Why the Salford Red Devils should remain just that.

I say this every single time someone insists a name change will result in 1,000's on the crowd.

Do Manchester RU get bigger crowds than Sale?

Did the Manchester name help Storm and prevent them going bust?

They need to fix the issues around access, game day experience and affordability first.

Deal with the stadium company more aggressively.

The cost of food and drink, cost of parking, booking fees are all turns offs is you need want to visit as a family.

The name is just a poor excuse for people in the club who have failed to grasp the needs and expectations of supporters.

This ^^^^^

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

16 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

They need to fix the issues around access, game day experience and affordability first.

The cost of food and drink, cost of parking, booking fees are all turns offs is you need want to visit as a family.

The name is just a poor excuse for people in the club who have failed to grasp the needs and expectations of supporters.

Robbie Paul was employed by the club to deal with such , he needs to step up.

19 hours ago, johnh1 said:

If they change the name to Manchester, they will lose all existing Salford fans, including me. Not many of us, admittedly, but at least there is something to build on, rather than nothing.

Bang on Salford is a proud city in it's own right,read the book Scuttlers  of Manchester and at weekends the gangs from Salford and Manchester would fight at Greengate.No love lost between them.Manchester is big enough and it is only through United and City that Rugby League has never taken off .Despite Fallowfield and Belle Vue Rangers.

1 hour ago, Southerner said:

They should do more work in Machester to promote the club, i.e. free camps, school visits etc....

If you checked out the work that the club/staff/players are doing in the community you will see that they are doing everything that you are suggesting in your post.

4 minutes ago, WSCR said:

If you checked out the work that the club/staff/players are doing in the community you will see that they are doing everything that you are suggesting in your post.

They will have to wait a while to get the full benefits of what they are doing now, but if they persist which i know they will, but in the mean time various benefits will come through with talented youngsters. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The good doctor to his credit has put a lot into trying to make the club a success on and off the pitch, and in the end it will come.

Short term gain long term pain.

Short term pain long term gain.

On 11/05/2017 at 7:32 PM, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

That makes sense to me. London's experience since they have moved to Trailfinders might be relevant here. 

Do you feel that Salford lost a significant part of their hardcore support when they moved to the new ground?

Archived