15 Apr: SL: Castleford Tigers v Catalans Dragons KO 3.30pm

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Catalans Dragons
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/04/18 at 14:30

Just now, snapski said:

Massive big up to Stuart Vause and his team for getting the pitch in such a great state.

our pack looks formidable right now. Great strength in depth. Get Eden fit and anything’s possible.

Cas are slowly creeping through the pack. Games in hand and back in the top 4. 

47 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

The only reason that I can see McNamara still being coach by this time next week is that the Cats can't afford to pay off his contract. Either that or Guasch can't be bothered any more.

Nothing that a bit of high altitude training can't put right and besides the world cup factor will take a few months to subside obviously.

Cheers for the highlights Hvy wg, they say more about the game.

Cas looked good.  Powerful in the forwards, exceptionally good close range kicking game, solid defence.  Gale, Mcshane, Millington, Holmes and Young Trueman all superb.

Catalan look a mess to be honest.  Firstly selection,  In Mead they have a very good attacking full back, who played at left centre.  Cas have Webster, Roberts and Wardle as the inside defenders to were Mead was attacking he was never going to get much joy.  Didnt get any better when the game kicked off.  Dominated in the tackle,  barely troubled in attack and an absolute inability to to defend any close range kick (although to be fair Gales kicking was brilliant).  Catalans undoubtedly need McNamara gone ASAP.

35 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Cheers for the highlights Hvy wg, they say more about the game.

Cas looked good.  Powerful in the forwards, exceptionally good close range kicking game, solid defence.  Gale, Mcshane, Millington, Holmes and Young Trueman all superb.

Catalan look a mess to be honest.  Firstly selection,  In Mead they have a very good attacking full back, who played at left centre.  Cas have Webster, Roberts and Wardle as the inside defenders to were Mead was attacking he was never going to get much joy.  Didnt get any better when the game kicked off.  Dominated in the tackle,  barely troubled in attack and an absolute inability to to defend any close range kick (although to be fair Gales kicking was brilliant).  Catalans undoubtedly need McNamara gone ASAP.

Cas kicking game wasn't that good, it was a case of us being woeful. Tierney, Thornley and Broughton just clueless, sometimes didn't even bother to jump!

McNamara has no clues.

29 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Cas kicking game wasn't that good, it was a case of us being woeful. Tierney, Thornley and Broughton just clueless, sometimes didn't even bother to jump!

McNamara has no clues.

I'd disagree regards the kicking. Gale was placing them perfectly, caused plenty of repeat sets as well as the tries.  Can't remember a single Cas attacking kick going dead.  With a kinder bounce of the ball could have had a couple of 40/20's too. 

I do agree that Catalans atempts to field them were woeful though, makes the decision to play Mead at centre (and pick Thornley at all) seem even odder to me.  Gales kicking game had to be good to ask the questions,  Catalan atempts to answer them (or none atempts in some cases) were pitiful.

16 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

The only reason that I can see McNamara still being coach by this time next week is that the Cats can't afford to pay off his contract. Either that or Guasch can't be bothered any more.

I think they should hold off for a couple of weeks.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived