Hunslet v Wukkie tonight on Sky

I couldnt recall the full story for obvious reasons

You know what Phil does now for a day job?

No idea. I could make a few guesses though!

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

I do like to watch the lower divisions but boy it's embrassing when you have people like Ryan McDonald running around in the shape he is in. He is a fat slug offering nothing to this game. Surely Workington have some young and lean kids they can give a run to?

He must be holding the record for 3rd man tackles and the 30secs it takes him to get back on side.

Were as im guessing your an incredible athlete who could easily play a full 80 minutes without even breaking sweat. And I would love to see yo call him a fat slug to his face, now kindly go away. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought Town were superb given the situation where we had played sunday and had to travel. Oh and had to play against the 3 refs of Roby, March and March (even though that does sound like a solicitors :) ). Was a bit annoying how Sky and its pundits had already decided the outcome and expected us to roll over and have our bellies rubbed, but that just made it sweeter when we` took it to em` as my old coach used to say. With a bit more luck or run of the ball we could have provided a massive shock, but im more than happy with the way we played and the bonus point. Was a bit surprised at how poor Hunslet were, but the hat trick scorer does look a hell of a prospect.

No idea. I could make a few guesses though!

I dont mean this in any disrespectful way at all

He operates a lathe !!!

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Were as im guessing your an incredible athlete who could easily play a full 80 minutes without even breaking sweat. And I would love to see yo call him a fat slug to his face, now kindly go away. Thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought Town were superb given the situation where we had played sunday and had to travel. Oh and had to play against the 3 refs of Roby, March and March (even though that does sound like a solicitors :) ). Was a bit annoying how Sky and its pundits had already decided the outcome and expected us to roll over and have our bellies rubbed, but that just made it sweeter when we` took it to em` as my old coach used to say. With a bit more luck or run of the ball we could have provided a massive shock, but im more than happy with the way we played and the bonus point. Was a bit surprised at how poor Hunslet were, but the hat trick scorer does look a hell of a prospect.

Those with knowledge of this level of RL will know that the hat trick scorer Wayne McHugh has been around for years (I think he is 30) but his off field antics have prevented him making a decent career. He is a very, very good player and always has been but a quick search on google will reveal the extent of his "issues".

BarrowRaiders-keithnutter-1.png

Enjoyed watching this yesterday and I thought more than one occasion Workington looked the better side.

Maybe it was just me but the disallowed Hunslet try was a try for mine.

The biff at the end was great stuff :D

Those with knowledge of this level of RL will know that the hat trick scorer Wayne McHugh has been around for years (I think he is 30) but his off field antics have prevented him making a decent career. He is a very, very good player and always has been but a quick search on google will reveal the extent of his "issues".

Don't know about that Keith, I'd say that McHugh has had a very successful career at our level of the sport. I'd wager that he's scored well over 100 tries over the last ten years, and I bet he's not that far off a try per game ratio over the course his time in the game.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Enjoyed watching this yesterday and I thought more than one occasion Workington looked the better side.

Maybe it was just me but the disallowed Hunslet try was a try for mine.

The biff at the end was great stuff :D

Was fun wasnt it, and Town won that......at least im claiming we did. We should get another bonus point for that.

Don't know about that Keith, I'd say that McHugh has had a very successful career at our level of the sport. I'd wager that he's scored well over 100 tries over the last ten years, and I bet he's not that far off a try per game ratio over the course his time in the game.

Well he scored over 50 in 2 seasons at Featherstone. Think he was there for roughly 3 so don't know the total.

Cummins Out.

Was fun wasnt it, and Town won that......at least im claiming we did. We should get another bonus point for that.

I think should Bradford ever go bust I'll support the Hawks, all they did last night was shout anti Leeds songs which is my idea of heaven :P

Just watching the replay now on Sky Sports 3.

Just watching the replay now on Sky Sports 3.

So am I and the RFL need to take a look at the incident in the 38th minute where March instructs Wabo to charge in and hit a Town player. The Town winger had been half tackled and was on his backside with a Hunslet player holding his lower body. March was holding him up and he truned and shouted to Wabo to charge him. Wabo charge in and March jumped out of the way as Wabo arrived. Fortunately contact wasn't as serious as it might have been but it was certainly designed to cause physical injury to the Workington winger and something the game doe not need.

Edited by Keith T

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

all they did last night was shout anti Leeds songs

There were some anti-York songs in there too. Last night was a great chance for the fans to big up their own club on live TV, but instead they have a go at other clubs. Do any Leeds Rhino's fans actually know Hunslet even exist?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

So am I and the RFL need to take a look at the incident in the 38th minute where March instructs Wabo to charge in and hit a Town player. The Town winger had been half tackled and was on his backside with a Hunslet player holding his lower body. March was holding him up and he truned and shouted to Wabo to charge him. Wabo charge in and March jumped out of the way as Wabo arrived. Fortunately contact wasn't as serious as it might have been but it was certainly designed to cause physical injury to the Workington winger and something the game doe not need.

It was a disgusting challenge, and March and Wabo should be hammered for it. On another day that could have caused Backhouse a massive problem, though no surprise to see it was one of the March brothers involved. Hopefully someone at Town will put that challenge to the RFL and ask for something to be done.

There were some anti-York songs in there too. Last night was a great chance for the fans to big up their own club on live TV, but instead they have a go at other clubs. Do any Leeds Rhino's fans actually know Hunslet even exist?

That's South Leeds for you, brain dead most of them.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

That's South Leeds for you, brain dead most of them.

Bit rich is that coming from someone who goes in South stand at Headingley very intelligent lot they are.

Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

Well there was about ten there last night so i am guessing yes and they took it in good spirit it was only sung when they got up just a bit of fun whats wrong with that and why do you care what we sing maybe we should be like your lot and attack other teams players instead :D:D

Were Leeds council ever contractually bound to complete doing up the SLS to a 10k stadium?

A second Leeds team in SL would be good for the game

Well they can't fill the stadium that they've got so there wouldn't be much point would there?

The stadium was constructed as an athletic/general sports stadium and not specifically for Hunslet. Thankfully for them it allowed them to bring a long nomadic period to an end. It might not be pretty but at least it's home.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Bit rich is that coming from someone who goes in South stand at Headingley very intelligent lot they are.

Go for it Belle Isle boy, don't hear us singing "we hate Hunslet", were you one of the tightwads that loves your club so much, you stand infront of the tennis centre so you don't have to spend any of your giro?

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Well they can't fill the stadium that they've got so there wouldn't be much point would there?

The stadium was constructed as an athletic/general sports stadium and not specifically for Hunslet. Thankfully for them it allowed them to bring a long nomadic period to an end. It might not be pretty but at least it's home.

It was good to see the turbine at long last. :P

Go for it Belle Isle boy, don't hear us singing "we hate Hunslet", were you one of the tightwads that loves your club so much, you stand infront of the tennis centre so you don't have to spend any of your giro?

I saw the bloke in the yellow shirt watching the game for free through the gates :lol::lol::lol::D

It happens at many grounds.

No i go home and away even when we were getting beat 50 nil every week so im a pretty loyal fan being going for twenty years so is that good enough and i have worked all my life to watch Hunslet all round country.