Brilliant camera work by Sky deserves a prize

I must say I have never seen a live action shot like that on TV.

They caught Nathan Brown closeup on halfway cheering on Cudjoe as the winger ran past his coach. It was the kind of action footage that you only see in a planned rehearsed scene in a movie theatre.

The cameraman had to be on the other side of the field, but was alert enough to foucus on Brown from the beginning of Cudjoe's run. The director of the broadcast was also astute and alert enough to focus first on Cudgoe running then to capture the shot of Brown as Cudjoe came up to and flashed past Brown. Then the director went back to the chase and the scoring of the try. All done spontaneously in a matter of seconds.

That whole try coverage from all angles deserves a prize IMO.

Edited by ParisSurtout

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Agreed :O

As he comes running past him and he follows him..superb

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

It had to have been better than those ##### kids who kept jumping up and down.

The ones in the stand just in front of Brown?

I would give Brown a prize for self-control, since he spent 75 minutes not thumping them.

_____

The thing about the footage I am praising is that the cameraman captured Brown looking to his left (our right) punching the air and beckoning Cudjoe on, then exactly as Cudjoe flashes by you see Brown head on wide eyed and excited, then turning right and punching the air.

Just amazing clear shots, as the camera suddenly goes back to the wide angle of Cudjoe running for the line with two Wolves in pursuit. That is what made it so good.

_____

I mentioned this on the game thread.

The best bit for me was, although I felt desperately sorry for him, the young Wire fan in the seats with his dad behind Nathan Browns actions, he looked just like how I imagined Wendall felt at that point.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Don't they just have a couple of camera's constantly focussed on the coaches and Cudjoe just happened to run past.

A couple? I doubt they have a couple. But usually one when the coach is in the stand. However Brown had walked down on to the field and was moving around, so not so easy to keep him in focus.

But I take your point, and thus would probably give the bulk of the prize to the director/producer of the telecast, who made the decisions on when to switch to and from the player running, then to the coach, and then back to the wide shot of the player. The timing was immaculate.

_____

That was Wendall.

:lol: I wonder if Wendall was there? I'm guessing he'll never admit they messed-up, got their tactics wrong, Hudds played excellently or that their line speed was pretty lack-luster comparedto how the usually played during the season. Good ole' Wendy. :D

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

:lol: I wonder if Wendall was there? I'm guessing he'll never admit they messed-up, got their tactics wrong, Hudds played excellently or that their line speed was pretty lack-luster comparedto how the usually played during the season. Good ole' Wendy. :D

Good post and very :lol::lol::lol:

i hold my breath awaiting WENDALLS comments.

I mentioned this on the game thread.

The best bit for me was, although I felt desperately sorry for him, the young Wire fan in the seats with his dad behind Nathan Browns actions, he looked just like how I imagined Wendall felt at that point.

I was halfway down the steps at that time! :rolleyes: It was a great TV moment though but a sickener for Wire and exposed some of our so called pace men.

I was halfway down the steps at that time! :rolleyes: It was a great TV moment though but a sickener for Wire and exposed some of our so called pace men.

Fair play mate.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)