paley

What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

Brutal Truth - Denial of Existence

I saw them at Rio's in Bradford ages ago - I do love this sort of music when done well - and this is done well

Edited by paley

Sorry but can't do a linky for You tube - connection too slow here.

Morgan Heritage rehearsing in my hotel.

Ites!

That was ace. Thanks. I love that mellow jazz, it's brilliant. :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I bought a remastered CD of The Band - Music From the Big Pink t'other day - it's such a a great album. I used to love it years ago but hadn't listened to it in ages - getting back into it now.

The Ukrainians- Respublika

Keeping it in the family- my brother is the bass player

Ramshackle punk rock covers for all the family..............www.facebook.com/kerpunkuk

That was ace. Thanks. I love that mellow jazz, it's brilliant. :D

So What?

;)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

I bought a remastered CD of The Band - Music From the Big Pink t'other day - it's such a a great album. I used to love it years ago but hadn't listened to it in ages - getting back into it now.

Excellent album, that.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Beatles fans should really really check out this download!

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

I'm off to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs in Manchester tonight.... hurrah!

Here's their new single 'Zero'....

:lol:

Edited by Mistress_Marlowe

MM,

Thanks for the links to the Miles Davis and John Coltrane stuff. I don't get to listen to much jazz these days, but I really like some forms of jazz (not all - I'm not keen on trad for example, or the more outrageously avant-garde stuff). Miles Davis, though, was brilliant.

So was John Coltrane. In fact, tenor sax is my favourite sound. I tried to learn how to play it years ago, but I was unable to devote enough time to it and abandoned the exercise after six months. Love the sound, though.

Thanks again.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

MM,

Thanks for the links to the Miles Davis and John Coltrane stuff. I don't get to listen to much jazz these days, but I really like some forms of jazz (not all - I'm not keen on trad for example, or the more outrageously avant-garde stuff). Miles Davis, though, was brilliant.

So was John Coltrane. In fact, tenor sax is my favourite sound. I tried to learn how to play it years ago, but I was unable to devote enough time to it and abandoned the exercise after six months. Love the sound, though.

Thanks again.

How about

Do you like much of his? Edited by Mistress_Marlowe

:D

I've been listening to tracks downloaded (for free) from The Piano Society. They're not really professional-quality recordings, but you can get a good taste of the music. So far, I've downloaded stuff by Villa-Lobos, Ketelbey, Dukas and Ginastera. :)