Barrow sign two players from SL

From N. West Evening Mail

BARROW Raiders have signed Huddersfield Giants hooker Keal Carlile on loan until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old England Academy player

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Can only see us becoming stronger after getting these 2 & with Coyle's long awaited return from injury plus others returning very soon also, barring any new injuries we should be back to near full strength minus a couple of full season casualties, back on blob just at the right time.

Saying that its Fev's league title to lose, but here's hoping we charge in for the GF.

I really do worry for the medium/longterm financial stability of Barrow.I'd be far more impressed if they did something to improve their infrastructure in terms of training facilitiues,youth structure and the ground.When the money dries up,they will have little to show for the last few years.Not a dig,other Clubs do it,but I'd much rather build some solid foundations.

I really do worry for the medium/longterm financial stability of Barrow.I'd be far more impressed if they did something to improve their infrastructure in terms of training facilitiues,youth structure and the ground.When the money dries up,they will have little to show for the last few years.Not a dig,other Clubs do it,but I'd much rather build some solid foundations.

No need to worry.

Their crowds have increased to such a level they are completely self sufficient.

At least thats what Mick tells us regularly.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

No need to worry.

Their crowds have increased to such a level they are completely self sufficient.

They'd quite a good following at Batley today - I'd say the crowd was 50/50 Batley and Barrow. Which isn't bad considering the distances involved.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

No need to worry.

A crowd can disappear quickly, a proper infrastructure with a ground and all the trimmings is a lot more stable.

Cummins Out.

No need to worry.

Jill your four & a half penny short of a shilling :wacko:

Edited by mick wilson

rent a raider...................more brown envelopes lads???

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

We could not afford Matt Gardner wage requirements so he went to a club that could, and you have the gall to imply the above ?

hook line and sinker again eh mick? change your user name to carp or rudd :D:D:D:D:D

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

A crowd can disappear quickly, a proper infrastructure with a ground and all the trimmings is a lot more stable.

I think you only need to look further up the coast for the answer to your question - Haven are broke and going down, probably into a voluntary receivership, while Town have never recovered from their demise from 15 years ago. You can't keep spending what you don't have, short term success is good from a supporters perspective. Both Town and Haven saw huge increases in their crowds on their ascendancy to the Premiership Finals and Championship Finals, but these crowds are unsustainable as the floating supporters invariably find something else to do once the odd defeat starts slipping in.

When Town were doing well in the mid-90's they regularly took away anywhere between 300 - 1000 spectators to away matches, a good home attendance these days is around the 500 mark.

The town's speedway side have also seen their crowds decline from a healthy 6,000 a few years ago to an average of about 600 now.

A modern stadium is a must, our short sighted council in Allerdale have blown a once in a lifetime opportunity to build one in Workington, I would say that you are in a slightly better position in Barrow as your ground would be ideal for retail redevelopment and a nice modern stadium elsewhere in the town, or part of the harbour redevelopment perhaps.

Eitherway, enjoy your success and make the most of it, hopefully you will make the play-offs and enjoy a success finals day.

Maybe it's indicative that Mr. Johnson isn't bothered about all that Superleague franchise requirements mullarkey. No disrespect but why should he spend his money on a ground or a youth structure when he can strengthen the team and enjoy a few trophies as a big fish in a small pond? Or has Mr. Johnson seriously indicated he is going for Superleague?

That's not even RoulMoatly funny :lol::lol::lol:

:wub::wub::wub: that's bad mick :D:D:D