today.

Not our best today, but we all have seen worse. To me it is quite simple, if we had lost, then i would now be having a right rant.

But we won and that is fact, 3 points and Leigh lost too. = 3 points on TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

So keep it going lads, next mission, stuff Fax at their place !!!

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE,,,SAY WE'RE TOP OF THE LEAGUE; Good post Genesis we're never satisfied.

Obviously a different one to the bald touch judge, dont know Dewsbury fans can say they were robbed and keep a straight face.

The bald touch judge came on when the dewsbury player put the ball down to play it and a fev player pulled it back with his hand. guess like mr hewer you missed that, or you just see what you want to see :P

we cant all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by

come on you rams

The bald touch judge came on when the dewsbury player put the ball down to play it and a fev player pulled it back with his hand. guess like mr hewer you missed that, or you just see what you want to see :P

How many times have you ever seen a touch judge do that before? Probably never. I wonder why he didn't come trotting in on his horse when Dewbury knocked on twice and then received head and feed at the scrum, who knows. At the end of the day the officials were incompetent, rather than biased. You played well and lost, blaming the officials won't change that instead look at the positives and take them in to the 9 games you have left to play and you'll comfortabley be clear of Whitehaven and Keighley.

Yeah we were lucky with the referee. You must have been watching a different game to everyone else ;)

Bostock got to Liam Finn as he went through but had let go of him before he landed. With no one holding him Liam launched forward and grounded the ball for a try. I was about five yards away. Bostock complained to Mr Hewer but his own players told him to shut up as it was a try.

I can't speak about the disallowed 'try'. I wasn't in line but later the DVD shows clearly that Luke Blakie planted the ball clean onto Ian Hardmans body and it never got within six inches of the ground. Mr Hewer was unsighted on the wrong side of the tackle so I suppose things sometimes cancel each other out.

I thought Dewsbury played well and for long periods were the better team but don't think Mr Hewer's decisions really affected the result

I enjoy games against The Rams and hope for repeat fixtures next year.

Edited by stuart56

< - Always remember, without experiencing the lows you don't really appreciate the highs - >

I also saw Dewsbury make a complete meal of a loose ball and knock on twice and still get the head and feed, I also saw them knock on twice under no pressure and get a new set.

Cummins Out.

I can't speak about the disallowed 'try'. I wasn't in line but later the DVD shows clearly that Luke Blakie planted the ball clean onto Ian Hardmans body and it never got within six inches of the ground. Mr Hewer was unsighted on the wrong side of the tackle so I suppose things sometimes cancel each other out.

If its the try that I think your on about, it was no way a try! I got a few frames of the dewsbury player trying to put the ball down but with Ians hand stopping it.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

If its the try that I think your on about, it was no way a try! I got a few frames of the dewsbury player trying to put the ball down but with Ians hand stopping it.

Hang on a minute, your totally unbiased match report stated the ball was placed on Hardmans stomach, so i take it hardman had is hand on his stomach at the time !! Or perhaps Hewer was right for once and it was the ground !!! He was closer.

Hang on a minute, your totally unbiased match report stated the ball was placed on Hardmans stomach, so i take it hardman had is hand on his stomach at the time !! Or perhaps Hewer was right for once and it was the ground !!! He was closer.

He tried to put the ball the down, in which Hardman put his hand under the ball and pushed it onto his stomach ripping the ball out in a two man tackle, should have been a penalty to Dewsbury.

I was't the only photographer who got that shot! ;)

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

we didn't play that well, but these lads are only human. it was the funeral of Gareth Swift on friday, a team mate and friend to these lads. i'm sure that would have had some effect on the mood of these players and it also puts the game into perspective. the dewsbury game wasn't the most important event over the last few days.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

I had a word with some Dewsbury fans in the clubhouse and told them that i thought the best team on the day had lost, and they thanked me for that. But at the end of the day our lads have had 2 gruelling matches previously, one which involved getting up early to fly to Toulouse, then not getting back till early hours of Monday morning and playing the game in soaring heat plus many of the lads had to go to work on the Monday aswell so this is bound to have an adverse effect on them, they must have been completely drained and running on empty. Im still proud of them though.

