Batley match

Blue Pike

After the embarassment of Batleys defeat to London (fans needed a calculator to keep up )and the players donating their match fees to the travelling Batley fans I believe this sundays match will be a very close competative match and no easy affair.I am looking forward to going there and I hope the Fev fans turn out in numbers for this one which I think will be a thriller with the pressure of how much more money there is for finishing further up the table.

After watching us v Leigh last week with the team that we put out which was the bare bones and the best we couldve put out, and the way we performed I dont see any reason why we cant go out there and perform, and perform well

This is a game JS will have targeted to get a win from - players and fans probably chomping at the bit to get back into weekly rugby after a week off too

Looking forward to this one. Weather forecast for Sunday pretty good so should be a good turnout.

Interested to see 19 man squad. We had a few doubtful with injuries - hopefully the extra week off has helped?

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

See below. Foster the surprise inclusion. Not sure if that means it was just his injury that was keeping him out, or whether his inclusion is because Briggs is doubtful and we have no other recognised goal kicker, or whether we are simply down to the last 19 fit/eligible bodies on the squad.

Craven

Taulapapa

Briggs

Thackeray

Griffin

Snitch

Spears

Hardman

Ormondroyd

Day

Cooper

Tagg

Ellis

Hill

Foster

Briscoe

Baldwinson

Duckworth

Walters

Big game, this. If we win, there's every chance we will go to London for our final game with sixth place up for grabs to the winners, unless there's an upset against one of the SL teams. It seems very difficult finding a link to prize money for where every team finishes in the middle 8s, but last year IIRC there was over 200k difference between 6th and 7th.

Big game, this. If we win, there's every chance we will go to London for our final game with sixth place up for grabs to the winners, unless there's an upset against one of the SL teams. It seems very difficult finding a link to prize money for where every team finishes in the middle 8s, but last year IIRC there was over 200k difference between 6th and 7th.

Was anything 'official' published last year in regard to prize money vs finishing position? I don't remember seeing anything other than (speculation) on the usual forums.

Was anything 'official' published last year in regard to prize money vs finishing position? I don't remember seeing anything other than (speculation) on the usual forums.

No, I think you're right because I remember searching last year too and I only saw those figures mentioned on the odd forum. I put a message on the General Forum asking about this and it has loads of views but no replies so I suspect the figures have never been published. It seems ludicrous that we have a game today that, according to speculation on forums, could have big implications for both teams' funding next year, yet spectators are expected to attend these games whilst being kept in the dark about any funding implications.

Bottom of the pile where we belong and if it wasnt for the rhinos surplus to requirement boys we would probably be getting hammered by the likes of fax bulls eagles and god knows who else about now.

On a more positive note the end of season is nigh. Next up Salford who will most likely give us another battering. We need to offload and I do not mean the ball too many players not up to the task.

Further to my last post I feel we have too many older players seeing their time out even though some of them play well in comparison to some younger players.

Still on the rovers website a young looking Luke Cooper in our squad at a cool 42 I dont think so

dob: 28 July 1974.

In the second half we were CLUELESS in attack we were never gonna score in a month of sundays.We could have easily won by kicking the easy penalties but chose to try and score.50 grand thats cost us on a positive note JS must now know who is surplus to requirements for next season

Never knew cobb was a rover.

Disgusting.

13 v 14

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Reflecting on today, we made too many errors and made poor decisions at key times. Lots of effort, poor application. Having said that Batley made quite a few errors also.

If Briggs had played and Brambani missed think we would probably have won by 1 point.

Not hard to see where the missing pieces of the jigsaw are!

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

Well you cant blame JS for that

If theres anyone to blame its the 13 on the pitch at the time that discussed what to do and then turn away the kicking tee not once but twice

Once you can maybe forgive but twice - inexcuseable

Im not saying we wouldve won the game but making the score at least 12-7 is saying to Batley "not only do you have to score, you have to kick for the lead"

Low and behold they score, but right in the corner - he doesnt have to make that kick for them to take the lead and have the edge, he missed as we all saw

Now if hedve missed at 12-11 its a different story - Batley still have to chase the game and its still in our hands

There wasnt a lot in it today but the descision to spurn an easy two cost us today

If theres anyone to blame its the 13 on the pitch at the time that discussed what to do and then turn away the kicking tee not once but twice

Im not saying we wouldve won the game but making the score at least 12-7 is saying to Batley "not only do you have to score, you have to kick for the lead"

Low and behold they score, but right in the corner - he doesnt have to make that kick for them to take the lead and have the edge, he missed as we all saw

Now if hedve missed at 12-11 its a different story - Batley still have to chase the game and its still in our hands

There wasnt a lot in it today but the descision to spurn an easy two cost us today

This! Game management. Brambani and Walker out kicked you, which is exactly what Briggs has done to us this season! Interesting listening to Sharp on the radio after the match. There really was a lot at stake in that match, and should have been treated as a cup final.

The instructions from the coaching staff were quite clear about the 2 kickable penalties with the guy coming on with the kicking tee. Whoever it was that defied those instructions not once but twice should fully take responsibility for costing the club £50,000. Some dumb decisions made out there today.

M.J.Thornton

Can't believe that both coaches thought it was a really good game.Although both teams gave 100% in effort i thought the skill levels pretty poor.Lots of bad passes{mainly from us}and bad decision making.Forwards just about cancelled each other out.Don't know why Craven tried to pick up the ball while running in but a tap with his foot over the try line was the right option.Although i have enjoyed this season more than last we are still quite a bit short.If it is true we are offering Tansey 30G a year contract we must have cash to burn.

The instructions from the coaching staff were quite clear about the 2 kickable penalties with the guy coming on with the kicking tee. Whoever it was that defied those instructions not once but twice should fully take responsibility for costing the club £50,000. Some dumb decisions made out there today.

I agree lets not forget that a lot of kind hearted rovers fans bring jars of loose change in for the cause and the team has blown 50 grand to put this into insignifficance .

Bottom of the pile where we belong and if it wasnt for the rhinos surplus to requirement boys we would probably be getting hammered by the likes of fax bulls eagles and god knows who else about now.

On a more positive note the end of season is nigh. Next up Salford who will most likely give us another battering. We need to offload and I do not mean the ball too many players not up to the task.

YOU ARE DISSRESPECTING THE YOUNG PLAYERS THAT HAVE CARRIED US PART OF THE SEASON WITH COMMENTS LIKE THAT WE DID REALLY WELL TO MAKE THE FOUR...WOULD YOU RATHER WE WERE WINNING THE SHIELD ? PLAYING IN FRONT OF 900 PEOPLE OR COMPETING AND LEARNING AT THIS LEVEL...POOR DECISIONS COST US TODAY WELL DONE BATLEY WE DUST OURSELVES DOWN AND GO AGAIN.....

I think its easy to be wise after the event with these situations. Had we have scored a try it would probably have won us the game. What I didn't understand was that after we went behind, we showed no signs of trying to set up a drop goal despite being in an ideal position on at least a couple of occasions in those closing stages. I reckon in terms of our quest for 6th spot, the final table will show that a draw would have been as good as a win today.

Archived