Thanks on my retiring from Treiziste Diary

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Geoff Lee

Geoff Lee
  • Coach
  • 493 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

Cliff's idea or version of semi retirement will probably be something along the lines of only being socially active or involved for six and a half days a week, so let me also wish him all the best, from one old age pensionner to another.

Regarding trakl's reference to the champagne tourists, the excellent book "Champagne Rugby" written by Henri Garcia, originally published in French in 1961 and recently translated by Roger Grime on "The Golden Age of French Rugby League" is now available from London League Publications. Visit www.llpshop.co.uk for more details.

Edited by Geoff Lee, 06 September 2010 - 11:15 AM.

www.geofflee.net for news of my novels, One Winter, One Spring, One Summer, One Autumn and Two Seasons. All are written against a strong Rugby League background, set in South Lancashire and inspired by the old saying about work: "They could write a book about this place. It would be a best seller".

#22 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Geoff Lee @ Sep 6 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cliff's idea or version of semi retirement will probably be something along the lines of only being socially active or involved for six and a half days a week, so let me also wish him all the best, from one old age pensionner to another.

Regarding trakl's reference to the champagne tourists, the excellent book "Champagne Rugby" written by Henri Garcia, originally published in French in 1961 and recently translated by Roger Grime on "The Golden Age of French Rugby League" is now available from London League Publications. Visit www.llpshop.co.uk for more details.

Thanks both to you and to Futtocks - I haven't read Garcia's book and shall put that right forthwith! I still hope to read Harry Edgar's book one day - his writing on French rugby league was always the most vivid and, dare I say it, romantic writing to be found in those far-off days of Open Rugby. Cliff has been a worthy successor.

#23 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,661 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

Cliff

I fell in love with the French game through your words on here and in Treiziste Diary, absolutely brilliant coverage and colour. When I visited Treiziste France for the first time this summer, the places I visited were enlivened by the stories and information you have provided over many years. The column will be sadly missed but I look forward to reading your contributions on here for a long time to come.

All the best
Mark

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users