Im Fev and im proud

I posted this:

"We didn't think we were getting a fair shake from the ref. either particularly in the high tackle area. So perhaps he was equally bad for both teams. If Dewsbury can perform like that every week surely they'll win more than they lose.

Someone remarked to me before the game about referees. I said it's a truism that refs. don't miss tackles, don't drop passes, or commit offences.

But British Rugby League fans at all levels of the pro game continue to complain about them. Who's right and who's wrong? Is it a case of the RFL establishment saying "everyone's out of step except us?"

The fact remains that fans complain weekly about their treatment by refs. And refs. can and do materially affect the outcome of games (Fev v Catalan :angry: ) and possibly yesterday's and possibly Saturday's cup-tie. So perhaps it's time that their performances were monitored for a while by a scruitineer independent of the RFL or the clubs. And a report produced. Or does that sound too much like common sense for RL. "

on the Dewsbury forum - I don't know what Fev fans views are. I daren't put it on the main forum I'd get banned :dry: but I think it represents what a lot of RL fans think.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Until there are a lot more people of quality willing to take up the whistle and committ to season after season of abuse, ridicule and threats, I doubt the quality will improve regardless of independent scrutiny Trojan.

However, if you watch a telly game as a neutral - just have a look at how what how you think the ref is performing when the mask of loyalty to your team is removed and impartiality is given a free hand!

It's amazing that the refs tend to get most decisions correct!!! :D

I'm over yesterday now - their short defence was cak and cost them more than a 50/50 decision has! I looked in't paper this morning and no matter how I stare at it, it still says Featherstone Rovers - top of the league!!!!

Rock n Roll!!!!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Until there are a lot more people of quality willing to take up the whistle and committ to season after season of abuse, ridicule and threats, I doubt the quality will improve regardless of independent scrutiny Trojan.

However, if you watch a telly game as a neutral - just have a look at how what how you think the ref is performing when the mask of loyalty to your team is removed and impartiality is given a free hand!

It's amazing that the refs tend to get most decisions correct!!! :D

I know what you're saying and there is some truth in it. But on Saturday, I watched Leeds v Wigan and TBH I thought the decsions on ball stealing were inconsistent to say the least, I also thought that Senior should have been binned. I had no axe to grind whatsoever.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

He tried to put the ball the down, in which Hardman put his hand under the ball and pushed it onto his stomach ripping the ball out in a two man tackle, should have been a penalty to Dewsbury.

I was't the only photographer who got that shot! ;)

Well then are you going to publish the photographic evidence ?? and did you get any more of the match ? Lets see if your as good as Gary Coyle !!

Well then are you going to publish the photographic evidence ?? and did you get any more of the match ? Lets see if your as good as Gary Coyle !!

ive watched the dvd pal-no try definitely-ref wasnt unsighted either he just dropped a clanger

is there life beyond fev--- andy thorpe

John Monie once said whoever was in front when the final whistle blows, even if by only a point, is the winner, i tend to agree with him.

how come the best team lost when we scored more points ? . Look at the league table we're at the top, three points clear and we've lost one league game all season, for christ's sake enjoy it, and stop trying to disect every move, pass and team selection.

Couldn't agree more. What a spot on season so far. We are bound to be a bit tired due to the games we have played and the intensity of them. After all the lads are only human.Dewsbury played well and got what they deserved for coming close but not scoring enough points that being a bonus point. Not being funny but how many times have teams like Man United played rubbish for 89 minutes in football but still be in touching distance of teams and beaten them in the dying seconds. Thats what being championship contenders is all about having guts and character as a squad even when your not at the top of your game.

UP THE ROVERS!

Couldn't agree more. What a spot on season so far. We are bound to be a bit tired due to the games we have played and the intensity of them. After all the lads are only human.Dewsbury played well and got what they deserved for coming close but not scoring enough points that being a bonus point. Not being funny but how many times have teams like Man United played rubbish for 89 minutes in football but still be in touching distance of teams and beaten them in the dying seconds. Thats what being championship contenders is all about having guts and character as a squad even when your not at the top of your game.

UP THE ROVERS!

You said "NOT BEING FUNNY" then you said "MAN UNITED" :lol::lol::lol::lol: