Leigh v Featherstone

Stratobill

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I PUT ANDY !!!! DIDNT I ?

ANDY !!!!

Dont worry !!! I wont be posting on here again AS BLUBEARD and to be honnest i couldnt give a flying fck what you think

It stills says Bluebeard as the poster and even when you were bluebeard you still put Andy DIDNT YOU

No need for the aggressive tone i always supported you when you were Bluebeard and thought you did a great job, i dont know why you arnt doing it anymore, i just think it wont do the club anygood at all to see bluebeard posting on a forum slating the club off.

i think everyone is missing a big point here...the team today was very close to the strongest team we have...why is everyone slagging dp saying he aint taking this comp serious??hes stated he is..the team was a strong one...so blame the players..things didnt come off..simple as...see you next week (the real fans that is)

i think everyone is missing a big point here...the team today was very close to the strongest team we have...why is everyone slagging dp saying he aint taking this comp serious??hes stated he is..the team was a strong one...so blame the players..things didnt come off..simple as...see you next week (the real fans that is)

My bold = thats not fair as Malcolm Dixon once told my dad " You pay your money Derek, you're entitled to have an opinion." Real fans surely are able to criticse as well as praise?

DP doesn't care about the Northern Rail Cup then neither do i, he's displayed appalling management in the last week in my opinion. Batley will be the next match i'll be attending.

Spot on me to why should I be bothered when the Management don't seem to be

Outmuscled

Outthought

Outmanoeuvred

Outenthused

Outstandingly poor

Outofpocket

Even our try was a bounced ball, not seen by the Ref.

Well done to Leigh

GUESS YOU'VE BEEN "OUTED" BUD :D ......joking apart every "out" is right..one of our directors even had the audacity to suggest our 6 & 7 should be playin wed nite v HKR in u21's B) ...hang on though..he has the makings of a good coach! ;)

No chance of Super League in YEARS! not unless somebody wins the lottery. Hard work can only get you so far.

So why is everyone getting so wound up about a mickey mouse trophy like the NR Cup?

Matt - send us some players from Tonga

This ropey start is not the end of the world, we've come back from worse than this before, the league is all that matters and a decent playoff run, not this worthless, pointless pre season mickey mouse cup, or do you truly beleive we have a chance to get in SL and progression in this cup will give us a free ticket in! NO IT WONT!!

Maybe Daryl sees this as a chance to get to know who he has and what they bring to the party as he didn't get chance before because of the weather. You've got to lose a few battles to win a war!

Lets get behind the lads and do our bit to lift the team! A few positives instead of all this constant tripe wouldn't go amiss!

What worries me is the gloating satisfaction some on here would have if we did end up in a relegation battle. Do you not think life is far too short to have such a negative attitude, try taking a positive view on things, take a deep breath and just think how lucky you are to be able to watch your team on a Sunday as there's plenty of people that don't get the chance.

This ropey start is not the end of the world, we've come back from worse than this before, the league is all that matters and a decent playoff run, not this worthless, pointless pre season mickey mouse cup, or do you truly beleive we have a chance to get in SL and progression in this cup will give us a free ticket in! NO IT WONT!!

Maybe Daryl sees this as a chance to get to know who he has and what they bring to the party as he didn't get chance before because of the weather. You've got to lose a few battles to win a war!

Lets get behind the lads and do our bit to lift the team! A few positives instead of all this constant tripe wouldn't go amiss!

What worries me is the gloating satisfaction some on here would have if we did end up in a relegation battle. Do you not think life is far too short to have such a negative attitude, try taking a positive view on things, take a deep breath and just think how lucky you are to be able to watch your team on a Sunday as there's plenty of people that don't get the chance.

i dont see it as mickey mouse Mick.there's too little to play for as it is.i believe we have (or did,depending on your'e degree of optimism) a real chance of getting to the NRC final given decent draws.i believe the GF is just out of reach as a couple of others (fax,barra etc) are better equipped .and im sure the BOD dont see it as a nuisanse value! ;)

True enough Gaz take your point it is silverware id rather we had, but there's no point everone moaning about it to the extent on show on here. All we can do is support whats there to support all this moaning is doing no good whatsoever. We now have to make the best of what is available to us and get the side banging on all cylinders for the league. Sheffield was the game we should have won and we didn't, we had enough chances to win 2 games!. Leigh away was always going to be a tricky one and i didn't think we'd win there, with a squad this big our preparation has been no where near adequate, but we cant book the weather, so now need to use every game for preperation for the league, Super League will just have to wait..

forget the fact that this was the northern rail cup. what we had was a squad of 17 players, all deemed good enough for first team duty.D.P.has assembled this squad and it will be down to him to make it work. diid we sign finn because he was considered a suitable replacement for Harris, or because he was player of the year in div.2. did we sign the papuans because they are top players in positions where were weak, or because the are papuans and that means they're good. did we get the lads from leeds because they were seen as top young prospects who could improve our team, or simply because they are with leeds so they must be good. i don't know the answer, but we must assume that DP did not just sign these players willy nilly and so he must be given chance to mould this squad into what he wants. if he turns things around and gets us to where we want to be, good coach. if he fails, well, you know how it works................

