not your future, connect with the young new fans, the recently lost willl drift back in time as things pick up.

In the words of the immortal Douglas Adams "Don't Panic"

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#8 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,961 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:42 PM

"Don't panic"

I thought that was Corporal Jones? biggrin.gif

Over to you, Captain Mainwaring!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#9 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (tonyXIII @ Jul 19 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Don't panic"

I'm sure i have seen Padge's name on the credits wink.gif (Dad's army that is)
what do you say Dave ohmy.gif

#10 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (tonyXIII @ Jul 19 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Don't panic"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#11 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 19 2010, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understood mate.
It was also slightly cheaper than the Encyclopedia Galactica. wink.gif
Of the possessions I made sure I had when I moved to be alone (ish), the hard back 5 volume trilogy was one of them. cool.gif
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#12 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (goldcard @ Jul 19 2010, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understood mate.
It was also slightly cheaper than the Encyclopedia Galactica. wink.gif
Of the possessions I made sure I had when I moved to be alone (ish), the hard back 5 volume trilogy was one of them. cool.gif

To right mate, your never alone with a 5 book trilogy of H2G2 books

#13 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,023 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

Geeks!

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#14 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Jul 19 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure i have seen Padge's name on the credits wink.gif (Dad's army that is)
what do you say Dave ohmy.gif

He wasn't Pike was he? (stupid boy laugh.gif )
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#15 Dennis Bloodnock

Dennis Bloodnock
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 19 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He wasn't Pike was he? (stupid boy laugh.gif )

If he was Pike l hope he never told them his name rolleyes.gif
I can speak Esperanto like a native.

#16 goldcard

goldcard
  • Coach
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 19 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Geeks!

Not at all.
Appreciate good writing and exceptional humour, and it's as likely to be true as any other theory ever written. wink.gif
Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.
Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)
Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....
And again!!!Posted Image
Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

#17 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,741 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Yes, showing concern when your club is going down the pan is just like thinking someone has died. dry.gif

Anyway, haven't you got a 'hooray cas and batley won' thread to look after?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#18 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 495 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 19 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both Warrington and Wigan have shown how a club can be resiliant and grow without silverware and in Yorkshire Huddersfield continue steady progress again without any pots to wave at the crowd.

All three clubs have very wealthy owners bankrolling them and allowing them to spend the full cap and invest in marketing and other off-field resources.

Its that that made the difference.

hth

#19 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Adeybull @ Jul 19 2010, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All three clubs have very wealthy owners bankrolling them and allowing them to spend the full cap and invest in marketing and other off-field resources.

Its that that made the difference.

hth

Im impressed you have access to all them 3 clubs accounts

What difference has it made, one CC win for Warrington, helluva difference

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#20 Adeybull

Adeybull
  • Coach
  • 495 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (Trojan @ Jul 19 2010, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can't denude a team of all its best players - Fielden, Peacock, Lowes, Pryce, Vainokolo, Deacon, plus its best coach - Noble and expect the same perfomances. If anyone is to blame for Bradford's current plight it's Caisley - who's now long gone.
The Bulls have been in a decline since his departure. They are in a losing streak and to revive an argument from another thread, they don't look like top 8 contenders, so from the players' and fans' points of view what's the point?
Their season is effectively over. They should still be capable of beating the likes of Salford but it looks like they can't be bothered.
Was it only 2005 when they beat Leeds in the GF? With Lowes playing his last game, Pryce MOM. Peacock went to Leeds because Caisley told him he could F-off when he asked for more money. Noble and Fielden were allowed to go to Wigan without much of a fight. When you think of them in the early noughties, and look at them today - it's a case of how are the mighty fallen?

Lowes' last game was 2003, though.

The Bulls have been in decline since they were forced to stop spending well beyond their means, with no sugar daddy to bankroll the losses. Caisley bailed out and Noble went when the massive overspending on their watch had to be curtailed else the club would have gone under. And with the club facing a £3m+ lawsuit from Leeds and having to sell star players. Nice legacy to leave your successors? You seek their monument? Look around you at Odsal sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users