What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just arrived today:

• Ry Cooder - Pull up some Dust and sit down. 180g vinyl + CD.

• Honey Ltd - The Complete LHI Recordings. 180g vinyl again, and at a bargain price for a brand new LP.
Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Honey Ltd - The Complete LHI recordings. Finally reissued after all these years, an original pressing can cost well into 4 figures. Four-part female vocal harmonies, singing summery psychedelic folk-pop. It's wonderful!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is an odd one - Dolly Parton's 'Jolene', but slowed down as if from 45rpm to 33.33rpm. It sort of works, in an ominous way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzYHllLv_IE

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just ordered the new Robert Randoplh album, with guest appearances from Carlos Santana and Trombone Shorty. Looking forward to this a lot! :) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is an odd one - Dolly Parton's 'Jolene', but slowed down as if from 45rpm to 33.33rpm. It sort of works, in an ominous way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzYHllLv_IE

Whoa.  That's brilliant.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just arrived:

• Lee Hazlewood - Trouble is a lonesome Town

• Paul Simon - Paul Simon
  • Robert Randolph & the Family Band - Lickety Split

From the latter, here's 'Take the Party', featuring Trombone Shorty.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A really top quality set from the Human League at Bingley last night. Ultra polished but genuine warmth towards the audience. Surprisingly, I'd never seen them before.

Oh, and rest assured boys, after all these years, Susan Sulley is still a Definitely Would.

B)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

As my local second-hand store has closed its doors and become online only :( , I made my first visit to Alan's Records in East Finchley on Saturday. The Northern Line was out, so it took quite a while. Apart from the boxes being, in many cases, too tightly packed for easy browsing, I liked the place.

The haul:

• Curtis Mayfield - We come in Peace with a Message of Love
  • Dion - Streetheart
  • Dusty Springfield - Sings Burt Bacharach & Carole King
  • Julie London - In Person
  • Lou Rawls - At last
  • The Dictators - Bloodbrothers

My new cartridge is breaking in nicely with this lot. :)

Ralph Waldo Emerson

As my local second-hand store has closed its doors and become online only :( , I made my first visit to Alan's Records in East Finchley on Saturday. The Northern Line was out, so it took quite a while. Apart from the boxes being, in many cases, too tightly packed for easy browsing, I liked the place.

The haul:

• Curtis Mayfield - We come in Peace with a Message of Love
  • Dion - Streetheart
  • Dusty Springfield - Sings Burt Bacharach & Carole King
  • Julie London - In Person
  • Lou Rawls - At last
  • The Dictators - Bloodbrothers

My new cartridge is breaking in nicely with this lot. :)

Handsome Dick Manitoba has got to be one of the best all time front man names.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Handsome Dick Manitoba has got to be one of the best all time front man names.

Truly a renaissance man - singer, former pro wrestler and food writer!

Ralph Waldo Emerson