Four Nations 2016

I'm hoping anyway that the final will be contested better England and the Kiwis. Scenarios like that might just make the Aussies take the international game seriously. On paper though,it looks a bit far fetched.

England can certainly win the competition. Assuming a fixture list ever comes out...

Having said that it post tournament someone down under will point out that it was won by an England team with players from our (NRL) competition and our Coach. I remember having a conversation with "Dally Messenger" who was ecstatic that New Zealand had beaten Australia until I pointed out that in reality it was one group of NRL players beating another group of NRL players.

Still on the positive side it might give the Super League a feel good factor for a while...Until reality sinks in.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

I don't think the comp you play in is the issue, I think any English side winning anything is worth praising

I do agree we need some fixture dates and locations at some point

Perhaps the RFL have decided to spice things up and not tell anyone anything until the day before then we can all have the excitement of rushing round like headless chickens putting the rest of the world on hold - not!

Yes we can win it, but don't expect the England team to look too much like the one Mac played

The English aussies will all be picked

The team will probably be similar to:-

Hardaker - SL

Hall - SL 

Reed - NRL

Watkins - wanted by NRL clubs - SL

Burgess - NRL

Widdop - NRL

Wide open this one, Bennett will pick who he thinks is best for the spot so possibly an NRL player - there are a few in this position that qualify

Graham - NRL

Hodgson - NRL

G Burgess - NRL

S Burgess - NRL

Whitehead (if he has a good season) - NRL

Lockers - SL

Subs

Roby (if fit) - SL

Hill - SL

Ferres - if he recaptures his form - SL

Cooper - NRL

8 of the team AT LEAST will be NRL players, possibly more, I don't think Bennett will care as long as they qualify some how, and are quality players - none of his comments leave me believing he gives two hoots about our comp or even knows much about it - if he has better qualified players in the NRL they will be in the squad

So an interesting situation we find ourselves in, a real chance of winning something with a majority of the squad potentially playing in a different comp and the odd heritage player or two dropped in because we lack strength in depth out wide or in the halves

I bet that will wind some up, I think if we win I wouldn't care two hoots, but there needs to be meaningful development below and the Knights need to start playing again

Can England Finally Win It?

I really want them to, I'm sure they've enough players to compete but halves who control the game and worry the opposition?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I still don't think Eden is quite there yet and if he doesn't pull his socks up Bennett will drop him - he needs to be consistent like Reed - his consistency was always his main issue, brilliant one week poor the next

I know Bennet has mentioned Widdop a few times but hasn't said anything else about who might partner Widdop, so that's the obvious place to fill with a heritage player

Anyone in the NRL good enough who fits the bill - I don't watch it too often

Anyone in the NRL good enough who fits the bill - I don't watch it too often

So you think that the halves will be NRL no matter what Kris?

So you think that the halves will be NRL no matter what Kris?

I don't see who it could be, apart from Widdop. I think Daly Cherry Evans' mother is English but I also think he's still focussed on Qld and OZ. He shouldn't be eligible because he played for OZ  v NZ since the last WC.

I don't see who it could be, apart from Widdop. I think Daly Cherry Evans' mother is English but I also think he's still focussed on Qld and OZ. He shouldn't be eligible because he played for OZ  v NZ since the last WC.

That's what I  thought so I wondered who else it could be?

That's what I  thought so I wondered who else it could be?

Trent Hodgkinson - dad is English and was reported to have been pushing his son towards seeking an England shirt.

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/burybroncos/

Trent Hodgkinson - dad is English and was reported to have been pushing his son towards seeking an England shirt.

Hodkinson has never played for OZ so he might be a possibility but he's a similar style to Widdop so I can't see the point in having both. Josh Hodgson was good at half yesterday when the 6 went off injured.

I thought the switching rules didn't allow movement between the big 3 at all?

rldfsignature.jpg

England v New Zealand - Huddersfield

England v Scotland - Coventry

England v Australia - London (Queen Elizabeth Stadium).

I'll meet you and buy you a pint Sir.

so...as i thought.....it really IS you! Welcome back!!!!

I thought the switching rules didn't allow movement between the big 3 at all?

AFAIK, any player can switch after each WC or 2 years after he last played for a country. There is no distinction between countries in the rules. Rule 3.4 just says "another country"

http://www.rlif.com/about-rlif/laws_regulations

Hodkinson has never played for OZ so he might be a possibility but he's a similar style to Widdop so I can't see the point in having both. Josh Hodgson was good at half yesterday when the 6 went off injured.

So there could be other possibilities then?

Widdop needs to re access his game...his running sidewards and running players out of the game is getting beyond a joke now..

Let benji do the headless chicken running..

And does he take on the line enough to challenge NZ and Oz?

Archived