What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stringman, a very rare Neil Young that he did on MTV Unplugged.

Nice song.

Most of the MTV Unplugged series was dire but Young's performance was excellent.

I think I've still got it on VHS somewhere.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Most of the MTV Unplugged series was dire but Young's performance was excellent.

I think I've still got it on VHS somewhere.

Have it on DVD. I have absolutely every Neil Young album ever released bar compilations and Time Fades Away (but have this on Vinyl). Looking forward to the next set of Archives too as they cover my favourite Neil Young era, 73-77.

I met a Norwegian journo once who was not only at the Unplugged show but was also present at the Pearl Jam and George Michael shows too.

Have it on DVD. I have absolutely every Neil Young album ever released bar compilations and Time Fades Away (but have this on Vinyl). Looking forward to the next set of Archives too as they cover my favourite Neil Young era, 73-77.

I met a Norwegian journo once who was not only at the Unplugged show but was also present at the Pearl Jam and George Michael shows too.

That must be a heck of a lot of albums given the bloke's output over the years.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I have every one of his albums bar one (see below) plus a few vinyl bootlegs (including an acoustic one from Amsterdam around the time of Tianamen Square which is fantastic) but I absolutely refuse to buy the SHOCKING PINKS album. What was he thinking.

Unfortunately I haven't been allowed to buy a playstation so the Archives are on hold. :(

As a side note went to see Band of Horses on Monday night in Wolverhampton and they were fantastic. More worryingly another very high beard quotient - 80% plus.

I have every one of his albums bar one (see below) plus a few vinyl bootlegs (including an acoustic one from Amsterdam around the time of Tianamen Square which is fantastic) but I absolutely refuse to buy the SHOCKING PINKS album. What was he thinking

I think it was to do with Geffen Records telling him what to record in their search for Harvest mkII.

He was then told to do a Rock n'Roll album so . . . he did :D

I like that album 'Everybody's Rockin'. Good fun.

Howard Tate - You don't know nothing about Love

Wayne Toups & Zydecajun - Sugar Bee

Dr John - Save the Bones for Henry Jones

Frank Zappa - Proto-Minimalism

Sly & Robbie - Fire

Robert Ward & the Ohio Untouchables - Your Love is amazing

Joe Jackson - Steppin' out (live)

Thelonius Monk & John Coltrane - Blue Monk

Dr Hook & the Medicine Show - High flying Eagle

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I'm having this, for sure. Top notch - and that's a fact!!!

How I loved that band, and still do.

They made such perfect punk/pop records I could never understood why they didn't sell records by the truckload. I said that to my wife once, and she said something along the lines of you might like them but songs about chainsaw massacres, sniffing glue, turning tricks and heroin addiction aren't everybody's cup of tea.

How I loved that band, and still do.

They made such perfect punk/pop records I could never understood why they didn't sell records by the truckload. I said that to my wife once, and she said something along the lines of you might like them but songs about chainsaw massacres, sniffing glue, turning tricks and heroin addiction aren't everybody's cup of tea.

no it seems todays kids are more interested in wearing bling, f*cking bitches, shooting each other and taking coke n pills

funny they sell by the ###### load, says alot for society.

this wk i've bin listening to

dizzee rascal

n dubz

50 cent

eminem

i jest.

Sat in the extension listening to Mudcrutch while reading my copy of Hi-Fi World. Big Brother on the the front room and that's were its going to stay ;)

You lads in Hull sure live life to the max, Hi-Fi World in the extension ffs (an extension is Hull-speak for outside bog)