Quins RL junior development puts some heartlands clubs to shame

Quins RL junior development puts some heartlands clubs to shame

:rolleyes: Presumably, as do the non-Quins community clubs in Medway, Brentwood, Hainault, St Albans, Hemel and Greenwich etc who supply a significant number of players to the Quins Academy?

London Junior League Grand Finalists:

U12s - Elmbridge Eagles v Medway Dragons

U13s - Brentwood Elvers V Medway Dragons

U14s - Elmbridge Eagles V Brentwood Elvers

U16s - Greenwich Admirals V Hainault Bulldogs

U18s - Medway Dragons V Greenwich Admirals

Edited by Northern Eel

Aren't Skolars, South London Storm, West London Sharks & all the clubs in and on the outskirts of London (in the RLC 'Premier' South & RLC South East?) potential feeder clubs for Quins?

Edited by HappyDave

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

:rolleyes: Presumably, as do the non-Quins community clubs in Medway, Brentwood, Hainault, St Albans, Hemel and Greenwich etc who supply a significant number of players to the Quins Academy?

London Junior League Grand Finalists:

U12s - Elmbridge Eagles v Medway Dragons

U13s - Brentwood Elvers V Medway Dragons

U14s - Elmbridge Eagles V Brentwood Elvers

U16s - Greenwich Admirals V Hainault Bulldogs

U18s - Medway Dragons V Greenwich Admirals

Indeed Northern Eel. Not many Quins Community clubs at finals day this year.

That said the coverage in the Quins programme after the event was actually

pretty well balanced for a change.

Dont suppose you know the kick off time for the County High fixture at Hillingdon

on cup final eve. ?

Indeed Northern Eel. Not many Quins Community clubs at finals day this year.

That said the coverage in the Quins programme after the event was actually

pretty well balanced for a change.

Dont suppose you know the kick off time for the County High fixture at Hillingdon

on cup final eve. ?

1.10pm. Fancy it?

1.10pm. Fancy it?

Indeed yes but Earlies that morning.

Will be travelling on the tube from Knightsbridge so that will take me a fair while.

Understand its only a 10 or so minute walk from Uxbridge station.

May not make the start but will get there a.s.a.p.

Hopefully we will have a 10 to 6 on so that I can take some time off.

Edited by Spicer

The killer post

SaintLan

19 Aug 2010, 1:17PM

Olympic Stadium would be ideal - dead easy to get to.

I've played rugby league in London for years - but I wouldn't bother going to Twickenham to watch it im afraid

People are getting confused here - The Harlequins RL debate is not about whether people enjoy playing recreational Rugby League in London or that their numbers may be growing. it is whether Harlequins RL the Professional Club is viable as a going concern due to the lack of spectators.

Put it this way if the number of people who are supposedly playing RL in the south east actuaully turned up at the Stoop to watch the pro club. TRL would be a duller place as Quins threads would be fewer.

It's a simple equation

More Fans = More Cash = Better Team = More attractive to sponsors = potential success on the field = More Fans and so on.

Far from being an argument in favour of the club. The more posts I read from the recreational game. the more I am convinced you are all saying "we can survive quite nicely without the Super League Club - thank you".

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

The killer post

People are getting confused here - The Harlequins RL debate is not about whether people enjoy playing recreational Rugby League in London or that their numbers may be growing. it is whether Harlequins RL the Professional Club is viable as a going concern due to the lack of spectators.

Put it this way if the number of people who are supposedly playing RL in the south east actuaully turned up at the Stoop to watch the pro club. TRL would be a duller place as Quins threads would be fewer.

It's a simple equation

More Fans = More Cash = Better Team = More attractive to sponsors = potential success on the field = More Fans and so on.

Far from being an argument in favour of the club. The more posts I read from the recreational game. the more I am convinced you are all saying "we can survive quite nicely without the Super League Club - thank you".

I still don't think you understand the anit-Quins feeling of the majority of RL people in London

Ever since the ill-thought out move back to the Stoop coupled with the ill-thought out name to change to Quins, many Broncos fans were alienated. Some stopped going overnight. I know quite a few. Some carried on going occasionally begrudingly, but have waned.

Also RL fans of other clubs who now live in London, do not identify with Quins despite the RL connection. It was bad enough at times as Broncose with the ill-thought out Aussie connection, and I still maintain that having Chris Warren guffawing as the clubs spokesperson did the club no favours in trying to convince Londoners that they were a London club

What is needed now is to merge the best bits of what Quins RL and London RLFC had, i.e.

- Youth set-up and connections (Quins RL)

- Squad (Quins RL approach of locals/Brits)

- Coach (Please aim for a Brit)

- MediaMan (A Londoner)

- Brand (London RLFC, with the bronco bit dropped)

- Ground (A well thought out, not a Union ground)

- Fanbase (get all the Broncos fans back and then target ex-pats plus Londoners)

Well, I call that petty, it makes those so-called (ex-)'fans' almost as bad as the 'Union-type' who try to belittle/discredit our sport.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop