TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Leeds Rhinos v St Helens

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will make it to Wembley (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will make it to Wembley

1. Leeds Rhinos (12 votes [35.29%])

Percentage of vote: 35.29%

2. St Helens (21 votes [61.76%])

Percentage of vote: 61.76%

3. Golden Point Extra Time (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

What price a certain Leeds fan will change his view on the Challenge Cup? wink.gif rolleyes.gif

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#82 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:23 PM

Enjoyable game was that, tense right to the end.

Congratulations Leeds.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#83 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Aug 7 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What price a certain Leeds fan will change his view on the Challenge Cup? wink.gif rolleyes.gif

Odds on.

Look at the players face's to see how much this CC means.

#84 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 7 2010, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EASY. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

with no stand off and scrum half........Leeds must be sh1t3

I got that wrong!!!!

#85 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Aug 7 2010, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
###### kick from Wilkin. Mistake from Meli showing his usual characteristics. leeds win. 32-28, it's all over.

Outdone by Wilkin by some distance today though.

Great game, better team won.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#86 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,152 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Aug 7 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, he's probably the only Leeds 'fan' cheering for Saints biggrin.gif

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#87 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

Superb game, thoroughly enjoyed it. Its amazing how players live up to their reputation though. First we get Bailey showing why many think hes such a muppet, then Wilkin does the same. Well done Leeds, probably just about deserved it.

#88 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

WEMBLEY,WEMBLEY,
WE'RE THE FAMOUS LEEDS RHINOS
AND WE'RE OFF TO WEMBLEY

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#89 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

I have to say when they said Leon was out my heart sank & I feared a tonking but everyone of those men in the red V did me proud. They played there heart out. In the end it showed no organisational half back to direct them properly. To stay within a try & be pressing near the end with a bit of composure could have led to a try is a fantastic effort.

Jamie Foster is such a talent & gets stronger by the day. Cant wait to see him develop more & is surely a future England winger.

Last point, MELI when you cross the try line down ##### about......PUT THE BLOODY BALL DOWN angry.gif (he makes my blood boil)

Well done Leeds

Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#90 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

Two things stood out for me today. The first was when they asked Keef about the medals he flogs on ebay and he looked suitably embarrassed. The second was when Clare Balding asked Justin Morgan how you nurture young players. I fully expected Justin to reply that he doesn't have to bother with anything like that because some guys back in Australia look after that sort of thing for Hull KR.

Edited by deluded pom?, 07 August 2010 - 04:36 PM.

rldfsignature.jpg

#91 motorface

motorface
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

Thanks Saintsbird, thought is was a really good game, I thought Leeds were a bit lucky at times but we just scraped through in the end. With Pryce and Eastmond playing it would probably have been a different outcome, but there you go, great semi whatever. I agree, what was Meli doing...he very nearly walked out of play!!

#92 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

Full credit to Saints, absolutely brilliant even without their top halfbacks, as soon as it was announced Pryce wasn't playing I thought we had a chance, the halfbacks were the difference today.Well done to both teams, lets hhope tomorrows game is as good.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 07 August 2010 - 06:03 PM.

#93 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (motorface @ Aug 7 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Saintsbird, thought is was a really good game, I thought Leeds were a bit lucky at times but we just scraped through in the end. With Pryce and Eastmond playing it would probably have been a different outcome, but there you go, great semi whatever. I agree, what was Meli doing...he very nearly walked out of play!!

Taking the pee perhaps.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#94 motorface

motorface
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

just too bad for him he wasn't taking the pee at the end wink.gif

#95 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE (motorface @ Aug 7 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just too bad for him he wasn't taking the pee at the end wink.gif

These things do have a habit of coming back to bite you on the bum wink.gif

#96 Cofi

Cofi
  • Coach
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Aug 7 2010, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WEMBLEY,WEMBLEY,
WE'RE THE FAMOUS LEEDS RHINOS
AND WE'RE OFF TO WEMBLEY

Congratulations!

Excellent game of RL. Really enjoyed it.

#97 Optimus

Optimus
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:22 PM

Awesome! Wembley at last! Can't wait.

My thoughts:

1. One stand completely closed, what was that about?

2. Leeds play like headless chickens and try to score on every play. When it works it's looks class and is very entertaining to watch, but the other 95% of the time it looks dreadful and I get a soar throat shouting at them, why do they do it?

3. Foster does have potential. God knows we need it in the outside backs.

4. Bailey has improved with age but why is he such a tool? He should just get on with playing and he may improve more.

5. Both teams showed how important the cup is to them, nerves for most of the first half and the start of the second, both sets of players out on their feet at the end. The cup is alive no matter what the nay sayers think!

6. Saints with Eastmond or Pryce would have beaten us today and we will need to improve to beat either Wazza or the Dragons come Final day.

Hope the Wire get their as it will be a sell out! Can't wait!
"Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nk*rs"
Laurie Dailey

#98 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Optimus @ Aug 7 2010, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome! Wembley at last! Can't wait.

My thoughts:

1. One stand completely closed, what was that about?

2. Leeds play like headless chickens and try to score on every play. When it works it's looks class and is very entertaining to watch, but the other 95% of the time it looks dreadful and I get a soar throat shouting at them, why do they do it?

3. Foster does have potential. God knows we need it in the outside backs.

4. Bailey has improved with age but why is he such a tool? He should just get on with playing and he may improve more.

5. Both teams showed how important the cup is to them, nerves for most of the first half and the start of the second, both sets of players out on their feet at the end. The cup is alive no matter what the nay sayers think!

6. Saints with Eastmond or Pryce would have beaten us today and we will need to improve to beat either Wazza or the Dragons come Final day.

Hope the Wire get their as it will be a sell out! Can't wait!

Showed his true colours today, rubs Moores head after he makes a mistake, Moores gives him the little slap and Bailey runs off like the coward he is. He really is a thick t1t.

Edited by markleeds, 07 August 2010 - 06:48 PM.

#99 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Cofi @ Aug 7 2010, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations!

Excellent game of RL. Really enjoyed it.

Diolch yn fawr iawn

#100 Mikeyg

Mikeyg
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (markleeds @ Aug 7 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Showed his true colours today, rubs Moores head after he makes a mistake, Moores gives him the little slap and Bailey runs off like the coward he is. He really is a thick t1t.

In Bailey's defence (not words I thought I'd ever write) Pretty sure that it was JJB who gave Moore the rub on the head. The ref called over the wrong guy for his little chat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users