What Are You Listening To - The Reckoning

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

In a single malt influenced sunday afternoon

I know you're drifting in and out of focus!

But here's a chaser.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Robin the punk ?

Okay I'm game give us your music origins and we'll provide the stereotype clothes an'all!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just now, Oxford said:

Okay I'm game give us your music origins and we'll provide the stereotype clothes an'all!

I missed the punk era , I was in NZ listening mostly to American soft rock on the radio 

2 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I'm 59, but I have friends and siblings much older than me so whilst I embraced the punk era when it came, I also have roots in hippydom, 60s west coast American sound ... byrds love etc, a little progressive (tho not much) and the british 70s metal scene..... you know the drill.... air guitar, advertising space on the back of a (Levi straus) denim jacket, hair and amps that went to 11.

I was never a new romantic... the lipstick and eyeliner wasnt for me and barring one or two notable exceptions, the 80s were of little consequence until the likes of john Squire picked up a guitar..   then it started rocking again.

The 80s were dwarfed by the decades either side of it for music in my most subjective and generalised opinion.

Guitar music... rock god or indie jangles.... I'm mad for it....

• Haha 1