Magic Weekend Back To Cardiff

I think it's a pretty terrible idea (most of the reasons why have been covered pretty well already) and, personally, the idea of the Magic Weekend just doesn't appeal.

However, if they are going to do it, I'd suggest seeding the match-ups based on final placings from 2010 (eg, 13th v 14th etc) and setting up a blockbuster Grand Final rematch.

I'd also consider playing one of the games on the Friday night just to avoid four games on the Saturday.

i did suggest after this years MW in Edinburgh to go with 1st v 2nd etc, but its seems most people want the local Derby games. it was my opinion that if 1st played 2nd etc you would have got a closer and perhaps a more enjoyable game, obviously the powers that be didn't share my views. i'm sure anyway that the whole weekend will be a great success and i will be there.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

todays SUN says it is going back to Cardiff...yes yes yes yes thank fu8king god! :D:D

but it will be held in Feb with the Derbys back on the agenda, can only assume this will be the opening weekend of the season :O

Back to Cardiff and listed as round 1 fixtures at the request of all the SL clubs apparently,so not the RFL's fault this time!

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

What's happening with the World Club Challenge then?

If there's the odd fixture early again, before the opening round - that would diminish some appeal of the Magic weekend being the first chance to see your side play this season.

I really hope people get behind this though, it could start the season with a real bang,

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

If we have the amount of snow next february that we had in feb this year then getting to Cardiff is going to be a nightmare. :O

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Class my friend. :lol::lol:

Taking the Wife will have loads of benefits ;)

Yep - she can hold yer beer while you go for a p*ss!!!!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

If we have the amount of snow next february that we had in feb this year then getting to Cardiff is going to be a nightmare. :O

how did this country conquer a third of the globe? its a bloody mystery to me.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

I don't think we ever went for any "cold" countries !!!!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

PMSL....... No problems with snow, ice or whatever weather... the main roads will be made safe, its an event weekend.

Plus the week before Wales play a union game in cardiff.

I don't think we ever went for any "cold" countries !!!!

Someone needs to call Canada and tell 'em it ain't 'alf 'ot mum.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Someone needs to call Canada and tell 'em it ain't 'alf 'ot mum.

ha ha - I thought we left the cold bits for the frogs!

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

The roof will be on B)

If it snows we can build a snow ;)

Plus have snow ball fights :O

Ganson in the firing line :lol::lol:

I was thinking more about snow on the roads than a bit of snow on the pitch or the fans. But now I realise that's just plain wimpish!

With an attitude like `we can build snowmen' we can move mountains.

So let's move mountains then!

Millennium Stadium full to the ginnels ......... it's gotta be a good idea.

:D

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

I was thinking more about snow on the roads than a bit of snow on the pitch or the fans. But now I realise that's just plain wimpish!

With an attitude like `we can build snowmen' we can move mountains.

So let's move mountains then!

Millennium Stadium full to the ginnels ......... it's gotta be a good idea.

:D

Thats the spirit. :D

If there's the odd fixture early again, before the opening round - that would diminish some appeal of the Magic weekend being the first chance to see your side play this season.

Just cause I'm still wondering

Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.

Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

The Six Nations (or earlier five nations) have been played for decades in February. Fans travel from Scotland, Ireland and France in February.

I anticipate that the success of this event will live or die by the RFL's promotion. If ticket sales are good early then it could gain a lot of momentum. A good event could also see round 2 attendances (club's first proper home games) getting a boost too.

I really hope people get behind this though, it could start the season with a real bang,

Well, it "should" be on a blank weekend, with the entire season being brought back early for it.

BUT...

"Round 1" 2011 - February 11-12th

"Round 1" 2010 - February 5-7th

The opening games (Cru/Leeds and Quins/Wakey) - January 29-30th

So the first round is a week later than this year's first round, and two weeks later than the unofficial first games of the SL. How the hell is that gonna work out?!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Well, it "should" be on a blank weekend, with the entire season being brought back early for it.

BUT...

"Round 1" 2011 - February 11-12th

"Round 1" 2010 - February 5-7th

The opening games (Cru/Leeds and Quins/Wakey) - January 29-30th

So the first round is a week later than this year's first round, and two weeks later than the unofficial first games of the SL. How the hell is that gonna work out?!

Wasn't the season moved forward to pull it in line with the NRL Grand final in order to for England to make the most of a trip Down Under? With a slightly murky international calendar in 2011 (IIRC) having a 'later' season start would be fine.

Wasn't the season moved forward to pull it in line with the NRL Grand final in order to for England to make the most of a trip Down Under? With a slightly murky international calendar in 2011 (IIRC) having a 'later' season start would be fine.

Four Nations scheduled for 2011. You're thinking of 2012.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg