RL Challenge cup to be removed from protected TV list

Mark Ashton

SKY IS MURDOCH, THE SUN NEWSPAPER IS MURDOCH, MURDOCH IS THE DEVIL INCARNATE, OR HAS EVERYONE FORGOT THE LIES HE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR IN 1984! HE DESTROYED TOWNS LIKE FEATHERSTONE THEN, AND HE DESTROYED CLUBS LIKE FEATHERSTONE ROVERS IN 1995. SINCE THEN SKY HAS BEEN THE MAJOR FACTOR IN TAKING THE GAME AWAY FROM SUPPORTERS IN FAVOUR OF THE MEN IN SUITS.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also despise everything to do with SKY because they have ruined a wonderful summer of Ashes cricket by taking it off terrestrial TV. The game took off in popularity after the 2005 Ashes. Sky might have brought more money to the game one one hand but I bet the sponsorship and endorsements will be down on 2005?

SKY IS MURDOCH, THE SUN NEWSPAPER IS MURDOCH, MURDOCH IS THE DEVIL INCARNATE, OR HAS EVERYONE FORGOT THE LIES HE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR IN 1984! HE DESTROYED TOWNS LIKE FEATHERSTONE THEN, AND HE DESTROYED CLUBS LIKE FEATHERSTONE ROVERS IN 1995. SINCE THEN SKY HAS BEEN THE MAJOR FACTOR IN TAKING THE GAME AWAY FROM SUPPORTERS IN FAVOUR OF THE MEN IN SUITS.

Are you saying you don't think much of Murdoch?

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

i take some comfort in steve's comments. At least now i don't feel so alone. I know oldrover won't do sky either, so i'm sort of happy in my grumpyness about sky now!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

i take some comfort in steve's comments. At least now i don't feel so alone. I know oldrover won't do sky either, so i'm sort of happy in my grumpyness about sky now!

selective grumpyness tho rob eh ;)

There are no strangers at Post Office Road, only friends who haven't met.

well of course it's selective grumpyness! I can't be grumpy about everything all the time!!

i've seen you when you've been feeling grumpy. you got kicked out of the pantomime.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

i've seen you when you've been feeling grumpy. you got kicked out of the pantomime.

no that's because he felt Happy

I too cancelled SKY in 1995 and I still do not have it, however, that's my personal choice and it's up to each person to decide for themselves.

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

The reason we have teams like London, catalans, the crusadors is simply to do with the expansion of the national game. The RFL are trying to build the same support the RFU have for their national game, as they see this as the big money earner. My view is it will never work, but try telling them that.

As for sky I dont believe they are as bad as people make out. They have put a lot of money into the game and I do not believe it is their fault that it has been miss managed by clubs and the RFL. As people have mentioned their is no financial gain for them in having teams in london or wales so it makes no sense to think they are the ones stipulating this, as I said earlier it the the RFL who see the international stage as such an important factor.

I do however believe sky are responsible for some bad things, ie video refs, and thursday night fixtures, but on the whole it is the Clubs and the RFL who have miss managed a once in alife time oppertunity to take the money sky put in and build a stronger and better game. :rolleyes:

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

as i understand it, one of the conditions of the sky deal was that a london team was included in sl. They made no stipulation that a welsh team be included, that was the rfl's commissioning i believe.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

as i understand it, one of the conditions of the sky deal was that a london team was included in sl. They made no stipulation that a welsh team be included, that was the rfl's commissioning i believe.

They were also kean for RL to move to summer as they did not have at that time a major British sport to fill there schedules. For me and i think some others on here, it isn't just skys treatment of our game it goes back far further than that. I have taken a stand for political and moral reasons. these things don't reduce with time if you intend to stay loyal to your beliefs.

Edited by DMS

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

I've a feeling that most of us may be hypocrites from time to time. I won't have SKY for the reasons I quoted earlier, but whenever I visit my daughters I grab the SKY+ remote and watch re-runs of Rovers games. I also watched the Barrow Northern Rail Cup semi live on SKY, and was grateful to, because it was too far to travel on a Thursday evening.

So there are some good things and bad things, but I just hope that when technology takes another leap foward with digital channels, and broadband speed are even higher, even in remote villages, that the TV ombudsman will ensure that everyone has the right to watch all forms of sport for a small and fair one-off fee without having to pay an exorbitant monthly fee to not watch golf and tennis.

Its a right pile of ###### Robin. I will admit to having the dreaded dish, but basically I watch the boxing and the wife cricket and tennis. Thats basically it. I cant do with all the sex and rolling about in bed ( on the box I mean).

Its a right pile of ###### Robin. I will admit to having the dreaded dish, but basically I watch the boxing and the wife cricket and tennis. Thats basically it. I cant do with all the sex and rolling about in bed ( on the box I mean).

Cancel your subscription to Channel X then Bob and save some money :lol::lol:

The weak conform, the strong survive.