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

forget the fact that this was the northern rail cup. what we had was a squad of 17 players, all deemed good enough for first team duty.D.P.has assembled this squad and it will be down to him to make it work. diid we sign finn because he was considered a suitable replacement for Harris, or because he was player of the year in div.2. did we sign the papuans because they are top players in positions where were weak, or because the are papuans and that means they're good. did we get the lads from leeds because they were seen as top young prospects who could improve our team, or simply because they are with leeds so they must be good. i don't know the answer, but we must assume that DP did not just sign these players willy nilly and so he must be given chance to mould this squad into what he wants. if he turns things around and gets us to where we want to be, good coach. if he fails, well, you know how it works................

Well summed up. It was a game to be taken seriously. But neither the coach nor the players did by all accounts. It has to be sorted before it becomes an irreversible problem.

It's a strange old game. After last week (at York) we were all talking about relegation. This week, some of you guys are. In reality, it's early days yet, so keep the faith, support your team, and good luck - except in the two Championship games against us, obviously!

P.S. We may just be talking relegation again, after Dewsbury, next week!!

Bang on the nail there Mick. Having a go after a match is fair enough but please lets have a bit of common sense. We have played 2 games and they haven't gone our way, there will be more during the season. But to talk of relegation battles and not getting in the play-offs is a bit premature.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Why are people getting wound up about a mickey mouse cup?

Well for starters its a competition where we made the semi finals last season and a competition that our coach has said he would like to win. To fall at the first hurdle (yes I know we can still qualify but its unlikely) is not really good enough.

After a drubbing all of sudden its "oh its only the northern rail it doesn't matter anyway". With rumours that we haven't got a pot to p%ss in as well, the income would have been handy, especially after losing the pre-season income. If its not a serious competition, why do we have to pay full whack to get in? Why do players get paid the same money as if its a league game?

Yes its not a top priority but when you can't beat an experimental Sheffield side at home (who are famous for not taking the competition seriously) and getting tonked against Leigh then I think people have the right to have a moan.

Hopefully, we'll sort ourselves out for the leauge proper, but just to dismiss the performances in the NR is a bit daft. The coaching staff and players are on decent brass and are meant to be quality, time they showed it.

18-6 to Leigh. I can see a relegation battle this season, just got a bad feeling especially if our home form is as bad as last season.

I hope your predictions are as good as your confidence in the team. You predicted the same thing last year!!!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Rarefith you need to get back on them valiums mate they are wearing off!

The match was utterly rubbish, I think fev lions could have put a better show on, but i felt confident of a win with the squad we had against a leigh team who had a point to prove after last week. We look unsettled and had no answers for a leigh team that played well, and thanks to the fans from batley, leigh and sheffiled who have come on to support us, your showing us a bit of common sense.

Powel has shown he is a capable coach. He always 'talks the talk' and i always agree with his post match comments, he seems to know what is not working, so thats a plus.

Not sure if he knows how to rectify these issues though but he has this season to prove himself. Some of the new players dont seem to be providing value for money, but then again harris didnt until the last few matchs he was the leagues most expensive water boy!

I have high hopes this season still, and even though ive moved into my first house in sheffield and cant even afford a hoover yet ill still be going to at least all the home matches (cant wait to save up for the new shirt!) dont write them off, we should have easilly beaten shefield and with a bit more application we will improve. Kain was poor, had some shockers last season but was still named in our divisions first 13 - we have some quality players with a lot of experience we can still do it!

UP THE ROVERS!

Tell Widnes and Barrow that the N R Cup is just a Mickey Mouse event. I was in Blackpool on the day of the final and it made me quite envious to see the two sets of supporters getting on with each other with their friendly banter. It gives a club pride and prestige and the fans a fun day out. Daryl Powell needs to put this pride into the players for the Rochdale game. I'm bitterly disappointed but I'll still be their on Sunday. So just make sure the rest of US MOANERS ARE.

Leigh for one!!!!

out of the 17 that played on sunday 4 are "new" signings then there was 2 of the "dual contract" players used.

hardly half a squad.

BTW there was no one more surprised by Leigh than the Leigh supporters on sunday ;)

just what is your major malfunction?